German 'Big Brother' House will be Entire Village!

Guest Shockalot

Guest Shockalot

This time the 'House' will be an entire village, including expecting parents and all sorts of people and it will be rigged with 24/7 cams all over the village!

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/ar...ther_indefinite

Im not saying BBUSA needs to copy this specific idea at all or even just copy idea from other BB's but I really wonder if its time the producers spent less time on PBJ Passes and finding emotionally screwed models and actresses and more time looking 'outside the box' for new formulas and entire new concepts for the House.

Just taking a bit of a flight from the German idea.. what if the House had a secret tunnel that led to a backroom of a studio somewhere on the lot?

Trick the guests into thinking they have escaped the cameras or have gotten away with leaving somehow?

What if they thought they could sneak up onto the roof?

All Im saying is that there are some awesome ideas in the German BB as well as many others and maybe its time to look at the environment and premise MORESO than secret partners, secrets exs, secret siblings.

Anyone else signing up for the German Village feeds.. I know I will!

This time the 'House' will be an entire village, including expecting parents and all sorts of people and it will be rigged with 24/7 cams all over the village!

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/ar...ther_indefinite

Im not saying BBUSA needs to copy this specific idea at all or even just copy idea from other BB's but I really wonder if its time the producers spent less time on PBJ Passes and finding emotionally screwed models and actresses and more time looking 'outside the box' for new formulas and entire new concepts for the House.

Just taking a bit of a flight from the German idea.. what if the House had a secret tunnel that led to a backroom of a studio somewhere on the lot?

Trick the guests into thinking they have escaped the cameras or have gotten away with leaving somehow?

What if they thought they could sneak up onto the roof?

All Im saying is that there are some awesome ideas in the German BB as well as many others and maybe its time to look at the environment and premise MORESO than secret partners, secrets exs, secret siblings.

Anyone else signing up for the German Village feeds.. I know I will!

You haven't said anything new. Most people on this board have said that the show needs to be revamped and the producers should think about trying something new other than lame twists.

What's the matter Shock, are you running out of stuff to post. Can't think on your own anymore. Do you need to recylcle other posters thoughts from two months ago.

Ha ha ha hahhaha

Guest Shockalot
You haven't said anything new. Most people on this board have said that the show needs to be revamped and the producers should think about trying something new other than lame twists.

What's the matter Shock, are you running out of stuff to post. Can't think on your own anymore. Do you need to recylcle other posters thoughts from two months ago.

Ha ha ha hahhaha

The only thing redundant was you writing YET ANOTHER flame at me and adding nothing to the Topic.

Are you honestly so stupid that the only thing you understand is "Dhooo this is a topic saying something about new ideas for BB duggggghhh"

Idiot

Look, if someone posted the news and link about the German 'BB Village' (and damm interesting story) then I didnt see it.

As well I had a few ideas that you never saw before.

So in conclusion

YOU come up with something new like I JUST DID or STFU.

Honestly.. you are the smallest poster here and that is really saying something Ginger.

The only thing redundant was you writing YET ANOTHER flame at me and adding nothing to the Topic.

Are you honestly so stupid that the only thing you understand is "Dhooo this is a topic saying something about new ideas for BB duggggghhh"

Idiot

Look, if someone posted the news and link about the German 'BB Village' (and damm interesting story) then I didnt see it.

As well I had a few ideas that you never saw before.

So in conclusion

Honestly.. you are the smallest poster here and that is really saying something Ginger.

First, on topic. I agree that BB needs to come up with some new twists. In fact, I liked phat daddy's idea of opening up POV to everyone - that should add to the scheming.

Now, slightly 'off topic.' Shocky, in a discussion forum other people have the RIGHT to post in opposition to you, which is all ginger did. You replied by AGAIN beating another person down, insulting them, calling them stupid and telling them to 'STFU.'

And I'm the bad guy - sheesh!

Sorry for going off topic people, just wanted to point out the hypocrisy here. B)

Guest Shockalot

It not a Topic only suggesting BB needs new ideas.

Its a Topic suggesting BBUSA should be encouraged to look outside at the dozens of other BB's for some inspiration.

An example was given.

I even threw in a few 'what-ifs' inspired by the German idea.

Now what would be interesting is if some forum members were watching or getting updates on other BB's across the world and posted similar suggestions.

Between ten or twenty of us we could probably find some great new ideas for BBUSA.

So in conclusion

You are hostile. You just can't stand it if someone does not agree with you. Well, here's a new thought for you Shucky....not everyone agrees with you and most can't stand you and your posts.

I did not flame you...i was stating my opinion. Of course, your post in true hypocrite fashion, called me stupid and told me to STFU, right.

I don't believe I am the smallest poster here. I have said many credible things without bringing sex, religion, politics and insults to other people into it --unlike your posts. You talk just for the sake of hearing yourself talk and love to pass yourself off as an intellectual, but in reality you are nothing but a verbal bully with a dictionary and thesaurus at your side. It is a known fact that when people start posting things that you don't agree with or you feel you are taken out of the spotlight; you and your cronies will always come in and start arguments and then poof, the thread disappears.

Why don't you try stepping off the high horse of yours one day because you are just wasting your time trying to get others to believe that you have something of value to say and they don't.

First, on topic. I agree that BB needs to come up with some new twists. In fact, I liked phat daddy's idea of opening up POV to everyone - that should add to the scheming.

Now, slightly 'off topic.' Shocky, in a discussion forum other people have the RIGHT to post in opposition to you, which is all ginger did. You replied by AGAIN beating another person down, insulting them, calling them stupid and telling them to 'STFU.'

And I'm the bad guy - sheesh!

Sorry for going off topic people, just wanted to point out the hypocrisy here. B)

Well, yes everybody does have a right to post in opposition to any other poster, but again this debate centers around the concept of posting on topic with new and useful information. Shockalot did that. Ginger did not - she attacked him personally.

Also you did not, you merely recycled an idea of another poster. Ironically you're guilty of the very thing Ginger just accused Shockalot of doing and then you go on to talk about hypocrisy?!? Hello! :blink:

And I never said you were a bad guy. I just pointed out that you never actually post any new knowledge, ideas, or insight. You just seem to be interested in patting yourself on the back by pointing out how much better you are than Shockalot. Which is a completely valid goal - to each his own. I just don't see how that makes you much of anything 'good' or worthy of 'knight' status.

Guest Shockalot

crappysucks is the guy at the club who thinks if he beats up your boyfriend then you will go home with him, after all he was the winner?

Back on Topic here..

I think some of us know that BBUSA (post BB1) changed the eviction process so that the other houseguests evict rather than the public.

Some good reasons for his because often what happens is the North American public quickly eliminates the controversial and sneaky players and rides the 'nice guys' to the end = boring final four.

Buutttt...

The there is a problem in changing the evictions because what happens is that each game in BBUSA starts with a Majority Alliance forming.. then the 'Outsiders' form an alliance and the next thing you know it pretty much becomes predictable.

Then you end up with a BB6 in this case.

The other thing BBUSA might want to start looking at:

"I'd advise the American producers to take a leaf out of the books of their international counterparts, and to always be one step ahead of the Housemates," he stated. "Instead of using the Housemates as the main characters in the show, consider bringing Big Brother's character to the forefront of the show, and bring out Big Brother's mischievous side because at the end of the day, if anyone can get away with confusing, deceiving and tricking the housemates

Well, yes everybody does have a right to post in opposition to any other poster, but again this debate centers around the concept of posting on topic with new and useful information. Shockalot did that. Ginger did not - she attacked him personally.

Also you did not, you merely recycled an idea of another poster. Ironically you're guilty of the very thing Ginger just accused Shockalot of doing and then you go on to talk about hypocrisy?!? Hello! :blink:

And I never said you were a bad guy. I just pointed out that you never actually post any new knowledge, ideas, or insight. You just seem to be interested in patting yourself on the back by pointing out how much better you are than Shockalot. Which is a completely valid goal - to each his own. I just don't see how that makes you much of anything 'good' or worthy of 'knight' status.

Why don't you leave me out of your posts Sam. Why don't you take your own advice from months ago....if you don't like something ignore it.

Hey shockie - another "hypothetical" question for you: If you were in a German Big Brother house and you were nominated, would you stay on the block, take your chances, play the game and try to win POV......................or would you........................GIVE YOUR DOR???

What would you do? QUITTERBOY?

Guest Shockalot
Hey shockie - another "hypothetical" question for you: If you were in a German Big Brother house and you were nominated, would you stay on the block, take your chances, play the game and try to win POV......................or would you........................GIVE YOUR DOR???

What would you do? QUITTERBOY?

No I would not.

Not if the hypothetical game had been corrupted from the beginning.

Example: If most of the players found out who each others Secret Partners, Twins, Ex-factors were before it even started.

And

Other players wrongly suspected Shapiro (German Big Brother) was deliberately intending to 'fix the game' for some of his friends who he planted in the house - true or not the game is now irrepairable.

At the very least its missing a whole lot of what makes the game worthwhile in the first place IF you are into good fair sportsmanship like I am.

This is easy to understand when you realise that - Im interested in good fair sportsmanship.

In other words - there is no 'gain' or 'honour' in winning a flawed or unbalanced game.

There is no reason to stay and win PoV or Campaign when it would all be a hollow victory anyway.

I can mayyyyybe see doing a whole year if you knew everything was an 'even playing field' and all were at same advantage and motivations. maybe because a year is a lot more than you expect.

But

To try and devote a tremendous amount of time in a game which was essentially gone wrong before it even took off?

So I win PoV or Get PoV'ed or win enough votes (chances are good sure) but who cares?

Win what?

Its a meaningless 'win'.

So my question to you - would YOU be interested in staying in GermanBB, winning PoV or Safety for another week when 1/3 of the guests quit, you knew all the secret partners and twists, others insist the game is rigged in my favour?

Never mind whether your 'Twist' was prematurely revealed but when you know full well what the others are doing or will obviously be forced to do anyways?

If a third of the contestants left right away or throughout for the very same reasons?

If you say yes then this only proves what a immoral unethical poorsport you must really be.

I think you already proved what a hypothetical poorsport you are anyways.

One thing I think would be interesting would be to see more contests like the one in BB2 where the contestant that sat in the SUV the longest won it.

The intriguing part is that it was held at the very first night when all those crucial first partnerships and alliances are made.

So the contestant has a whole sociological dilema going on because the longer they stay - the more is developing without them.

But if they stay long enough they might win big.

I guess what Im suggesting is more scenarios and bribes, endurance tests etc that effect the situation in the house - not just for one person to win one particular prize or comp that day.

Seclusion areas?

Maybe a guest or two must win or lose some situation where they are separated from their alliances.

The 'mandatory' bedroom assignments were probably the best ideas Ive heard from people here.

I hope BB looks into that one!

No I would not.

Not if the hypothetical game had been corrupted from the beginning.

Example: If most of the players found out who each others Secret Partners, Twins, Ex-factors were before it even started.

And

Other players wrongly suspected Shapiro (German Big Brother) was deliberately intending to 'fix the game' for some of his friends who he planted in the house - true or not the game is now irrepairable.

At the very least its missing a whole lot of what makes the game worthwhile in the first place IF you are into good fair sportsmanship like I am.

This is easy to understand when you realise that - Im interested in good fair sportsmanship.

In other words - there is no 'gain' or 'honour' in winning a flawed or unbalanced game.

There is no reason to stay and win PoV or Campaign when it would all be a hollow victory anyway.

I can mayyyyybe see doing a whole year if you knew everything was an 'even playing field' and all were at same advantage and motivations. maybe because a year is a lot more than you expect.

But

To try and devote a tremendous amount of time in a game which was essentially gone wrong before it even took off?

So I win PoV or Get PoV'ed or win enough votes (chances are good sure) but who cares?

Win what?

Its a meaningless 'win'.

So my question to you - would YOU be interested in staying in GermanBB, winning PoV or Safety for another week when 1/3 of the guests quit, you knew all the secret partners and twists, others insist the game is rigged in my favour?

Never mind whether your 'Twist' was prematurely revealed but when you know full well what the others are doing or will obviously be forced to do anyways?

If a third of the contestants left right away or throughout for the very same reasons?

If you say yes then this only proves what a immoral unethical poorsport you must really be.

I think you already proved what a hypothetical poorsport you are anyways.

One thing I think would be interesting would be to see more contests like the one in BB2 where the contestant that sat in the SUV the longest won it.

The intriguing part is that it was held at the very first night when all those crucial first partnerships and alliances are made.

So the contestant has a whole sociological dilema going on because the longer they stay - the more is developing without them.

But if they stay long enough they might win big.

I guess what Im suggesting is more scenarios and bribes, endurance tests etc that effect the situation in the house - not just for one person to win one particular prize or comp that day.

Seclusion areas?

Maybe a guest or two must win or lose some situation where they are separated from their alliances.

The 'mandatory' bedroom assignments were probably the best ideas Ive heard from people here.

I hope BB looks into that one!

**BUZZ** Wrong answer! and **YAWN** - too long!

You DID give your DOR you little crybaby, QUITTERBOY, didn't you? Yes, you did. You knew what the situation was going into the house, but you still signed up! And the playing field was even, shockie - you just didn't make good choices! And you didn't run crying out until you were nominated.........................did you??? Hmmmm????

**BUZZ** Wrong answer! and **YAWN** - too long!

You DID give your DOR you little crybaby, QUITTERBOY, didn't you? Yes, you did. You knew what the situation was going into the house, but you still signed up! And the playing field was even, shockie - you just didn't make good choices! And you didn't run crying out until you were nominated.........................did you??? Hmmmm????

i heard that he sucked his thumb and stomped out of the game... all because he was nominated!!! never said anything bout it not being fair.. until he was nominated.. LOLOL and nobody knew it was HIM until he threw his hissy fit and gave his DOR!

i heard that he sucked his thumb and stomped out of the game... all because he was nominated!!! never said anything bout it not being fair.. until he was nominated.. LOLOL and nobody knew it was HIM until he threw his hissy fit and gave his DOR!

You heard right! Except that he wasn't too smart about hiding, lol! ;)

Just to let you guys know, this has being going on in Germany for a while now, I was there in July and it had already been running, my cousin and his girlfriend were into it, said it was pretty interesting, but just wanted to let you know this is not new, and is already in progress (the date on the article at the link Shock gave was Oct. 25, 2004)!

Ginger accused Shock of doing something and then someone totally different comes in and does the same thing Shock did and that's what you consider it hypocrisy?!? Hello!

Well, this series has been running since March, and is planned to run continuously forever (or until it's axed, in other words). As one British programme put it, if a houseguest is popular, they remain there "until they die!"

The basic concept of Big Brother: The Village though is a twist on Big Brother: The Battle - a twist most European versions introduced in around their third season.

Basically the house is divided into two - rich and poor. Each week houseguests compete in The Battle, to determine who lives where. For half the houseguests it's comfortable beds, luxury bathrooms, modern kitchens and luxuries such as pools and hot tubs - plus a whole load of groceries and a few treats as well.

For those on the poor side - well, not so luxurious. Basic beds, only essential furniture and no bathroom or kitchen. All cooking is done on an outdoor stove, showers are taken outside and the toilet is located at the bottom of the garden! There also on basic rations such as rice and lentils, with only a limited supply of essential clothing!

So forget moaning about PB&J, if BBUSA adapted elements of Big Brother: The Battle, some of the houseguests would be dreaming of PB&J sandwiches!

What Big Brother USA needs next year is changes to the format. The big twists in the last three years have bascially related to the contestants (ex's, twins, secret couples) - and the actual format has kind of been forgotten.

Guest Shockalot

The German idea is fascinating to me but I dont know if I can follow anything for more than a year without seeing some conclusion.

Whats grabs my attention is dividing people into economic castes and creating a sort of 'artifical' microcosm of what really does seem to drive the world - the quest for status based on aquiring wealth and privilages.

The crazy thing is when the Reality Show becomes so realistic... i mean, really realisitic that it just becomes life itself anyway.

Even still I would definately be interested in watching this and hopefully it becomes some sort of a mirror held up to the public watching it.

Archived