Big Brother General Discussion

2 hours ago, Ziggy49 said:

Go back over the seasons, production has a habit of every black woman they cast is crazy, survivor does this a lot too. 

Didnt a black guy win survivor like 3 seasons ago?  And cant remember the Latino woman who won Survivor twice.  Survivor does much better re variety of people IMO.

Didnt Jess say in Mortys feeds that she wants Josh out as she cant get anything done w him being there?!  WTH?!  If true that shoots my hope/dream that Cody being w Jess will bring more focus on getting rid of Satan, which definitely should be done immediately.  His 3 weeks of safety is over now, isnt it?  If they fail again to evict Paul, well it would be one of the stupidest moves ever.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Aldrich said:

Didnt a black guy win survivor like 3 seasons ago?  And cant remember the Latino woman who won Survivor twice.  Survivor does much better re variety of people IMO.

So your argument about the majority of black women cast in these 2 shows is a black MAN and a LATINA woman? 

I didn't say all of them, there's actually been 2 or 3 survivor winners that were black female, but if you go back over the course of both shows there's been a pretty strong track record of crazy black females 

1 hour ago, Aldrich said:

Didnt Jess say in Mortys feeds that she wants Josh out as she cant get anything done w him being there?!  WTH?!  If true that shoots my hope/dream that Cody being w Jess will bring more focus on getting rid of Satan, which definitely should be done immediately.  His 3 weeks of safety is over now, isnt it?  If they fail again to evict Paul, well it would be one of the stupidest moves ever.

I doubt they'd have the votes get Paul out.

45 minutes ago, WOC said:

I doubt they'd have the votes get Paul out.

True - Jess doesn't want to pull a Cody but..... Cody said he would pull the trigger when he  gets HOH

22 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

Oh the joy of having stone faced Cody back in the game and adding yet another showmance to the equation ... Someone stick a fork in my eye please!

Would have personally loved to see Cameron get a chance at playing ... someone who genuinely loves the game and would be on for the right reasons!

yes I wanted to see CAmeron, but really they like the drama of Cody vs Paul and the showmance too

2 hours ago, Ziggy49 said:

So your argument about the majority of black women cast in these 2 shows is a black MAN and a LATINA woman? 

I didn't say all of them, there's actually been 2 or 3 survivor winners that were black female, but if you go back over the course of both shows there's been a pretty strong track record of crazy black females 

My comment was that I remember winners of Survivor have been black & Hispanic.  I have posted here that it does seem black women are seemingly chosen to present very fiery/emotional, especially on BB.  And it saddens me that this seems to be the case.

I have only watched both programs for last 3 years & so cant refer to the history of either one.  I was not intending to have an argument just to make a comment re what I have seen.  Yikes!!  

6 hours ago, Ziggy49 said:

Go back over the seasons, production has a habit of every black woman they cast is crazy, survivor does this a lot too. 

If you think the melanin rich population is not aware, you are living pretty white bread. They live with this daily.

15 minutes ago, BBLover4ever said:

Jess nominating josh and Ramses is a waste. Unless she backdoors Christmas. Wonder if the idiots  would vote her out? 

I agree.  I think Jessica is afraid of upsetting everyone.  Maybe it's because of how she went from being in with the "cool kids" to being an outcast in the blink of an eye.  Her HOH is going to be a waste, and I see her as a lousy game player.  Maybe she would have done better if Cody hadn't come back.  

40 minutes ago, BBLover4ever said:

Jess nominating josh and Ramses is a waste. Unless she backdoors Christmas. Wonder if the idiots  would vote her out? 

I'm hoping Jess will take Ramses off and put up Raven. Goodbye Josh!

18 hours ago, HeleneL said:

That's more than a real possibility.  I think Ramses is just on there as a pawn.  Hope he wins VETO or whoever does takes him off the block and Paul goes in as a replacement.  Now who to keep.... hmmm  Josh who is only being kept for his vote or Paul who's there to take the prize right from under their noses.    All depends on who wins VETO

Now if the other HG can see the big danger to them winning is Paul MAYBE they will vote him out.  Josh is a pain in the behind but Paul is the real threat to the money.

17 hours ago, Ziggy49 said:

I hope you all are not right about this, but thinking back over the past seasons you may have a point.  BB needs to change this.

19 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

I agree.  It's a game, but it's definitely not "fair."  Also every summer like clock work the house guests always vote out any black people very early.  A black person never makes it to like final five.  Is it racism?  I'm not sure I would go that far, but it's surely not "fair."  I'm sure Production has a lot to do with planting seeds.  Production knows they have to include some black people in the cast.  They have to include them, but they don't really want them in the game or to win.  It's obvious by the people they cast and what has gone on over the years.  

Danielle Reyes made it to F2. One of the best players in BB history and a personal favorite of mine.  She was there to win and that could be the difference of people who play and get voted out. There have been more non-african players who have acted crazy and strange and voted out early. Agesim is a problem too with the cast members and perhaps BB could have done a better job casting older people like they did with Kevin. 

24 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

Danielle Reyes made it to F2. One of the best players in BB history and a personal favorite of mine.  She was there to win and that could be the difference of people who play and get voted out. There have been more non-african players who have acted crazy and strange and voted out early. Agesim is a problem too with the cast members and perhaps BB could have done a better job casting older people like they did with Kevin. 

Dan and Jason had great secret alliance all season, don't know why more people don't do this. 

19 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

I agree.  I was trying to remember her name when I was writing my original post.  She was awesome and genuine and played before BB begun casting in stereotypes.   It's just sad that they always cast a crazy, over the top black woman, that is primed to go off at the slightest provocation, (think China or Mama D).  Or she's a bible thumper. They always throw in a flamboyant gay man and a young, white male nerd, and a quirky white female that is somewhat alternative.  I think Nickomis started that trend.  Add in one "older" person and then the rest are the beautiful people.

Personally, I wish they would stop with this lame formula and just cast interesting people.  You can basically. Predict how the first half of the season is going to go and who will be voted out in the beginning, based on the casting.  And it assumes that the audience is dumb, which is insulting as a viewer.

21 minutes ago, Keepittogether said:

I agree.  I was trying to remember her name when I was writing my original post.  She was awesome and genuine and played before BB begun casting in stereotypes.   It's just sad that they always cast a crazy, over the top black woman, that is primed to go off at the slightest provocation, (think China or Mama D).  Or she's a bible thumper. They always throw in a flamboyant gay man and a young, white male nerd, and a quirky white female that is somewhat alternative.  I think Nickomis started that trend.  Add in one "older" person and then the rest are the beautiful people.

Personally, I wish they would stop with this lame formula and just cast interesting people.  You can basically. Predict how the first half of the season is going to go and who will be voted out in the beginning, based on the casting.  And it assumes that the audience is dumb, which is insulting as a viewer.

"Interesting people" have real jobs or responsibilities and can't afford to leave that behind for 3 months. Most of these people casted have acting cards and have been on something or trying to break through. Very few are "regular" people just thinking "hey I'll make an audition tape" today. They usually try out for many different shows and wait to get accepted. Over the top and bringing in baggage like Raven makes ratings. People could go on and on about bias that has nothing to do with Africans americans.  How many fat people do you see on BB..and the only white girl without megaboobs and hot body was treated badly and voted off first. You could choose 100 different platforms when describing the bias of BB. It all comes down to either watch it or don't but Bb will always have an audience.

4 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

"Interesting people" have real jobs or responsibilities and can't afford to leave that behind for 3 months. Most of these people casted have acting cards and have been on something or trying to break through. Very few are "regular" people just thinking "hey I'll make an audition tape" today. They usually try out for many different shows and wait to get accepted. Over the top and bringing in baggage like Raven makes ratings. People could go on and on about bias that has nothing to do with Africans americans.  How many fat people do you see on BB..and the only white girl without megaboobs and hot body was treated badly and voted off first. You could choose 100 different platforms when describing the bias of BB. It all comes down to either watch it or don't but Bb will always have an audience.

You've pegged it. 

11 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

I agree and am aware that I could stop watching and obviously I haven't.  I'm just venting one of my major frustrations with the show. And while I'm sure most of they people they cast do have acting or hosting aspersions (like Jeff's gig) I do think they could do a better job at finding a better cross section of people.  It's like they run down a check list of some lame formula each year and it gets old.  I would imagine that they do get a lot of people that apply/audition that don't fit into their formulaic casting plan.  It would also be cool to see some other cultures as well, to see how they live. How about someone Asian Indian or Muslim?  America is made up of more that dim witted 24 year olds with fake boobs.  It would just be nice to see how sins of those people would fare in the house.

Just sayin.

5 minutes ago, Keepittogether said:

I agree and am aware that I could stop watching and obviously I haven't.  I'm just venting one of my major frustrations with the show. And while I'm sure most of they people they cast do have acting or hosting aspersions (like Jeff's gig) I do think they could do a better job at finding a better cross section of people.  It's like they run down a check list of some lame formula each year and it gets old.  I would imagine that they do get a lot of people that apply/audition that don't fit into their formulaic casting plan.  It would also be cool to see some other cultures as well, to see how they live. How about someone Asian Indian or Muslim?  America is made up of more that dim witted 24 year olds with fake boobs.  It would just be nice to see how sins of those people would fare in the house.

Just sayin.

I hope you didn't take the comment about watching it or not personally because it applies to every one of us that has bitched and complained about this game but still continues to watch :raises hand:. I just think that singling out that "only crazy black females" are casted is inaccurate because plenty of crazy white females have been equally casted. It's ratios..if less black females apply to the game because history shows it's predominantly a white, jacked up male or boobed up female cast then the odds are that everyone who is not in the above category is casted to be filler. 

13 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Jason was asking Alex if they should flip sides (Join Cody & Jess) Alex with a firm no stay the course

Jason will hopefully start thinking for himself. He seems to like Jess, even if he doesn't admit it.