Howie's breast cancer awareness charity

Well, the American Cancer Society WAS approached first by myself and thought it was both funny in its context of Howie's character from BB6, and were humbled by the gesture quite frankly.

ANY help they can get raising money for breast cancer research is welcome by them and in truth, this was a loving, serious sentiment by Howie and myself who designed the Ts for him.

This was not done in bad taste, although some may think so. This was done as I said from Howie's heart as he is aware that this month is breast cancer awareness month.

Furthermore, the American Cancer Society IS going to add the section of our store to their merchandise contributor's links section which I will post here when it is done.

On a personal note, I had a breast cancer scare this month myself and am only 31 with 2 small children under 6. Last week I went through the mammogram/ultrasound, VERY upset that I too could be a victim of this disease.... and I haven't received the results back yet so could well be..... That said, it was I who designed the merchandise under contract for Howie and personally could only see the *GOOD* that this would accomplish.

Purchases from American customers go to the American Cancer Society's breast cancer research fund....

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/GI/gi_2.asp

Purchases from Canadian customers go to the Canadian equivalent....

http://www.cancer.ca/ccs/internet/frontdoor/0,,3225,00.html

At this time we unfortunately cannot send proceeds overseas to other foundations.

Catherine.

Okay, since you are personally involved in this may I ask that yoy keep us informed of the actual monies raised and donated to cancer research. I think it's only fair that since you started this thread there is a certain obligation on your part to convince the skeptics(and those who think it is tacky and inappropiate-like myself) that this will all turn into a worthy cause.

Also, i would like to know who is making the shirts,who is paying for them, where they are made (what country) and if it is 100% of the proceeds getting donated. Thanks in advance for your replies.

That is a personal site.... I don't think Howie has anything to do woith it...

I couldn't find on the site where they said the proceeds would go to breast cancer research.... anybody actually see it?

I called the number and asked about the shirts and the person I spoke to said that all of Howies t's and merchandise will go to support Breast Cancer Research. Not sure about how much or which research...

The shirts are going to sell anyway. Why not put the money to good use? Oh well I understand what you all are saying about being tacky and crass. I just feel that anything that brings more awareness to any cause is good. What about the TRUTH commercials about smoking...People thought those were to BOLD and SHOCKING, etc. But those commercials got the point across. They helped me quit. The one with the lady talking through a voice machine thingy....I stopped shortly after that.

Not disagreeing with anyone of you...just showing my experiences with issues. :D

Congrats! I quit, too - 7 months ago................feels great!!! :D

Reality TV Chicks have the contractual license to market both Howie Gordon and James Rhine from BB6, James just signed on this week and we have 4 other contracts in the works at this moment. I have been on the phone and working with Howie on the Ts for a couple weeks now and he is truly a pleasure to work with.

Howie gave me 3 shout outs on Fishbowl using my name Catherine if you want to check, and mentioned the Ts also and that the proceeds would go to Breast Cancer Research.

If you go to www.howiegordon.com, Howie's website, he has a link on page one to our store for all the Ts, including his *raffle* regular autographed Ts where purchases are entered to win a phone call with Howie.

Not sure what more verification you would need, but I am sure if you want to ask at www.howiegordon.com that the moderators will confirm these details.

Catherine.

http://www.myspace.com/catherinevanzyl

Reality TV Chicks have the contractual license to market both Howie Gordon and James Rhine from BB6, James just signed on this week and we have 4 other contracts in the works at this moment. I have been on the phone and working with Howie on the Ts for a couple weeks now and he is truly a pleasure to work with.

Howie gave me 3 shout outs on Fishbowl using my name Catherine if you want to check, and mentioned the Ts also and that the proceeds would go to Breast Cancer Research.

If you go to www.howiegordon.com, Howie's website, he has a link on page one to our store for all the Ts, including his *raffle* regular autographed Ts where purchases are entered to win a phone call with Howie.

Not sure what more verification you would need, but I am sure if you want to ask at www.howiegordon.com that the moderators will confirm these details.

Catherine.

http://www.myspace.com/catherinevanzyl

Reality Chics---the ebay sellers. hmmmm...

I think people would have bought the shirt more if it wasn't attached to The Breast Cancer research....Just like if Bye Bye Bitches was used to make people aware of dogs that needs adoption at the local animal shelter. You give people a cause to fight for and you have have people to just TEAR IT DOWN.

Maybe he figured (or people holding the strings)...hey since people are buying these shirts...maybe I could use my profits for good use....hmmmm...How many of you already or planned on getting the Bye Bye Bitches t-shirt of "I don't Cayer" tshirt....where did that money go...???

Right, I already spent like $150 on "bye bye bitches" stuff. The shirt were sellign BEFORE this brest cancer thing, the products were already out there. They are LOTS of BB6 based wear at cafepress.com. If Howie is nice enough to get someone to add a pink ribbon to a already selling item & donate the money then good for him

I do agree that it IS a bit rude, but then again I think walking around with a shirt that says "Howie loves bobbies" is classless anyway.

I dont' that many women with breast cancer even KNOW about the shirt, but they WILL get the research done with it.

HOwie isn't very bright, but his heart is in the right place.

Archived