Kevin Schlehuber BB19 Houseguest

2 hours ago, joystiick said:

It should not have a negative connotation anymore. If that has a negative connotation, should we also continue to have a negative view of women who work instead of staying home and raising her kids?  

Thank you! LMAO! 1,000,000 years of human norms! I guess all the women out there making their way in the world better kick their shoes off and get their pregnant asses back in the kitchen!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

I don't really care what he does or doesn't do. I'm just pointing out that a "stay at home dad" has negative connotations. You all know it. You may disagree with it, but that doesn't change it.

And, I think it will always be like that, until babies are grown in labs and nobody has a biological sex anymore. Maybe that time will be sooner than we think, but until then, "stay at home dad" will be seen as a somewhat pathetic man.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with that connotation, I'm just pointing it out to all of you who already know it but wish to pretend you don't.

Not be argumentative, but I have never felt any negativity towards stay at home fathers. With sexual equality and all I always thought it was a good thing for those that choose that lifestyle.

3 hours ago, Canopus said:

I don't really care what he does or doesn't do. I'm just pointing out that a "stay at home dad" has negative connotations. You all know it. You may disagree with it, but that doesn't change it.

And, I think it will always be like that, until babies are grown in labs and nobody has a biological sex anymore. Maybe that time will be sooner than we think, but until then, "stay at home dad" will be seen as a somewhat pathetic man.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with that connotation, I'm just pointing it out to all of you who already know it but wish to pretend you don't.

It only remains to be negative, with some people, because people keep perpetuating it as something negative. Women who worked was viewed negatively until people made a conscious effort to quit having a closed mind and recognized that women had a right to make a living just like a man. There's a lot of stay at home dads now. My neighbor is a stay at home dad and home schools his son. His wife ironically is a nurse. I never thought twice about it and certainly didn't think he was someone to laugh at because of it. 

16 minutes ago, joystiick said:

It only remains to be negative, with some people, because people keep perpetuating it as something negative. Women who worked was viewed negatively until people made a conscious effort to quit having a closed mind and recognized that women had a right to make a living just like a man. There's a lot of stay at home dads now. My neighbor is a stay at home dad and home schools his son. His wife ironically is a nurse. I never thought twice about it and certainly didn't think he was someone to laugh at because of it. 

Perfectly said. :D

3 hours ago, WOC said:

Not be argumentative, but I have never felt any negativity towards stay at home fathers. With sexual equality and all I always thought it was a good thing for those that choose that lifestyle.

Sure. But someone asked why stay-at-home-dad was viewed negatively. I stated the obvious reason why. Everyone knows it's viewed negatively, and everyone knows why it is viewed negatively. I'm just pointing out the obvious, because everyone else is afraid to say it.  I don't agree that it should be negative, but it is, and it's not going to go away anytime soon.

BTW, sexes are not "equal". They have equal rights and opportunities, as they should. And they should take on any role they can do. But I don't agree with the SJW narrative that there are no differences between men and women, and gender is a made-up societal construct. Women and men tend to prefer different things. There is a huge overlap, but it's not equal.

I believe raising children is one of those things that more women have an interest in (and aptitude), than men. Not all women, and not all men. There's a big overlap. But the differences are there, and that is the reason why stay-at-home-dad will generally be viewed as negative for a long time.

If you don't believe me, look around at who runs daycares, and who's teaching young children in school. It's mostly women, because they have the interest and aptitude to do it. Some men do as well, but not nearly as many as women. It's normal that more women like raising children, than men. Again, not all, but it's statistically very significant. Biologically, there are child-care tasks that men just are not equipped to do at all. We have technology now that allows men to do it, but there hasn't been enough time for evolution to erase the aptitude yet.

As for "a woman's place is in the home", that's garbage. I don't believe there is a difference between men's interest in working, and women's. That is why there's no negative connotation with women that choose to work. Back in the 1950's, keeping women in the home was a societal construct, and not "normal". We've done away with those abnormal attitudes today.

If you think this sounds sexist, fine. But rather than just yell sexist, point out where in my argument I am wrong.

19 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Sure. But someone asked why stay-at-home-dad was viewed negatively. I stated the obvious reason why. Everyone knows it's viewed negatively, and everyone knows why it is viewed negatively. I'm just pointing out the obvious, because everyone else is afraid to say it.  I don't agree that it should be negative, but it is, and it's not going to go away anytime soon.

Something must be wrong with me because I didn't know everyone else viewed it negatively. I don't view it that way. Thanks for enlightening me. 

22 minutes ago, WOC said:

Something must be wrong with me because I didn't know everyone else viewed it negatively. I don't view it that way.

Nor do I, nor anyone else I've been around.  In fact, there are a number of stay at home dads that are popular in entertainment, etc. which doesn't necessarily mean it applies to real life, but it does show a cultural shift in the general population, even if some people still see it as negative.

43 minutes ago, Canopus said:

As for "a woman's place is in the home", that's garbage. I don't believe there is a difference between men's interest in working, and women's. That is why there's no negative connotation with women that choose to work. Back in the 1950's, keeping women in the home was a societal construct, and not "normal". We've done away with those abnormal attitudes today.

If you think this sounds sexist, fine. But rather than just yell sexist, point out where in my argument I am wrong.

If you believe "a woman's place is in the home" is garbage, why wouldn't you believe a mans place is at work is garbage also?

As to women being more suited for child rearing, etc, that is different from having a negative view of a man being a stay at home dad. Based on the rationale that women are more suited to raise kids and they are the majority of school teachers, I guess some people have negative views of men being teachers.  

3 hours ago, Canopus said:

BTW, sexes are not "equal". They have equal rights and opportunities, as they should. And they should take on any role they can do. But I don't agree with the SJW narrative that there are no differences between men and women, and gender is a made-up societal construct. Women and men tend to prefer different things. There is a huge overlap, but it's not equal.

I believe raising children is one of those things that more women have an interest in (and aptitude), than men. Not all women, and not all men. There's a big overlap. But the differences are there, and that is the reason why stay-at-home-dad will generally be viewed as negative for a long time.

If you don't believe me, look around at who runs daycares, and who's teaching young children in school. It's mostly women, because they have the interest and aptitude to do it. Some men do as well, but not nearly as many as women. It's normal that more women like raising children, than men. Again, not all, but it's statistically very significant. Biologically, there are child-care tasks that men just are not equipped to do at all. We have technology now that allows men to do it, but there hasn't been enough time for evolution to erase the aptitude yet.

In all sincerity I had no clue that a stay at home dad was viewed negatively. I have two male friends who raise their kids while mom make good money. My friends and I are jealous of them. 

46 minutes ago, stevea11 said:

In all sincerity I had no clue that a stay at home dad was viewed negatively. I have two male friends who raise their kids while mom make good money. My friends and I are jealous of them. 

Same. One is retired early. Another about to go retired, injured fireman, another is seasonal - so semi-retired. Retired cop. Mom's are all high earners

Later in life parents. My husband is jelly.

Hopefully Kevin's family will read this.  My heart goes out to Kevin and his beautiful family.  The way these HGs have treated Kevin is appalling.  Never before have I seen such sick mob mentality on BB but, sadly, seems this is reflection of our society presently.  

You all seem to have alot of love in your family.  How I wish that Kevin would end up in F2 and make the big bucks.  He is a fine man who loves his family and is the only one who has any compassion.  I respect Kevin and I cannot wait til this massacre is over and hope the good guy wins.

i had been very happy that he and Jason were realizing Paul's game and were like minded but Jason's disgusting rants have damaged that dream.  Hopefully whoever got this group together, handing the win to Paul, WILL GET FIRED. If not, one more season of this type and hopefully will be the last of BB.  Producing such negativity on our young people shows complete lack of respect and dignity to the audience AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TO OUR CHILDREN. Shame on BB production for this mess.  And Matt definitely should have been removed for not following the rules.  And in future, there should be penalty points for vulgarity and any suggestion of rape or any sexual acts.  Get some DIGNITY BACK CBS /BB !  You should feel some responsibility for the negative affects you are having on our children.  This season SHOWS BULLYING, LEWD REMARKS, DISREGARDING RULES  ARE ALL FINE AND TO BE REWARDED.  

At this point I hope Kevin wins too, which doesn't bode well for Kevin because I never seem to pick a winner! I always go with who I see as a nice person or underdog for the win. Make no mistake, Kevin has talked plenty of shit behind people's backs. But I don't recall him actually joining in when it came to the bullying behavior. Talking shit is part of the game. Bullying, even if some call it game play, is just wrong in my opinion.

16 hours ago, WOC said:

Something must be wrong with me because I didn't know everyone else viewed it negatively. I don't view it that way. Thanks for enlightening me. 

Then why was the question brought up?

As I already stated, I don't believe it should be viewed negatively, but it's a simple fact that it is (for many people). I think you already knew that, despite claiming otherwise.

Go to a playground and watch how people react to the sole man sitting on a bench watching the kids. "Oh, what a nice stay-at-home father" isn't often the first thought people have of him. It's sad, but still true.

1 hour ago, Aldrich said:

Hopefully Kevin's family will read this.  My heart goes out to Kevin and his beautiful family.  The way these HGs have treated Kevin is appalling.  Never before have I seen such sick mob mentality on BB but, sadly, seems this is reflection of our society presently.  

You all seem to have alot of love in your family.  How I wish that Kevin would end up in F2 and make the big bucks.  He is a fine man who loves his family and is the only one who has any compassion.  I respect Kevin and I cannot wait til this massacre is over and hope the good guy wins.

i had been very happy that he and Jason were realizing Paul's game and were like minded but Jason's disgusting rants have damaged that dream.  Hopefully whoever got this group together, handing the win to Paul, WILL GET FIRED. If not, one more season of this type and hopefully will be the last of BB.  Producing such negativity on our young people shows complete lack of respect and dignity to the audience AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TO OUR CHILDREN. Shame on BB production for this mess.  And Matt definitely should have been removed for not following the rules.  And in future, there should be penalty points for vulgarity and any suggestion of rape or any sexual acts.  Get some DIGNITY BACK CBS /BB !  You should feel some responsibility for the negative affects you are having on our children.  This season SHOWS BULLYING, LEWD REMARKS, DISREGARDING RULES  ARE ALL FINE AND TO BE REWARDED.  

But didn't they edit the vulgarity out of the CBS show? I agree that this season is low but the CBS show doesn't show how bad it is. I haven't bothered to turn on did CBS show for weeks.

4 minutes ago, Canopus said:

As I already stated, I don't believe it should be viewed negatively, but it's a simple fact that it is (for many people). I think you already knew that, despite claiming otherwise.

Go to a playground and watch how people react to the sole man sitting on a bench watching the kids. "Oh, what a nice stay-at-home father" isn't often the first thought people have of him. It's sad, but still true.

I have to agree here for the most part. Our society still holds onto a lot of gender stereotypes.We as people are trying to get past them but they still linger. You can see it in the work place quite often. Women with young children are sometimes still not considered for jobs because employers don't think she can divide her time between caring for her children and work. This has never been a factor in hiring men.

58 minutes ago, Canopus said:

I was being sarcastic. But, no, I didn't know it was viewed negatively. Seriously. May we now move along?

I feel sorry for Kevin in the house, he's ostracized, abused, humiliated, and constantly alone. He's never been anything but kind to these beasty brats. Even comforting Big Baby Josh as if he was his own son. I see him trying to reach out to these people and it's so sad the way they ignore him.

On 9/1/2017 at 3:08 AM, MizJulie said:

I hope Kevin wins!

ME TOO !!!  The poor guy is totally being shunned.  I so hate, yes HATE, those involved.  If they agree re these bullying/abusive tactics they are as guilty as Satan who orders them to do so as he slyly sits on sidelines watching with such glee.  These are weak sick people who I HOPE ARE SHUNNED WHEN THIS IS OVER. But they won't be.  We have too many like minded in our society these days.  Win Kevin win !!  AND now I wish Kevin would win AFP at least.  

The worse they treat this guy the more I want to vote for AFP on his behalf. I wasn't sure about him at first and grew to really think he had some slick moves then, I don't know what happened. Treating him poorly just breaks my heart. Vanessa did this to JMack and he was one of my favorites. What the gang did to Donny was unforgivable.

I think the family would really appreciate AFP and it would go along way to help them get past the things Jason has said. Boy, did Jason screw himself out of AFP!

On 8/31/2017 at 1:06 PM, joystiick said:

I agree, well said. My brother-in-law was a stay at home dad and home schooled his daughter. My sister, his wife, makes triple what he could so it makes sense. Anyone who could look at that as negative in anyway is ridiculous.