Paul Houseguest Discussion Thread

I think I remember Kevin's episode one when they did a little clip on the new houseguests they showed Kevin on the corner and joking about hanging our with people named Cheeze. I could be wrong. Found it

There is there Kevin's whole facade as a Boston wise guy. Kevin's pre-recorded introduction package leaned heavily into a cultivated Godfather or Goodfellas aesthetic. It seems like a complete put-on to just make it on TV but it might not be entirely false. As was reported by the Boston Globe in 2006, Kevin's father, who he name-dropped as "The Big Cheese," was arrested for cocaine trafficking when he was 69. Kevin's son of a gangster (or a mobster himself) routine might seem over-the-top but there is some basis in fact. Yet as much Kevin leans into the mob persona, everything else he does conflicts with it.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I think I remember Kevin's episode one when they did a little clip on the new houseguests they showed Kevin on the corner and joking about hanging our with people named Cheeze. I could be wrong. Found it

There is there Kevin's whole facade as a Boston wise guy. Kevin's pre-recorded introduction package leaned heavily into a cultivated Godfather or Goodfellas aesthetic. It seems like a complete put-on to just make it on TV but it might not be entirely false. As was reported by the Boston Globe in 2006, Kevin's father, who he name-dropped as "The Big Cheese," was arrested for cocaine trafficking when he was 69. Kevin's son of a gangster (or a mobster himself) routine might seem over-the-top but there is some basis in fact. Yet as much Kevin leans into the mob persona, everything else he does conflicts with it.

I live in a town that used to be called 'Mafia City'.  Located between Pittsburgh & Cleveland, both at one time mafiosa cities.  The majority of citizens here had been Italians & I  have known many of that type.  Kevin's demeanor, to me, is believable.  They are very strong family types and that connection to 'the families' (mafia orgs) is strong and does carry down thru their real family/extended family. They all dress well (needless to say), adore their children, beautiful homes, well kept.  And so, to me, the way he talks, seems true to form from my experience.      

3 hours ago, Marty said:

His son's name is Andrew if that has anything to do with what he was talking about.

This must be his brother because he talked about the nickname Cheese.  http://archive.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/08/12/cocaine_dealer_69_ordered_to_spend_decade_in_prison/

Marty, Any idea what Paul's father/family does for a living?  Just curious and cant find anything on internet.  Wondering how they made all the money he says his parents have.

2 hours ago, Aldrich said:

Marty, Any idea what Paul's father/family does for a living?  Just curious and cant find anything on internet.  Wondering how they made all the money he says his parents have.

I'm not swearing under oath, but I'm pretty sure his father is Zaven.  Mother Margaret.   Somewhere I saw that he's in freight and shipping, but somewhere else it said  some engineering company.  He's probably got his hand in more than a few business interests.

Edit:  I just saw a site that said he's a civil engineer

Edit again:  So his father's name is Raffi?  

Paul, himself, has his clothing company and beard modelling thing and he had a band.  I'm sure there's more.  I'll guess that monetary temptations on BB don't tempt him.  

So I checked out Paul's band Reviver on Youtube. It was an assault on my eardrums! I know some people are down with that type of music, not me. And I like all types of music. To each his own. It sounded like an juvenile attempt at Metallica. I'm being nice. Stick to the beard modeling dude. Whatever the hell that is!

11 hours ago, Roli said:

I'm not swearing under oath, but I'm pretty sure his father is Zaven.  Mother Margaret.   Somewhere I saw that he's in freight and shipping, but somewhere else it said  some engineering company.  He's probably got his hand in more than a few business interests.

Edit:  I just saw a site that said he's a civil engineer

Edit again:  So his father's name is Raffi?  

Paul, himself, has his clothing company and beard modelling thing and he had a band.  I'm sure there's more.  I'll guess that monetary temptations on BB don't tempt him.  

Thanks for the info.  It is shocking that he comes from a seemingly normal, loving family.  And that they say he is kind, volunteers, etc., as he seems/is so cruel on the show.  And I figured his parents would be all tats & wild also.  After watching video I remember seeing it but my mind was blank as guess I totally forgot about it,  strange that when I was trying to find info on him I couldn't find anything?  Anyway, thanks for taking time to present it all.

15 minutes ago, Marty said:

I can't stomach the CBS show anymore. It is the PAUL SHOW. It is mostly all scripted to make Paul the huge mastermind.

Poo on you CBS

So agree Marty! Now we know how these idiots were picked to be on BB19 with Paul coming back in. 

8 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

I hope the script reads: Paul hoh this week.

As much as I really don't like Paul, and as much as I'm not a fan of bringing back someone from a prior season, I think I'm going to be hoping that Paul wins.  I like Ramses, but he's going home.  I guess I like Jason, but I don't see him being in final two.  But if he ends up there, it's okay with me.  

2 minutes ago, Roli said:

As much as I really don't like Paul, and as much as I'm not a fan of bringing back someone from a prior season, I think I'm going to be hoping that Paul wins.  I like Ramses, but he's going home.  I guess I like Jason, but I don't see him being in final two.  But if he ends up there, it's okay with me.  

He was as good as anyone else to bring back if they had to bring someone back. When Jason dumps Alex his chances increase. I see Kevin weasling his way in.  Hoping for a Josh blow up and dead wood put out the door and perhaps leveling out the playing field with some of the best competitors Paul, Xmas, cody and Jessica and whoever left to split the house and have a real "game on"

I can't fault him for actually playing the game while some of the other houseguests thought they were invited to summer sex camp and others expected someone else to do their dirty work to win the money.   He wouldn't be the first one to win because everyone else in the house is gullible and stupid..Dick and Derrick come to mind.

35 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

I can't fault him for actually playing the game while some of the other houseguests thought they were invited to summer sex camp and others expected someone else to do their dirty work to win the money.   He wouldn't be the first one to win because everyone else in the house is gullible and stupid..Dick and Derrick come to mind.

Completely agree.  Some came for "summer sex camp"  (Hilarious!!!).  Some only have the goal of making it to jury.  Some want exposure to further their marketability after they're out of the house.  I don't like Paul, but at least he's playing the game.  

2 hours ago, Lamasquerade said:

But at least I liked Derrick.  I can't stand Paul.

49 minutes ago, Ziggy49 said:

Well this week should be fun, but totally pointless. If josh puts up Jody and Jess uses the hex and cancels the elimination. 

I hate that Jess told Kevin about the hex but I'm glad she embellished on the amount of time it covered.

It doesn't really matter since she announced it to the house anyway. With paul as HOH he's probably going to put Jody up with Mark and Elena as backup if the hex keeps them from being nominated (we know it doesn't but he doesn't) this way if it's a one time use (we know it is, he doesn't) it's gone. 

44 minutes ago, carmen said:

Yeah, I don't see how this season being the Paul show is really any different from past seasons, such as the year it was all scripted to be the Dick Donato Show with his what's-her-face wayward daughter.  Same thing.

It isn't, but people pick someone every season and bitch that it's rigged for them. 

17 minutes ago, gishy333tx said:

Like others are saying, put up Cody and Mark. Then she will have to decide to keep the power for herself next week or use it on her "man" (cough, cough).

They don't actually know what the hex is, she's only said it allows her to keep her and Cody safe for a few weeks.