Cody Nickson BB19 Houseguest

2 hours ago, Roli said:

Yeah, he was no hypocrite.  I'll definitely give him props for that.

The problem for Cody was that he has blurred the concept of game and reality ...and who knows how being in a warring environment contributed to that lack of distinction?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, NYROSE said:

the one thing I really liked about Cody was him walking on the mirrored coffee table and out the door without any good byes to those people he so dislikes.

I'm with ya on that. Everyone sat silently too.

4 hours ago, NYROSE said:

The problem for Cody was that he has blurred the concept of game and reality ...and who knows how being in a warring environment contributed to that lack of distinction?

I think it's a little of both. No one can keep an act up for weeks on end. Your true self will show. Cody didn't seem to even want to try and play the game as far as acting fake to be sociable. You have to do that to get anywhere in the game. When he tried you could tell it was forced. You've heard the old saying about not suffering idiots? Cody has obviously taken that to heart and lives by it. That doesn't bode well for playing the game. 

7 hours ago, NYROSE said:

the one thing I really liked about Cody was him walking on the mirrored coffee table and out the door without any good byes to those people he so dislikes.

I might have done the same thing.  I wouldn't have wanted to have fake hugs and kisses and "I love you" coming from this bunch. 

3 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

I might have done the same thing.  I wouldn't have wanted to have fake hugs and kisses and "I love you" coming from this bunch. 

It was disgusting when they all hugged and kissed Elena out the door. 

Cody should have just made a plain and simple statement, You are all playing for Paul to win. See you all in jury house soon. Trying to lie about them talking to him about game was pointless.

4 hours ago, NYROSE said:

Blurred the concept? Maybe. But I look at it like this, some things and some actions are just part of the game, such as lying and deceiving. However, bullying is not just part the game. Bullying is personal. As part of the game, would you think it would be ok if one player disparaged your mother and your children? When I was younger, trashing each others gf/bf, spouses, parents, etc was done on a regular basis and we had a good laugh. We don't do it anymore because it is not funny and will get you hurt. Some people take things more seriously than others and when Cody said that it was not a game, I took it as him saying he didn't come for summer camp. He came to work. When he arrived, he was reporting to do a job that pays real money and he was there to earn $500,000.

I guess it is a matter of perspective. For some, it is just a game. For others, it is a job. And for others, it is a competition in which an alt-reality meets real life. Considering that Cody was a sniper, I don't think many things are a game to him. More than likely, he's deadly serious about pretty much everything.   

4 minutes ago, joystiick said:

He came to work. When he arrived, he was reporting to do a job that pays real money and he was there to earn $500,000.

I guess it is a matter of perspective. For some, it is just a game. For others, it is a job. And for others, it is a competition in which an alt-reality meets real life. Considering that Cody was a sniper, I don't think many things are a game to him. More than likely, he's deadly serious about pretty much everything.   

ITA.  For him it was a means to win some money to better his situation.  He was bashed for "leaving" his child for a whole summer to come and play this game.  It wasn't a game to him. I absolutely believed he would use whatever money he made and go visit his daughter after this clusterfuck.  Pardon my french!  I hope he wins AFP and gets that $25K or whatever. Too bad I can't vote for him.

3 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

ITA.  For him it was a means to win some money to better his situation.  He was bashed for "leaving" his child for a whole summer to come and play this game.  It wasn't a game to him. I absolutely believed he would use whatever money he made and go visit his daughter after this clusterfuck.  Pardon my french!  I hope he wins AFP and gets that $25K or whatever. Too bad I can't vote for him.

I don't have any problem with Cody coming to play a game and try to win $500,000 to improve his life. I served in the military and spent up to a year away from my family. I know plenty of folks that left their family and went on remote assignments, to training schools, special duty assignments, etc, to improve their career prospects. Oftentimes, those assignments were not required. I also know people who went to Afganistan and Iraq as civilian contractors to improve the family finances. I don't look down on those folks or question their motives. So when I see people downing Cody for coming on BB, I just chalk it up to "know it alls" that think that their life is the only acceptable way to make it through life. However, I am not going to spend my whole life trying to judge how everyone else lives theirs. 

14 hours ago, NYROSE said:

I liked that also.  Then when Elena left everyone kissed her like she was their best friend.  Made me want to puke.  And when Jason told Mark and Elena he wanted to hang out after the game he was just trying to get their vote in jury.  I would have told him (on the way out) that I never wanted to see him again.

We saw the true Cody all summer but mostly at the end. He admits that he lied before he left about Alex and then Jason. Then in a post interview, he said Paul took him aside and gave Cody a heads up about doing things for the camera. Since Cody has no skills and lost, he has decided to lie about everyone else. Like Paulie before him, Cody has severe mental issues.

1 hour ago, Vista said:

We saw the true Cody all summer but mostly at the end. He admits that he lied before he left about Alex and then Jason. Then in a post interview, he said Paul took him aside and gave Cody a heads up about doing things for the camera. Since Cody has no skills and lost, he has decided to lie about everyone else. Like Paulie before him, Cody has severe mental issues.

It's really too bad that Cody is in the jury house instead of Jessica.  She deserved to stay in the house longer.  The week that sore loser Cody was out of the house, Jessica actually showed that she could play the game.  Cody is just wasted space in the jury house.  I hope he has a miserable time there, and he probably will, considering what a hateful person he is.  

57 minutes ago, Vista said:

He lied oh no....

3 hours ago, Roli said:

It's really too bad that Cody is in the jury house instead of Jessica.  She deserved to stay in the house longer.  The week that sore loser Cody was out of the house, Jessica actually showed that she could play the game.  Cody is just wasted space in the jury house.  I hope he has a miserable time there, and he probably will, considering what a hateful person he is.  

He was more concerned with screwing his GF then playing the game. He didn't have time to lie and scheme because staying in bed all day with her was all he did.  AFP for what....longest sex romp in BB history?

21 hours ago, joystiick said:

Blurred the concept? Maybe. But I look at it like this, some things and some actions are just part of the game, such as lying and deceiving. However, bullying is not just part the game. Bullying is personal. As part of the game, would you think it would be ok if one player disparaged your mother and your children? When I was younger, trashing each others gf/bf, spouses, parents, etc was done on a regular basis and we had a good laugh. We don't do it anymore because it is not funny and will get you hurt. Some people take things more seriously than others and when Cody said that it was not a game, I took it as him saying he didn't come for summer camp. He came to work. When he arrived, he was reporting to do a job that pays real money and he was there to earn $500,000.

Nothing you say dislodges what I have said...and while I agree with you, given that all is ok in this game...that means even bullying...saying things about people personally and getting a group to egg someone on...are all strategies...and Paul uses them...his attack on Mark the fact that Jason betrayed that Mark suggested getting rid of Paul are all part of the web that Paul has created that is making him successful and it is nuts that no one sees it. Mark does, but he can not do anything because with Jason's betrayal, no one will want to allow him to make that move with them without running to Paul...at least that is the environment Paul has created and which they all agree to. We watch disbelieving that people can be so utterly stupid.

21 hours ago, joystiick said:

I don't have any problem with Cody coming to play a game and try to win $500,000 to improve his life. I served in the military and spent up to a year away from my family. I know plenty of folks that left their family and went on remote assignments, to training schools, special duty assignments, etc, to improve their career prospects. Oftentimes, those assignments were not required. I also know people who went to Afganistan and Iraq as civilian contractors to improve the family finances. I don't look down on those folks or question their motives. So when I see people downing Cody for coming on BB, I just chalk it up to "know it alls" that think that their life is the only acceptable way to make it through life. However, I am not going to spend my whole life trying to judge how everyone else lives theirs. 

Bravo !!  Love your comments.  And I agree with it all.  So sick of people critiquing Cody's every move or facial expression.  And I am thankful that you explain what serving our country really means.  Away from families, missing so much, holidays, birthdays, babies first steps.  But those who serve this nation make the commitment and stick to it.  And ALL deserve our respect and gratitude.  Thanks for all your sacrifices.  Our nation would not be without you all.

27 minutes ago, NYROSE said:

Nothing you say dislodges what I have said...and while I agree with you, given that all is ok in this game...that means even bullying...saying things about people personally and getting a group to egg someone on...are all strategies...and Paul uses them...his attack on Mark the fact that Jason betrayed that Mark suggested getting rid of Paul are all part of the web that Paul has created that is making him successful and it is nuts that no one sees it. Mark does, but he can not do anything because with Jason's betrayal, no one will want to allow him to make that move with them without running to Paul...at least that is the environment Paul has created and which they all agree to. We watch disbelieving that people can be so utterly stupid.

I wasn't trying to dislodge what you said. I was just offering a different perspective. Bullying, lying, stabbing people in the back, it is all part of that game and may be the right strategy for some people. But what I am saying is that there is a whole lot of real life taking place in the game and game strategies often have an impact on "real life" feelings. Where game ends and real life begins can be murky and completely different for different people. For some, the whole thing may be about playing a silly game, but, for others, the "game" may be as serious as taking a second job so they can afford braces for their kid. 

As to Paul, he's playing a great game that is taylored to the people in the game. I can't fault him for taking advantage of all the advantages that BB gave him. However, I can't pat him on the back for being a great player. He's been given too many advantages for that. Basically, I would make this comparison...there are a lot of great college football players. But, when they move up and play against the pro's, they are just average and many are below average. But, if they went back to play college, they would be even greater than before. That is the way I see Paul. He's a pro that got a chance to go back and play against college players. So, he looks a lot greater than what he is. 

4 minutes ago, joystiick said:

I wasn't trying to dislodge what you said. I was just offering a different perspective. Bullying, lying, stabbing people in the back, it is all part of that game and may be the right strategy for some people. But what I am saying is that there is a whole lot of real life taking place in the game and game strategies often have an impact on "real life" feelings. Where game ends and real life begins can be murky and completely different for different people. For some, the whole thing may be about playing a silly game, but, for others, the "game" may be as serious as taking a second job so they can afford braces for their kid. 

As to Paul, he's playing a great game that is taylored to the people in the game. I can't fault him for taking advantage of all the advantages that BB gave him. However, I can't pat him on the back for being a great player. He's been given too many advantages for that. Basically, I would make this comparison...there are a lot of great college football players. But, when they move up and play against the pro's, they are just average and many are below average. But, if they went back to play college, they would be even greater than before. That is the way I see Paul. He's a pro that got a chance to go back and play against college players. So, he looks a lot greater than what he is. 

when you say it gets murky...you are saying that it is not only Cody who has that problem that I pointed to...I guess his particular way of being murky was individualized to him...to what we felt was a difference in him from most others even over the course of the game through the years...so we essentially agree and what you say about Paul is perfection.

• 3 weeks later...

Geez, guys. Just now reading through this. I'd hate for some internet psychologists to analyze you all based on your posts.

And what's up with the condescension about Cody's military service - automatically making the jump to mental instability? You think all vets who won't play along with immature kids' cult games, have PTSD? That is minimizing all vets who return from deployment.

I think when all is done, some of you will be surprised with the real Cody. In between the Paul Show edits, I saw glimpses of it. No, he didn't tolerate immaturity. That was his downfall in the house and why he may be better suited for Survivor or The AR. 

I think the guy is smart, loyal, and a top class competitor. I think he can't play the fake game though. Getting with Jessica was a good move. She could soften his edges. Unfortunately, when he showed his hand at taking out Paul, he was done. CBS did him wrong by stacking the Paul deck with that 3-week safety. Paul effectively turned the entire house against him and the show editors played their role as well.