Paul Houseguest Discussion Thread

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think my favorite moment (well, one of my favorite moments) of the night was when they showed the messages Josh left

for the jury members as they got evicted.  He just could not believe that Josh out-smarted him in using those goodbye

messages to work the jury against Paul.  Paul called it "cowardly," but what he meant was that it was brilliant strategy on

Josh's part. He didn't think Josh was that smart.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:37 AM, Roli said:

So that Deadskull site is his so-called clothing line?  Paul referring to that as a clothing line is as ridiculous as Josh referring to his ebay (or whatever) selling as "owning his own business".  When I hear someone say "clothing line", I assume it's a line of clothing that actually involves a clothing designer.  I didn't realize an on-line t-shirt shop qualified.  

I guess I'm old school, but I'm just not a fan of clothing that has vulgar language on it.  I remember when my kids were first starting to read.  They were so excited about it that they read everything they saw....signs, billboards, t-shirts, etc.  I don't think wearing cuss words was really a thing at that time, but I can imagine how it is for parents of young kids now to have to explain some of those words.  

I agree. No imagination, not funny or clever.  Just a way to avoid really working.  Some people just don't want to work.

17 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Paul's going to need some psychiatric care over the next year. He was absolutely devastated.

I think you could be right.  The best thing is that I think BB is highly unlikely to ever invite Paul back, and even if they did - I don't think he would accept the invitation.  So very likely, we will NEVER have to watch Paul EVER again!!!

14 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

I think you could be right.  The best thing is that I think BB is highly unlikely to ever invite Paul back, and even if they did - I don't think he would accept the invitation.  So very likely, we will NEVER have to watch Paul EVER again!!!

Are you kidding?  His ego is so inflated even if it's bruised at the moment but I'm sure if they have an all-star or all vets BB he will be right there. He said he would do it a 3rd time against Vets but not newbies.  And I will watch it just to see him get bested by some of the more crafty players who came before him.

9 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

I don't think I would watch Paul again.  His sleaziness was too annoying. I was not excited to watch tonight's show, as I figured Paul would win. I think that Josh winning was such a surprise, that it actually made the ending better than I thought it would be.  Elana voting against Paul gave me hope.  She actually figured some things out, and I wasn't sure she would!   That was a happy moment!    I really think Paul thought they were too dumb to catch on to him. Sheesh  But then, I think arrogance is probably a common downfall among people who take advantage of others.  People who commonly lie and aren't called out on it, don't realize that nice people don't say 'you just lied to me' to their faces, they just limit their interaction with that person in the future.  That liar, mistakenly thinks they 'put one over' on the nice person, when in reality, the liar just limited their own future options. But the liar is too dumb to realize it.  Maybe down the line, they look back, and seeing a lot of closed doors, the light bulb comes on, and maybe not.

8 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

Are you kidding?  His ego is so inflated even if it's bruised at the moment but I'm sure if they have an all-star or all vets BB he will be right there. He said he would do it a 3rd time against Vets but not newbies.  And I will watch it just to see him get bested by some of the more crafty players who came before him.

Yeah, I agree. His ego is too big to not try again. He's the greatest ever in his own mind.

25 minutes ago, WOC said:

Yeah, I agree. His ego is too big to not try again. He's the greatest ever in his own mind.

I just can't see Paul playing again.  What could he do differently?  He's lost 2 years in a row!  There is NO WAY another season would let him get so deep into the season now after making final 2 twice in 2 years.  No - he's done with BB...there's no way he can return now.

11 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

I just can't see Paul playing again.  What could he do differently?  He's lost 2 years in a row!  There is NO WAY another season would let him get so deep into the season now after making final 2 twice in 2 years.  No - he's done with BB...there's no way he can return now.

Oh he will play again.  I guarantee it lol.  He will not sit still for this defeat to Josh the immature clown which is even worse than his defeat to Nicole.  He will absolutely want to come back and prove himself the best.  He can't help himself.  That's what egomaniacs do.

52 minutes ago, WhatADay said:

I don't think I would watch Paul again.  His sleaziness was too annoying. I was not excited to watch tonight's show, as I figured Paul would win. I think that Josh winning was such a surprise, that it actually made the ending better than I thought it would be.  Elana voting against Paul gave me hope.  She actually figured some things out, and I wasn't sure she would!   That was a happy moment!    I really think Paul thought they were too dumb to catch on to him. Sheesh  But then, I think arrogance is probably a common downfall among people who take advantage of others.  People who commonly lie and aren't called out on it, don't realize that nice people don't say 'you just lied to me' to their faces, they just limit their interaction with that person in the future.  That liar, mistakenly thinks they 'put one over' on the nice person, when in reality, the liar just limited their own future options. But the liar is too dumb to realize it.  Maybe down the line, they look back, and seeing a lot of closed doors, the light bulb comes on, and maybe not.

I don't know who you are but your comment is right on the money!  VERY well said!

Paul got what was coming to him - and fate used the meatball, of all people, to serve it to him. Lol. Oh, this was a good night!

3 hours ago, straykat said:

I can't stop chuckling. Paul lost to his clown. By one vote. Again. At least Nicole was liked by the jury but none of them liked Josh very much. And then Cody get's AFP. Didn't enjoy this season very much but the end was satisfying.

yes the evening was served cold

7 hours ago, carmen said:

I think my favorite moment (well, one of my favorite moments) of the night was when they showed the messages Josh left

for the jury members as they got evicted.  He just could not believe that Josh out-smarted him in using those goodbye

messages to work the jury against Paul.  Paul called it "cowardly," but what he meant was that it was brilliant strategy on

Josh's part. He didn't think Josh was that smart.

Paul was so mad that Josh ratted him out like that.  I loved it!!  Paul is a bitter little man.

6 hours ago, HeleneL said:

Oh he will play again.  I guarantee it lol.  He will not sit still for this defeat to Josh the immature clown which is even worse than his defeat to Nicole.  He will absolutely want to come back and prove himself the best.  He can't help himself.  That's what egomaniacs do.

I don't EVER want to see Paul's face on my TV again.  Not on BB and not on Survivor or Amazing Race.  Although I don't believe he could handle being on the other two shows.  His floatie would pop in the jungle.

16 hours ago, carmen said:

He didn't think Josh was that smart.

A lot of people didn't think Josh was that smart.  He portrayed himself as a big doofus, but when he barely defended himself when called "stupid", and when he didn't really cry about getting put down like that, I knew it was his strategy.  

I know some people will still call him stupid, but he's the one with a $500,000 check.  (Take that, Jessica, and shove it up where your fingers like to poke.  :D)

2 hours ago, Roli said:

A lot of people didn't think Josh was that smart.  He portrayed himself as a big doofus, but when he barely defended himself when called "stupid", and when he didn't really cry about getting put down like that, I knew it was his strategy.  

I know some people will still call him stupid, but he's the one with a $500,000 check.  (Take that, Jessica, and shove it up where your fingers like to poke.  :D)

I never underestimated him. He was at the top of the list to win. I thought Paul was in there to help someone but I originally thought it would be Kevin. Josh I figured would find his way to F3 somehow. That's what happens when all focus was on Paul...good or bad focus. Makes it easier for others to slip by.

Please! Josh is an idiot who got lucky to be seating next to a total ass who thought he was the shit. It was obvious anyone sitting next to Paul would win. It's funny how people knew Josh was some kind of game master now! I bet they won all kind of money in Vegas betting on his dumb ass to win.

4 hours ago, WOC said:

Please! Josh is an idiot who got lucky to be seating next to a total ass who thought he was the shit. It was obvious anyone sitting next to Paul would win. It's funny how people knew Josh was some kind of game master now! I bet they won all kind of money in Vegas betting on his dumb ass to win.

If you're referring to me, I never said he was a game master, but back when Jessica was stupidly calling him stupid, I disagreed with her idiotic judgement of him and stated so on this board.  She's the one who was stupid enough to spend most of her time secluded in bed with Cody instead of playing the game, and didn't even make it to jury.  She's a mean girl, and is unlikely to change.  She got what she deserved. 

As far as Josh being "lucky", well, you're entitled to your opinion.  Nobody has any way to prove if it was luck or strategy.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt based on his DR sessions.   He wasn't my favorite HG by a long shot, but he also wasn't my least favorite.  

4 hours ago, Lamasquerade said:

I never underestimated him. He was at the top of the list to win. I thought Paul was in there to help someone but I originally thought it would be Kevin. Josh I figured would find his way to F3 somehow. That's what happens when all focus was on Paul...good or bad focus. Makes it easier for others to slip by.

Good points.

Josh is the idiot that won 500K, and here is my prediction for the 500K:   probably 50K will go to his and mom/family bills right away.  At least another 25K will be splurged/wasted in the euphoria of the high from winning.   Josh will probably buy a 50 to 80K vehicle right away. (ego purchase- but long term waste of money).  Florida doesn't charge state income tax, so Josh won't have to pay state income tax, but he will have to pay federal income tax, and that will probably be around $115, 000 (on the 500K) unless he is smart enough to get some professional advice, which I am not sure he will be.  He may also buy a house,  and with that kind of money figure floating around in his head, he will probably buy more house than he can afford to keep up, and FL is high on insurance due to hurricanes.  He may or may not be aware of this and may or may not plan accordingly.   The most he should spend of the 385 (after taxes), should have a lot more to do with what he can count on for future income because taxes and insurance  on real estate are big and will continue to go up.  If he is smart, he will put at least 200K  (300K would be brilliant) of the money into long term investments like annuities, bonds,  and  blue chip stocks with good dividends and do that with someone with a solid gold reputation and a track record, who can give honest guidance about what companies to buy NOW.  I would advise him to start reading up on this type of stuff, and if he wants to have some fun, take about 10 or 15 K to 'play' with in the investing arena.  DO NOT TRUST people he doesn't know and now come at him with 'help'.  He is now a target.  I am rambling....   this money can  secure him for life, IF HE IS SMART, invests wisely, and keeps working.   He can't stop working, blow it on expensive vehicles, a big house, partying, and walk away a rich man.  500K just isn't that much money.  BTW, at his age, YEARS of collecting  dividends on blue chip stocks will make him very rich at age 50, 60.   Listening Josh?  PS, by the end of the show, I had decided Josh did have a heart, and I think he will get hit up for loans, etc.  He is going to have to manage that, and  it will be hard for him.  Another idea, get a money manager, once again..  a well known manager,  who charges a low percentage fee for managing and has a stellar solid gold reputation, so he can just tell people he can't make loans, and maybe  he will have money left in a year.