Sign in to follow this  
nebartist

Best Prize Ever!

The free gas for life has got to be the best prize ever!! A trip lasts what 2 weeks? The gas is for life!!

I am sure there are probably restrictions but heck still the best prize ever :)

The free gas for life has got to be the best prize ever!! A trip lasts what 2 weeks? The gas is for life!!

I am sure there are probably restrictions but heck still the best prize ever :)

That is exactly what my wife and I was saying. Especially with the price of gas. I thought at first they were getting a car but this is so much better.

I agree it's a cool prize but too bad it's Arco gas which I never put in my car. Probably the restriction when they say "for life" they probably mean for the life of a certain car you desiginate which could be a good 10 plus years of free gas.Not too shabby especially if you have a long commute.

This sounds like a really expensive prize . . .

$20 a week for 50 weeks (for 4 people) for 20+3x40 years = that's a $120,000 prize (more if prices go up!)

WOWIE WOW WOW!!!!!

Go Wally!

I agree it's a cool prize but too bad it's Arco gas which I never put in my car. Probably the restriction when they say "for life" they probably mean for the life of a certain car you desiginate which could be a good 10 plus years of free gas.Not too shabby especially if you have a long commute.

It's a great prize but what happens if the gas stations are sold to a different company in the future? Will they still honor the prize? I think way gas prices are these days it's like wining gold!

It said the four of them for life, nothing about a certain car because really who has one car for life?

I think that's awesome. I would love that prize :) Especially cuz gas is even more over here.

Not to get off track or anything...but I have gas for life and people I know wouldn't consider it the best prize ever :huh:

It was awarded to all licensed drivers insinuating that perhaps not all of them are licensed. Nevertheless I too think it's a great prize. Jokes aside. That was about the only good thing on last night's show.

Not to get off track or anything...but I have gas for life and people I know wouldn't consider it the best prize ever

Ok can I ask where you live? I live in Ontario and the gas prices here are absolutley crazy, so free gas for life is an amazing prize, especially when you drive alot every darn day lol! Just curious maybe where you are the prices are not as bad, but here they are terrible! :blink:

Ok can I ask where you live? I live in Ontario and the gas prices here are absolutley crazy, so free gas for life is an amazing prize, especially when you drive alot every darn day lol! Just curious maybe where you are the prices are not as bad, but here they are terrible! :blink:

Hehe, I don't think Blah meant the kind of gas that goes in the car!! Lol!!

I live in Ontario and yeah, those prices just keep getting worse and worse every day, but yeah, i don't think they meant gasoline lol

That is exactly what my wife and I was saying. Especially with the price of gas. I thought at first they were getting a car but this is so much better.

YES, I think gas for life would be a better gift than a car. :rolleyes:

I would have loved to have received this PRIZE! It is by far the best prize they have given out (except of course, the 1st place finishing prize). I put in my gas tank almost $75 a week and no, I am not driving a big gas guzzler. Just a lot of Mom I have soccer, I have swimming, I have gymnastics.....

I couldn't hear the rest of the show because my dear loved one kept commenting on the prize - Gas for Live, Gas for Live.

yeah, I could live with that!

I think this prize was one of the best.

They probably do have a limit too. They probably get so many dollars worth per year based on an average. They probably have to register a car as well or what would prevent them from driving in friends cars and saying filler up!

Still a cool prize and with prices hovering around $3.00 USD here in florida it would be a great prize to have won!

I thought it was BP that gave the prize not Arco but again i could be wrong. BP is one of the sponsers.

:blink:

BP and ARCO are one in the same. If you look at the Arco pump, you will see a BP logo on it. AHHHH big business. Don't you just love it!!!

BP and ARCO are one in the same. If you look at the Arco pump, you will see a BP logo on it. AHHHH big business. Don't you just love it!!!

i didnt realize that! Here in FL all the Amoco stations are now BP. Never realized they are all the same.

I think this prize was one of the best.

They probably do have a limit too. They probably get so many dollars worth per year based on an average. They probably have to register a car as well or what would prevent them from driving in friends cars and saying filler up!

Still a cool prize and with prices hovering around $3.00 USD here in florida it would be a great prize to have won!

I thought it was BP that gave the prize not Arco but again i could be wrong. BP is one of the sponsers.

:blink:

That's not bad, I was talking to a friend from the states and we figured out that converted, here in Ontario, we're paying over $4

That's not bad, I was talking to a friend from the states and we figured out that converted, here in Ontario, we're paying over $4

Gas-watching has become a full time hobby of most lower to upper middle class folk in Canada...

tvguide-logo.gif

Is 'gas for life' too good to be true?

An 'Amazing' Prize

by Ilene Rudolph

Bransen2.jpg

The Bransen Family won the third leg of the 'Race' and

received 'gas for life.' The lucky drivers are: Lindsay, 20,

Walter, 51, Elizabeth, 25 and Lauren, 22.

With gasoline currently hovering around $3 a gallon, the Bransen family must've been pumped when they found out their reward for winning "The Amazing Race's" third leg was gas for life at any BP or Arco station. (The chains are sponsors of this season's 'Race.')

But it turns out the free supply of unleaded isn't unlimited. The Chicago-area foursome's prize is actually $1,200 a year each on gas cards--for 50 years. For the three sisters and their dad, that adds up to $240,000. If you ask us, that's pretty 'Amazing.'

Even with all the limitations on the gas prize, I still say it's a pretty terrific prize. The father is already 51 and more than likely won't be driving at 101 so as long as he doesn't go over his $1,200 per year gas allowance, he won't be buying any gasoline soon. Even the youngest driver is 20 which means her gasoline allowance doesn't run out until age 70. If they want to give me the same prize deal, I'll be glad to take it and do the happy gas guzzler dance.