Passions

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

• Pip
  • 700 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:25 PM

Ok the sex on Passions and it like focuses on a bottle of KY warming massage oil.. wow talk about sponsors getting their moneys worth.. I have a felling this soap is not going to be on much longer would they hurry up and end Ethan and Gwen before the show ends..

#22 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(Dade @ Dec 7 2005, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Courtesy of: SCI-FI WIRE

SCI FI Channel has struck a deal with sister corporate unit NBC Universal Television Studio to bring old episodes of NBC's supernatural soap opera Passions to SCI FI's morning schedule five days a week, starting Feb. 6, 2006, Variety reported.

I think they changed the date for February 13. There was no sign of Passions until then.

Courtesy of: SCI-FI, SCHEDULE

Date............. Time..... Program Title
02/13/2006 ..09:00 AM ..PASSIONS ..001
02/14/2006.. 09:00 AM ..PASSIONS.. 002
02/15/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 003
02/16/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 004
02/17/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 005
02/20/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 006
02/21/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 007
02/22/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 008
02/23/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 009
02/24/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 010
02/27/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 011
02/28/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 012
03/01/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 013
03/02/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 014
03/03/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 015
03/06/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 016
03/07/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 017
03/08/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 018
03/09/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 019
03/10/2006...09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 020
03/13/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS ..021
03/14/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 022
03/15/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 023
03/16/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS ..024
03/17/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS ..025
03/20/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS ..026
03/21/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS ..027
03/22/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS ..028
03/23/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS ..029
03/24/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS ..030
03/27/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 031
03/28/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 032
03/29/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 033
03/30/2006.. 09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 034
03/31/2006 ..09:00 AM.. PASSIONS.. 035

#23 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

• Pip
  • 700 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:55 PM

So Gwen has to be completely dumb .. when your husband is asked point blank to answer the question of does he love another woman more than his wife and he doesn't answer but asks another question in return well come on.... Men who want to lie asks a question to answer a questions being asked...

I really can not for the life of me stand to watch Fancy and Noah.. The actor and Actress just can not act and the more they show them the more I have to skip ahead ..
Chris needs to move along now ..Luis is back and Sheridan belongs to him.....

#24 jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:14 AM

I don't know about that PatsyD.Let me see umm I think Ethan,Luis,new migal(however you spell his name,
The old Fox,the new fox is driving me insane.He looks like a fool and plus he can't act worth sh*t is there anyone else I think is cute hmmmm lemme tink OH Julian..HAHAHAHA kidding.Nope thats all.But I think those 4 are HOT.OH wait I do think Chris is a hotty too,but he has to hit the road cause I want shuis back togeather.

Oh and just one more thing cause it's driving me nutty is catherine Crane.I hope Pilar beats the CRAP out of her and her sister Rachel.The 2 are very annoying.I hate how Catherine doesn't listen to Martin at all.She is like a bad virus that wont go away.

#25 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

Courtesy of: NBC UNIVERSAL MEDIA VILLAGE

NBC RENEWS POPULAR DAYTIME DRAMA "PASSIONS" FOR AN EIGHTH SEASON

Published: May 26, 2006

Creator James E. Reilly Will Remain at the Helm as Consulting Producer and Head Writer While Lisa de Cazotte Continues as Executive Producer

"Passions" airs Monday–Friday at 2 p.m. ET on NBC (check local listings)

BURBANK, Calif. – May 26, 2006 – NBC announced the renewal of daytime's youngest drama "Passions" for an eighth season and that the show's creator James E. Reilly will continue his role as consulting producer and head writer and Lisa de Cazotte will continue as executive producer. The announcement was made today by Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment and Annamarie Kostura, Vice President, Daytime Programs.

" 'Passions' continues to attract a loyal fan base as well as a youthful audience that appreciates its wildly inventive storylines," said Kevin Reilly. "We are glad to continue our creative relationship with the show as a reflection of our commitment to daytime programming."

"Jim and Lisa are a winning combination," added Kostura. "Their enthusiasm and love of the genre has created fun, fresh storytelling and we're thrilled to continue our relationship with them for what promises to be another imaginative season."
NBC's "Passions," which debuted in July 1999, is the newest drama to be introduced to daytime television and is the only daytime drama launched in the last decade that remains on the air. "Passions" continues to excel among younger viewers, ranking #2 for the season among women 18-34 and 18-24 behind only NBC's "Days of our Lives," and ranking #1 among girls 12-17.
The Emmy Award winning daytime drama combines quirky characters with traditional love stories to generate continual interest from the daytime community. "Passions" has been nominated for 27 Emmy Awards, winning four. And, this past year was nominated for two NAACP Image Award nominations and won a GLAAD Media Award and an AFTRA American Scene Award.
The series has successfully created unique online campaigns with "Passions Red" and "Passions Vendetta," launched a popular clothing line this spring (www.CraneCouture.com), and recently announced the formation of an online spin-off titled "The Cove," which will premiere exclusively online later this year.
Based on the rich history and mystery of the harbor community of Harmony, "Passions" explores the lives, loves and losses of four core families: the Cranes, the Lopez-Fitzgeralds, the Bennetts and the Russells, each of whom have their own distinct and diverse challenges and desires.

"Passions" is the creation of celebrated daytime drama scribe James E. Reilly, who is considered by many industry insiders to be one of the most innovative and prolific writers of his time.

"Passions" is produced by NBC Universal Television Studio in association Outpost Farms Productions, Inc. and is taped in Studio City, California. Lisa de Cazotte is the executive producer.

#26 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:02 PM

Courtesy of: NBC UNIVERSAL MEDIA VILLAGE

NBC'S 'PASSIONS' IS FIRST DAYTIME DRAMA AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AT iTUNES MUSIC STORE BEGINNING TODAY

Published: August 15, 2006

BURBANK, Calif. - August 15, 2006 - NBC Daytime's popular show "Passions" will be the first daytime drama available for download and purchase on iTunes Music Store (www.itunes.com) beginning today. Episodes will be available the day after airing for $1.99 per episode.

"Our dedicated 'Passions' fans have proven time and again that they are both extremely Internet savvy and unwilling to miss even one episode of their favorite show," said Annamarie Kostura, Vice President, NBC Daytime Programs. "NBC Daytime is thrilled to be the first daytime drama featured on iTunes and is confident our audience will enjoy downloading episodes that they can then watch for years to come."

"Passions" joins a growing list of NBC Universal programs now available for download on iTunes Music Store, including "The Office," "Monk," and "Project Runway."

About "Passions"
Created by celebrated daytime drama veteran James E. Reilly, "Passions" explores the lives, loves and losses of four core families in Harmony: the Cranes, the Lopez-Fitzgeralds, the Bennetts and the Russells, each of whom have their own distinct and diverse personalities. The series is produced by NBC Universal Television Studio in association with Outpost Farms Productions, Inc. Lisa de Cazotte is the executive producer.

#27 soapfan

soapfan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:09 PM

I still can't believe that they replaced the long running Another World with a cheesy Dark Shadows wanna be. Passions has past the point of campy and cute and has quickly gotten old and stupid. At least with Timmy there may he R.I.P. sad.gif , the show was at least entertaining while he and the actress that plays Tabitha, (her name escapes me at the moment, fantastic veteran actress who knows how to act), were on the screen. Now even though she still is very entertaining, the pop-up dialogue for "Endora" is just stupid. And the rest of the cast can't even deliver a line without sounding like they're reading directly from the script. They have no talent and should be ashamed for being associated with a cheeseball soap like Passions. Even if they had talent noone would get to see it because they are stuck delivering ridiculous lines like robots with no emotion. You can tell they even have a hard time taking the soap seriously. At least with "Another World" you had wonderful actors and actresses, who played characters with a history and interesting storylines to follow. NBC doesn't realize how many loyal viewers they lost because of "Another World"'s cancellation. I know I should get over it by now but it really irks me everytime I forget to change the channel after "Days" and Passions is on. I have started tuning into ABC after "Days" . At least "General Hospital" is exciting and interesting to watch. Passions just sucks.

#28 bigbrosister

bigbrosister

• Pip
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:44 PM

What happened to the original Sheridan? I don't know her real name. I wish she was still on the show. The new Sheridan is too young or something...looks like all the other blondies on the show. I want the old Sheridan back!

#29 jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:54 AM

They didn't replace another world with passions.and sheridan will be back soon.she is off for now because she had a baby.I agree the new sheridan is WAY to youg looking to play sheridan.I usually root for Luis and her to get back together but I havent since the face game in..LOL
And when Fancy calls her Aunt Sheridan,well Fancy looks older then her aunt.I am shocked however that Pilar has been killed off the show.sad.gif It's gonna be a sad week in Harmony sad.gif

#30 Robin12265

Robin12265

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:13 AM

Hi - nice to find other Passions obsessees out there. LOL

I agree that I don't like this Sheridan substitue. I hope she comes back soon!

I don't think Passions is anywhere near as good as AW was, but I'm hooked, none the less.

I'm behind 2 days (I TIVO the shows) but last I saw, Pilar was still alive...pleading with Ethan to leave Gwen (horse face, as my hubby calls her) and go back to Theresa.

Robin

#31 laladoopiedu

laladoopiedu

Live Feed Updater

• 6,169 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:48 PM

I tried watching Passions a couple of weeks ago after not watching it for a few years. I watched it everyday back when it first started, for a year or so, and even then, there was nothing to do but complain about the show, because their days took literally months, and their storylines went in circles. When I watched it a couple of weeks ago, only a day of it, I realized that after these years, somehow, the storylines have moved on, but only to new characters. They are still doing the same thing they did years ago. I don't see them canceling the show anytime soon, because if they wanted to, they would have already. There was talk awhile ago about a spin off of the high school kids, but as far as I know, that hasn't happened yet.

#32 Robin12265

Robin12265

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:52 AM

laladoopiedu - I suspect that is why I love my TIVO so much!! FFW through 80% of the show! LOL

#33 TV_Paige

TV_Paige

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:42 AM

NBC Pulls the Plug on 'Passions'

NBC has no more 'Passions'

Though an official announcement has yet to be made, soapcentral.com has learned that "Passions" will ends its eight-year run on NBC later this year. The cast and crew of the NBC soap were told on January 16 that the show had been cancelled.

While "Passions" has remained at the bottom of the ratings pack throughout its run, there are several bright spots that could potentially allow the show to live on somewhere outside of NBC's place on the dial. Speculation of "Passions'" impending doom first surfaced earlier in the month with it was reported that NBC planned to expand "Today."

NBC was going to increase the run of its morning news show, "Today," to a fourth hour. However, NBC is expected to have a hard time selling an expanded "Today," because it will mean that local affiliates will have to give up an hour of their local programming in order to accommodate the expanded morning show.

'Passions'

Unfortunately for soap fans, that's where "Passions" comes in. In order to give that hour back to local stations - which make up large parts of their revenue by airing syndicated programming - NBC needed to give up an hour elsewhere in the daytime lineup.

The decision to scrap "Passions" was one of economics. "Today" is the most profitable program in NBC's lineup and it is believed that the network plans to use an extra hour of "Today" as a way to increase its profit margin. On the flip side, "Passions'" sagging ratings resulted in the show having to slash its budget last year.

"Passions" is unique in NBC's daytime lineup in that it is owned outright by the network. Owning the show means that NBC does not have to pay licensing fees to another company in order to broadcast the show.

'Passions'

All four of CBS's soaps are owned by other entities while all of ABC's soaps are owned by Disney, which is the parent company of ABC. It is this ownership that may provide a glimmer of hope to Passions fans.

"Passions" remains a popular option for young women, part of the much sought after demographic sought out by advertisers. According to NBC, during the week of January 1-5, "Passions" notched its highest-ever ratings -- a 1.5 rating -- in the women 18-49 demographic. It is this appeal that has led many to believe that NBC will try to find a way to keep "Passions" alive.

At present, there are at least two options that appear viable. The first option -- Since the youth market tends to be more Internet savvy, it is possible that NBC will try to work "Passions" into an Internet-based soap opera to appease their target demographic audience.

'Passions' Theresa (Lindsay Korman), Ethan (Travis Schuldt) and Gwen (Liza Huber)

Fans could tune in online to watch the show or possibly pay to download new episodes via any number of online multimedia services. Recently-aired episodes of "Passions" are currently available for viewing on NBC's web site and for purchase on Apple Inc.'s iTunes.

Another option would be to allow another network to broadcast the soap. Variety reports that NBC might be shopping "Passions" to Disney-owned SOAPnet. A deal might allow a 30-minute version of the show to continue on. Reruns of "Passions" previously aired on the Sci-Fi Channel, but they were abruptly stopped due, in part, to less-than-stellar ratings.

It is unclear at this time exactly when "Passions" will end. NBC's contract with "Passions" ends in June, but the expanded version of "Today" will not air until sometime in September. It is possible that NBC executives will try to extend "Passions'" run in order to fill the void between the end of "Passions" and the debut of "Today's" fourth hour.

#34 AarHan3

AarHan3

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

Which of course would leave DOOL the last remaining daytime drama on NBC. And the future of even that is shaky at the moment... cry.gif huh.gif sad.gif fear.gif

#35 ericsturrock

ericsturrock

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

the show has beed picked up by DIRECTV but i dont think many will switch over

#36 Joah

Joah

• Pip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:19 PM

What's up with Gwen popping a baby on Ethan?! Where did she get that baby? Just wonder how she'll explain this one since there's no way she has been gone for 9 months. I mean a month of Passions ......and barely a few days have passed since every scene re-iterates what just happened.

Vincent drives me crazy and even more that his mother is mad at Sheridan for letting him go. Hello.........he's a killer, and why didn't they help her hold both Vincent and what's his name when they were hanging off the cliff. I noticed Jullian finally decided to help but after his son had already fell.

I hate how slow Passions is and how stupid, but I still can't help but watch. Sick. Will be sad/happy it leaves my tv channels.

#37 jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:29 AM

lmao I agree with you.Time just stands still on Passions.The Thing with Theresa is going to tell Ethan that lil Ethan is his kid is just making me mad now.It's so over done that it's just annoying now.I hate what they did to Sheridan. also hate that they have Luis with Fancy...Ugh.The writer of that show really knows how to frig up story lines.
Do you have direct tv?

#38 Joah

Joah

• Pip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:37 AM

No sad.gif I have no idea what's going on now, which stinks, but I can't imagine too much more. <giggle>

#39 echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:33 PM

What network is this on?

#40 Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

NBC