Paul Houseguest Discussion Thread

For me the best case scenario is to bring King Paul just to the edge (noticed I said bring) into final 3, get him out and he votes with jury.  That way he won't have time to try to convince the jury or get them to drink his kool-aid in order to have them do his bidding.  Just would be kind of funny I think.  Once again I am being optimistic and dreaming.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I feel like CBS has aided Paul this season if he makes it to F2 he deserves to win. He took the 3 week free pass in the beginning and ran with it. Imagine if that would have been Raven getting CBS's help. She would have never gotten as far as Paul has. Mainly because Paul has a brain and Raven does not. If the rest of the house guests are so stupid as to never put a returning player on the block well then it's there own fault Paul is sitting where he is today.

Like him or not he's the only one who really played the game.

16 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

I think anyone up against Paul would win. I think he is good for 50 and probably the AFP. Will probably go down in BB history as a best player if he actually wins grand prize..the reason evil Dickface hates him.

Just curious Lamasquerade, why? 

People can wish and wish, but, if you think someone will beat Paul in the f2, you will be sorely disappointed. Hate may change one or two votes, but it will not change enough to win. To have "hater" votes come into play, the player sitting next to Paul has to have a resume. It is possible for Josh to go on a run and make it to f2, but, he would not take Paul and Paul would not take him. So, that scenario is dead. No one else has a resume to brag on. Xmas has two wins, both given to her courtesy of Paul. I know Alex won something, but, how long ago was that. What was rememberable about anything she did other lead Jason around. No need to waste brain power on Kevin. Paul will be able to tell the jury that he not only orchestrated every eviction, he directed the whole game. The jurors may be mad, but, their choice would be between a guy with a 3-page resume and people with one or two sentences. And, one of those sentences would say I did whatever Paul told me. 

1 minute ago, joystiick said:

And, one of those sentences would say I did whatever Paul told me.

Or whatever production told me.  If Paul really does end up the "winner," it will absolutely be b/c that was the script from the start of the season, and these people in the house are simply following what production tells them to do.  There is no "reality" about it -- this will have become a full-blown drama series with low-paid amateur "actors" who are just excited to be on national television. 

29 minutes ago, carmen said:

Or whatever production told me.  If Paul really does end up the "winner," it will absolutely be b/c that was the script from the start of the season, and these people in the house are simply following what production tells them to do.  There is no "reality" about it -- this will have become a full-blown drama series with low-paid amateur "actors" who are just excited to be on national television. 

As I indicated before, I am pretty sure production orchestrated some things, but, I really doubt that production told these people to lay down and quit playing. For production value and ratings, the producers need and want drama. During this season, there were literally weeks without any drama at all, other than people going after the other players that were being targeted, and, the targeting wasn't to change votes or anything. It was just bullying. If production was directing everything, I think they would have setup a rivalry side of the house. It sure would have been more tv worthy if there would have been 2 or 3 people to turn on Paul and try and take out a couple of Paul minions. But, you had none of that. You just had a house full of sheep for like the last 5 weeks. It's been a snoozefest. 

1 hour ago, stevea11 said:

Just curious Lamasquerade, why? 

Two reasons based on two aspects. I think if they find out the real story they are all petty enough to vote against him.  The other reason is that I suspect he has been a schill for CBS and the way they manipulate and influence. I think he is there to set up other players to win. I'm sure he improved ratings for them this season.  I also think they want Kevin to win...ratings strategy to secure and most importantly keep older groups happy.  Just a theory.

1 hour ago, joystiick said:

Well good, now Alex can go to jury and explain to Raven and Jason why Raven was nominated and evicted after Alex and Jason got screwed by xmas and Josh fifteen minutes earlier.  

How will Paul spin this though? He can't play this like he is innocent. If he was with Alex he would take her off and let Josh put up Xmas. Then vote off Kevin. But I'm pretty sure he wants Alex gone. Who is left to compete in next HOH? A gimp and an old man. Unless a miracle happens Paul will win next HOH and dump Josh. Then he'll run the final comps and keep who he wants. The woman who had everything handed to her and never won a thing on her own merits or the old guy who just never won.

7 hours ago, WOC said:

How will Paul spin this though? He can't play this like he is innocent. If he was with Alex he would take her off and let Josh put up Xmas. Then vote off Kevin. But I'm pretty sure he wants Alex gone. Who is left to compete in next HOH? A gimp and an old man. Unless a miracle happens Paul will win next HOH and dump Josh. Then he'll run the final comps and keep who he wants. The woman who had everything handed to her and never won a thing on her own merits or the old guy who just never won.

The only chance Josh has to make f3 is winning veto. 

Edited by joystiick
inserted Josh

It'll be Xmas without question.  Although I would LOVE it if Paul chose Kevin over Xmas, for several reasons.  Xmas thinks she has it in the bag with Paul (which, I'm pretty sure she does).

So it would be great to see Paul give her the axe (would love to see the look on her face).  With Xmas, there is no way Paul won't win with the jury as most of the jury can't stand her.  If he were to take Kevin, it just might be a miscalculation on his part.  The jury could be very bitter, and since Kevin is so liked by most of them, I can see a shocker / upset win for Kevin.  Which would be absolutely great in a season that went bust.

The jury has no choice, really, but to vote on who they like / dislike the most of the two sitting before them, as this year there was no gamesmanship.  Who played the best game is a moot question so they will have to rely on something else.

2 minutes ago, joystiick said:

The only chance has to make f3 is winning veto. 

???

1 minute ago, carmen said:

It'll be Xmas without question.  Although I would LOVE it if Paul chose Kevin over Xmas, for several reasons.  Xmas thinks she has it in the bag with Paul (which, I'm pretty sure she does).

So it would be great to see Paul give her the axe (would love to see the look on her face).  With Xmas, there is no way Paul won't win with the jury as most of the jury can't stand her.  If he were to take Kevin, it just might be a miscalculation on his part.  The jury could be very bitter, and since Kevin is so liked by most of them, I can see a shocker / upset win for Kevin.  Which would be absolutely great in a season that went bust.

The jury has no choice, really, but to vote on who they like / dislike the most of the two sitting before them, as this year there was no gamesmanship.  Who played the best game is a moot question so they will have to rely on something else.

I agree, Xmas would be the best choice for Paul. She only won because it was given to her. The decisions she made were influenced by Paul. And most HGs probably think she shouldn't have been in the house after her injury.

And of course Paul is working overtime to make himself look good. He and Xmas have come up with a goofy plan to make Josh look bad when it comes to not using veto. I wish I had the patience to type the whole thing out, maybe someone will put it all in the LFU. Josh looks iffy on the plan, he knows it's all to Paul's benefit but he will probably go along with it.

I just can't with these dysfunctional and stupid HGs this season. Extremely mean spirited people. Contantly ugly. Cunning game play is one thing, but this season has been overtly cruel. If another season looks as bad ad this one I'm not interested, if I even bother to check it out. I would love to see a reunion that includes a Q&A from the cast, after they watch their season and hear what they have to say.

7 hours ago, WOC said:

???

I agree, Xmas would be the best choice for Paul. She only won because it was given to her. The decisions she made were influenced by Paul. And most HGs probably think she shouldn't have been in the house after her injury.

Thanks. Somehow I left out "Josh". It is fixed now.  "The only chance Josh has to make f3 is winning veto." 

3 hours ago, PAULISABUNION said:

I just can't with these dysfunctional and stupid HGs this season. Extremely mean spirited people. Contantly ugly. Cunning game play is one thing, but this season has been overtly cruel. If another season looks as bad ad this one I'm not interested, if I even bother to check it out. I would love to see a reunion that includes a Q&A from the cast, after they watch their season and hear what they have to say.

I would love to see that show also.  Really I would like to see their faces when they first read what has been said about them.  They think they are the most special HG ever.

7 hours ago, carmen said:

It doesn't matter which one Paul takes, it's going to be a 7-0 vote. If he takes Kevin, he's arguing against a guy who has absolutely nothing resume wise.  If it is xmas, it is a choice between a guy who directed the game and the woman whose only accomplishments were given to her by Paul. No matter how you slice it or how much you hate Paul, the others haven't done anything to earn a single vote. 

12 minutes ago, Newby said:

I would love to see that show also.  Really I would like to see their faces when they first read what has been said about them.  They think they are the most special HG ever.

I've never understood why BB never did a reunion show. It doesn't even need to be live. But I think the fans would appreciate a reunion show.

5 hours ago, Newby said:

It would be interesting to know they're initial reaction upon watching their season, or a blog entry within the hour of watching each episode, without much time to rationalize and justify. Some of the HGs may just shrug it all off. It's BB, we aren't seeing all of it, knowing their reaction to what's been written would be great too.

5 hours ago, joystiick said:

No matter how you slice it or how much you hate Paul, the others haven't done anything to earn a single vote. 

Herding sheep is not some massive accomplishment.  Plus, the three weeks of safety at the start insured the dynamic that was created after Cody attempted to get him out.

Once they saw the fallout of that attempt, Paul was a shoe-in.  There's nothing impressive about that, nor is there any gamesmanship in that.  Sorry, but his "winning" this season of BB

is not saying much at all, seeing as how it was given to him.  The additional bullying and fear tactics are not what I consider game playing strategies.

I feel the same way about Dick Donato.