Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

X Files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sparklet

sparklet

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,563 posts
I loved the XFiles. Except when the episodes were about alien abductions. But when Scully and Mulder were investing weird events happening in the country, it kept my eyes glued to the television.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,873 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE AUSIELLO REPORT

The X-Files Being Reopened?

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson

When it comes to the long-awaited second X-Files feature film, the truth is out there and it ain't good. The latest setback? Franchise creator Chris Carter recently filed a lawsuit against 20th Century Fox over the show's profits.

"Everyone's [movie] deal is done mine, David Duchovny's and Gillian Anderson's but Chris' is not," says former X-Files producer Frank Spotnitz, who cooked up the sequel's story with Carter. "And I can't imagine that his deal will get completed until this legal dispute is resolved. My hope is that we can make this movie while people still care." (Carter declined to be interviewed for this story.)

The actress formerly known as Scully still cares, but her patience is wearing thin. "It's frustrating because we have no control," says the Emmy winner, who, with the exception of some film work, PBS' recent Bleak House adaptation and a five-minute rendezvous with me in her suite at the Ritz-Carlton in Pasadena, Calif., has maintained a relatively low profile since X-Files ended nearly four years ago. "It just seems like whoever is involved should do whatever it takes to make it happen."

And the sooner the better, considering Anderson has a project lined up that could further delay the X-flick. "I've been talking about having another child," says the 37-year-old and recently remarried mother of one, daughter Piper, 11. "And I don't want to be anywhere near the pregnancy when I'm [shooting] it."

If and when the film does get made, Spotnitz confirms that it'll be a self-contained story and not steeped in the show's dense mythology. "The first movie had to be about the mythology of the show," he explains. "But this doesn't have to be about the mythology of the show. It can just be a really good scary movie."

Chips&TV

Chips&TV

• Pip
  • 19 posts
i love the x-files and thought the first movie was great tongue.gif

thanks for the info on movie 2 smile.gif

milatchi

milatchi

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I WANT TO BELIEVE

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Yeah, I loved The X-Files. I own seasons 2 and 4 on DVD.

SwatCopsWife

SwatCopsWife

• Pip
  • 247 posts
I actually didn't get into the X Files til about 3 years ago, always thought it was weird alien crap, but then watched one episode on Sci-Fi, HOME I think it was called. GREEEEEEEEAAAATTT! I love love horror movies and etc so this episode caught my eye. The shows great I went to blockbuster for a week straight and rented them got al caught up. I loved when Dogget came on scene.

milatchi

milatchi

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I think 'Home' is my favorite episode of The X-Files. A few other great episodes that I can think of off the top of my head are 'Darkness Falls,' 'Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man,' and 'Small Potatoes.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users