Matthew Clines BB19 Houseguest

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt is a sleeper pick for me. I get he's just in it for the experience but he's likable enough, he stays out of stuff when he should, but keeps himself close enough to the right people at the right time. If he has been downplaying his ability to win comps and turns it on at the right time, he could definitely be someone to watch. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:18 AM, music19773 said:

Matt is a sleeper pick for me. I get he's just in it for the experience but he's likable enough, he stays out of stuff when he should, but keeps himself close enough to the right people at the right time. If he has been downplaying his ability to win comps and turns it on at the right time, he could definitely be someone to watch. 

I am willing to see Matt kick up his game

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see.  After Mark leaves, is Matt next, or is his turn after Kevin?  Or will the house do a shakeup and make Jason and Alex the next ones to go??

There are so many sheeple, and I'm not sure the order that Paul wants them to leave. 

2 minutes ago, carmen said:

Let's see.  After Mark leaves, is Matt next, or is his turn after Kevin?  Or will the house do a shakeup and make Jason and Alex the next ones to go??

There are so many sheeple, and I'm not sure the order that Paul wants them to leave. 

I'm betting it depends on who is in power at the time

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is probably going home this week, but his thread is still on page 2, and I had to click to the second page of the thread list to even find it.Well actually, I had to scroll through all the pages a couple times to find it there. I think that pretty much sums up his BB existence. I won't be sad to see him go

1 hour ago, joystiick said:

And he's probably too lazy to figure how he got screwed. 

Oh he's getting screwed all right but just not the way you're saying :wub:  Whoever ends up living with this guy (probably not Raven) will likely run out of there in a matter of months.  I can just picture his house:  kitchen cupboards filled with Wheaties, or froot loops, 1 bowl, 1 spoon, 1 cup, fridge with milk.  Closet has 1 blue shirt, and the shirt he wore for his profile pic and that ghastly orange Texas shirt.  Couple baggy shorts and probably a couple of long pants (I'm sure it gets cold in Virginia in winter).  And that's it. Easy peasy life, no fuss, no muss.

20 minutes ago, omahaguy said:

Matt should be ejected from the game for blatantly and repeatedly violating the HN rules. Sent home ... no paid jury vacation for him

yes!  I don't get that - why is he not being at the very least penalized for that?  BB does have rules and he should be following them -

49 minutes ago, omahaguy said:

Matt should be ejected from the game for blatantly and repeatedly violating the HN rules. Sent home ... no paid jury vacation for him

27 minutes ago, graceomalley said:

yes!  I don't get that - why is he not being at the very least penalized for that?  BB does have rules and he should be following them -

He was assessed a penalty vote.  Because he is continuing to violate the rules, he should be expelled from the game and Jason should have to nominate a replacement nominee.  But of course since the POV comp has already been played, this really wouldn't be fair to the replacement nominee.  

So, IMO, if the HGs had any brains, what they would do is evict Raven on Thursday.  THEN Matt should get expelled.  Problem solved.  Well, except that they'd have too many weeks left in the season so they'd have to skip an eviction or shorten the season.  

3 minutes ago, Roli said:

He was assessed a penalty vote.  Because he is continuing to violate the rules, he should be expelled from the game and Jason should have to nominate a replacement nominee.  But of course since the POV comp has already been played, this really wouldn't be fair to the replacement nominee.  

So, IMO, if the HGs had any brains, what they would do is evict Raven on Thursday.  THEN Matt should get expelled.  Problem solved.  Well, except that they'd have too many weeks left in the season so they'd have to skip an eviction or shorten the season.  

A possibly better idea would be to give Matt one penalty vote for each day he eats normal food.

3 minutes ago, stevea11 said:

A possibly better idea would be to give Matt one penalty vote for each day he eats normal food.

All that penalty vote is doing is counting as an extra vote against him on Thursday.  Because the HGs are already planning to vote him out, it doesn't matter how many penalty votes he gets.  He's got nothing to lose UNLESS BB decides to expel him.  Then he would forfeit everything, including luxury time in the jury house with Raven.  

Edit:  I'll just add that if BB doesn't expel him, they'll just be setting a precedent that nobody has to follow any rules ever.  They'll look very foolish.

1 minute ago, Roli said:

All that penalty vote is doing is counting as an extra vote against him on Thursday.  Because the HGs are already planning to vote him out, it doesn't matter how many penalty votes he gets.  He's got nothing to lose UNLESS BB decides to expel him.  Then he would forfeit everything, including luxury time in the jury house with Raven.  

I see your point Roli. Expelling him probably won't happen as it would create a possible tie vote at the end. Others have broken this rule in past years and the punishment has been the same. Penalty vote. Whoopieee

1 hour ago, omahaguy said:

I agree with this. I'm not a big fan of ejecting people unless they are physically violent, but he has no regards for the rules and some kind of precedent must be set. Then they should just go on with a new comp on Thursday for HOH like he was evicted. That's my opinion at least.

Can you imagine the outrage from the other HGs if Cody had did this? But mattress does it and whatever?

2 minutes ago, stevea11 said:

I see your point Roli. Expelling him probably won't happen as it would create a possible tie vote at the end. Others have broken this rule in past years and the punishment has been the same. Penalty vote. Whoopieee

They should let America have his vote!

1 minute ago, stevea11 said:

I haven't watched since the inception of BB.  Have others flagrantly and repeatedly broken rules after being assessed a penalty vote?  

BB could probably figure out a way around the tie, if that should happen.  

I lost what little respect I had for Matt for this very childish behavior.  He signed a contract.  

3 minutes ago, Roli said:

I haven't watched since the inception of BB.  Have others flagrantly and repeatedly broken rules after being assessed a penalty vote?  

BB could probably figure out a way around the tie, if that should happen.  

I lost what little respect I had for Matt for this very childish behavior.  He signed a contract.  

"Have others flagrantly and repeatedly broken rules after being assessed a penalty vote?"

Yes, numerous times thru the years. They only way you get the boot is fighting, assaulting someone and the occasional tossing their mic pack in the hot tub. 

2 minutes ago, stevea11 said:

"Have others flagrantly and repeatedly broken rules after being assessed a penalty vote?"

Yes, numerous times thru the years. They only way you get the boot is fighting, assaulting someone and the occasional tossing their mic pack in the hot tub. 

Well, there's no point in rules then.  One would think that after all these years they'd figure out how to do things better, but then we're stupid enough to watch, so what does it matter.  :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Hikiki said:

They could annoy the entire house with telling him to sleep in HN room all night long etc. keep the entire house miserable  until he complies

How about taking food away from the whole house. No one gets anything but slop, even Raven, until he agree's to stop eating the food.