morty

Christmas Abbott BB19 Houseguest Thread

10 minutes ago, Slider13 said:

I was sorry to see her get hurt and hope it doesn't result in her being medically removed from the game because of surgery. Endurance comps are going to be impossible for her now...

They need to make the comps less dangerous ...

I didn't care for Frankie doing that either - I am sorry that she was hurt not just for BB but for her own career - hopefully she will fully recover and for now at least, not overdo and possibly make her injury worse -

Christmas has been out of the house for her MRI appointment for about 6 hours now.......

tick tock

Christmas is back. She has a new cast and she has 2 broken bones in her foot. Production is letting her play and they will decide what comps she can play for.

She is in full blown game talk 5 minutes after she got back in the house.

well Marty, I think that is a good sign that she is not giving up despite her injury and the fact that it will possibly cause the sharks to smell blood and come at her.

If you have a pack of hungry animals roaming around and one of them gets hurt there's no more guessing as to what's for dinner tonight.

Christmas is having surgery on Monday. She said she will have pins in for 4 months and recovery will be 6 months. 

She will ill be staying in the game. 

Somehow i think Big Brother is giving her a lot of latitude to make sure they don't lose her. 

Of the two I was happy to see Xmas stay. I was especially glad since that was Cody's choice deferred

Christmas won the temptation. She also got to pick 3 veto toads. Jessica, Cody and Jason. 

Welcome me to the Paul and Christmas show. 

This brings up a question for me regarding Christmas.  Do you think that she will have to pay the medical bills for her surgery and medical visits or do you think it will be covered by CBS's insurance.

I find it waaaaay too coincidental that Paul won Safety for 3 weeks... and,  Xmas happens to be able to make sure 3 of her biggest threats can't play in the Veto Comp ! !

Stuff like this makes me want to turn this Damm show off..... but I don't :unsure:

2 hours ago, Slowpoke said:

I find it waaaaay too coincidental that Paul won Safety for 3 weeks... and,  Xmas happens to be able to make sure 3 of her biggest threats can't play in the Veto Comp ! !

Stuff like this makes me want to turn this Damm show off..... but I don't :unsure:

I hear ya. 

9 hours ago, Drummer1 said:

This brings up a question for me regarding Christmas.  Do you think that she will have to pay the medical bills for her surgery and medical visits or do you think it will be covered by CBS's insurance.

CBS will be paying the bills. It is basically the same as if you slipped and broke your leg at work. The employer is on the hook for those medical bills. 

6 hours ago, Slowpoke said:

I think the producers definitely knew Paul would win the first temptation and get the 3 weeks safety. But I don't think Xmas temptation is a setup because it doesn't make for the best show drama long term. Sure it might get a pop for one show, but, I believe if they wanted to set something up, they would be finding a way for Cody and his girl to stay. Long term, they would love a battle/drama between Paul/Xmas vs Cody/Jess.

6 hours ago, Slowpoke said:

Your last sentence also speaks for me & probably many others.  But having to watch Paul's antics again this year makes me cringe. How long til he blows up in people's faces if he begins losing control.  Really the cursing from most of them is sad.  It is a sign of weakness. 

Just now, joystiick said:

I think the producers definitely knew Paul would win the first temptation and get the 3 weeks safety. But I don't think Xmas temptation is a setup because it doesn't make for the best show drama long term. Sure it might get a pop for one show, but, I believe if they wanted to set something up, they would be finding a way for Cody and his girl to stay. Long term, they would love a battle/drama between Paul/Xmas vs Cody/Jess.

Christmas had over a million followers on social media and a huge fan base built in before the show. Production loves the Paul/Christmas ruler-ship

9 hours ago, Drummer1 said:

Dont they sign a waiver or something re that sort of thing? 

4 minutes ago, Marty said:

Christmas had over a million followers on social media and a huge fan base built in before the show. Production loves the Paul/Christmas ruler-ship

When they put people in the house that has a social media following like that, it basically kills any opportunity for the guy off the street to come in and have a fair competition.  

42 minutes ago, joystiick said:

When they put people in the house that has a social media following like that, it basically kills any opportunity for the guy off the street to come in and have a fair competition.  

Not really, I just means Paul wins the first vote and Christmas wins the 2nd. They can't win again. There will be more temptations. 

2 hours ago, Ziggy49 said:

Not really, I just means Paul wins the first vote and Christmas wins the 2nd. They can't win again. There will be more temptations. 

... True....

16 hours ago, Drummer1 said:

i would think def paid by the network

Production doesn't want to lose Christmas. She is a big celebrity and they love the Paul and Christmas. (personally I hate it because I am not seeing ANY game play from anyone else except Cody. Anyone that crosses Paul and Christmas is on the evict list that they have.

Anyway back to Christmas Tree. CBS is responsible to pay her medical bills. Christmas health insurance will throw it to CBS. It seems that CBS is gambling with $$ for possible more injuries to their star player and letting her stay in the game. If it was Ramses or Dominique they would be out of the game. JMO

Nothing new with bb playing favorites or manipulating the game. I guess it's just more noticeable to some when it's not their favorite player that benefits from it. 

20 hours ago, Ziggy49 said:

That's only for this year and only for these temptations, but, the audience participation votes have been going on for years and will continue. And, there's nothing stopping CBS from introducing some other competition this year that involves viewer participation and voting. They have done it in the past. Do you think Cody would be in the position he is in now if it wasn't for viewer participation? Even though Paul and Xmas can not win any other temptations, the advantages they received these first two weeks will have a profound effect on the direction of the game. 

15 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Even though Paul and Xmas can not win any other temptations, the advantages they received these first two weeks will have a profound effect on the direction of the game. 

You are right. It comes down to the other HG's believing that viewers like Paul and Christmas so they will change how they interact with them. Cody said to Jess that the viewers must hate him because he went after Paul and Christmas.