Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

TAR Host Phil Keoghan

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Apparently, traipsing around the world for a living hasn't appeased "Amazing Race" host's Phil Keoghan's travel bug. At the end of last month, Phil left Los Angeles by bike and set out to pedal his way across the country in order to raise money for The National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Along the way, he's been logging an average of 100 miles a days, meeting with fans and supporters of his cause (including many living with MS), signing copies of his book, and attending open-casting calls for next season. The plan is to arrive in New York City on May 8, six weeks after leaving the West Coast... completely exhausted for sure. Follow Phil's trip here.

The ride has been a success. More than a month into his 3,500-mile journey, Phil has raised more than a quarter of a million dollars for the organization. But the trip hasn't been without a few bumps in the road (one quite literally). On Day 22, Phil checked himself into an Iowa hospital where he was hooked up to a saline drip since he hadn't been taking in enough calories or staying properly hydrated. Now, Phil, we know you know better! Didn't Margie's collapse in Thailand teach you anything?

Then this past Tuesday, on day 32, he stumbled into more trouble on his way to Columbus, Ohio. The good host hit a train track while riding 30 miles per hour, fell off his bike and slid for about 15 feet. Don't worry, he's OK, but he tore up his clothes pretty good and ended up with a bloody face and knees. Phil said he was only a little sore, so he got back on the bike and kept going. Now, if he can just eat, drink, watch out for obstacles during the last leg of the trip and make it to New York on time, this will have been one amazing race.

Video of Phil after his fall..... worth watching

ImIn

ImIn

• Pip
  • 3,459 posts
yup...clip of Phil after the fall is definitely worth watching...what a trooper he is! Bloody, torn up and sore...still with a smile and a bit of a sense of humor too...gotta love Phil!

Tricky/careful camera work when Phil was laying down getting medical attention... shocking.gif

wink.gif

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
QUOTE (ImIn @ May 2 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup...clip of Phil after the fall is definitely worth watching...what a trooper he is! Bloody, torn up and sore...still with a smile and a bit of a sense of humor too...gotta love Phil!

Tricky/careful camera work when Phil was laying down getting medical attention... shocking.gif

wink.gif

I know, right?? Almost got an eyeful of buns o' plenty LMAO

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Phil Keoghan blogs 'The Amazing Race": episode 11

And then there were three. Let’s go ahead and get this out of the way. That was without a doubt the most expensive bathroom break in the history of The Amazing Race, right? Even as I sat watching the episode last night from my hotel in Maryland, knowing what was about to happen, I still couldn’t believe it. I know that it was really tough on Jen and that she felt truly responsible for their elimination…especially considering they had battled through the U-turn, the eating challenge and even moved ahead of the redheads and still came up several minutes shy of the final three. Both Kisha and Jen have competitive natures and I’m sure that elimination stung.

But I have to say, Kisha really impressed me again with her stoic response to the entire situation. She could have easily lost her cool on baby sis but she didn’t. She never blamed her or even get that upset...she knew that Jen was doing enough of that on her own. Kisha held it together like a great big sister should. Kudos to her.

I know that some people don’t like the eating challenges, but you have to admit they are an excellent test of a person’s will and determination -- especially at this stage in the game. If I were to make it this far in the race, I can promise you that a starfish or a scorpion wouldn't keep me from getting to the next leg. At that point I’m eating anything I need to in order to advance. But even I was truly impressed with the ease with which a couple of the teams handled those Asian delicacies. They blew through that challenge. Cara was a machine.

Speaking of team Redheads -- I think it goes without saying that Jaime might need to work on her people skills, specifically with taxi drivers. Each and every week I am truly amazed at her impatience with the language barrier she faces in these foreign countries. Seems like Cara should have stepped in to assist in communicating with the drivers by now but Jaime is still doing all the screaming.

Can’t believe we are almost at the end of this season. I feel like this is one of the best editions we've ever done. The cast was amazing, the challenges were creative and unique and the pace was unstoppable. I hope you guys feel the same.

Here’s my quick tease for the finale episode:

After 3 continents, 9 countries, and 40,000 miles, it all comes down to one final leg. The final three teams will square off in a leg that will test everything from their endurance, their memories, and even their sea legs. And one racer’s Karma may come back to haunt them. Two teams will put their friendship first when they set aside the Race and help each other finish a task, and the final three teams will find themselves racing neck-and-neck in their last task on the road to the million dollar prize.

Final-Three Team Breakdown:

Cara and Jaime: Fiercely tough competitors but you have to wonder if a local is going to lose their cool on them at some point with all the screaming. Having said that, they definitely have the strength to become the first all-female team to win the Race.

Victor and Tammy: Seem to be coming on strong now. They’re focused, determined, and they feed off of each other’s tunnel vision. Definitely a stronger team heading into the final leg than they were when we first started this race. I love when team’s relationships grow on the Race.

Luke and Margie: Communicate better than any team left in the Race, but do they have the strength to battle it out against two very strong teams.
Guess we'll have to wait and see next Sunday.

Link

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Phil Keoghan blogs 'The Amazing Race' finale: episode 12

Another season in the can. I think season 14 was definitely one of the best we've ever done. Ranks right up there with some of my other personal favorites - seasons 1, 3, 5, and 7 to name a few. We had an extraordinary final three heading into Sunday night. We had a feisty all-female team in Cara and Jaime and who had what it took to potentially claim the first victory for the women; we had the Team that you may call this season's “underdogs;” and lastly Tammy and Victor, who may just have a bit more practical skills than I ever gave them credit for.

I was at the finale party in NY last night and Victor actually called my bluff and wanted to challenge me to a tire changing contest. However, he did admit that they struggled driving a stick shift and that he had bruises all over his legs from being a bit uncoordinated – if you think back, the propeller Roadblock wasn’t exactly a whirling success.

In addition to the season 14 cast, we also had some past familiar faces at the party last night including former Racers Tom and Terry, Sarah and Terence, Kelly and Christy, Nate and Jennifer, and even Drew from Season 1 showed up. Really fantastic to see all those guys coming out to show their support for this group of globe trotters.

Seeing as this is my last blog entry for this season, I thought I would review some of my favorite moments from Season 14:

· Cannonball Cheese Wheels: If you ever hear the line "Watch out for the cheese," you know you have a great season on your hands.

· Big Brother Doesn't Always Know Best: While in Romania, Victor insisted they were going in the right direction. He was wrong. Turned out to be a game changer for the winners as Victor learned it’s a Team sport and not a dictatorship.

· Mat Meltdown: Who was to blame? Even several weeks following the infamous meltdown, we're still debating who was in the wrong.

· Most expensive potty break ever: Kisha and Jen work so hard as a team to battle back through a challenging leg and with a spot in the final three on the line, Jen makes a quick bathroom Pitstop.

· Last night’s Roadblock: Love the moment when all three teams are running neck-and-neck. Great finale episode last night.

As I’ve stated before, I really love when teams' relationships grow on the Race and I honestly feel like Tammy and Victor's matured right in front of us. They learned to feed off of each other, communicate with one another, and most importantly listen to each other. And I believe they’re probably walking away from the Race with a better relationship than when we started. I have a lot of respect for those guys.

As far as their strength in the game, they were like the NY Giants two season’s ago…they got hot down the stretch and everything started clicking for them. They ran one heck of a race in the final couple of legs. Don't get me wrong, we knew they were a strong team when we first saw them, but I think most of us thought their relationship may trip them up along the way.

Luke and Margie were definitely one of my favorite Teams we've ever had on the show. Their relationship is truly compelling and whether or not they were your favorites, you have to give both of them a ton of credit. Not sure they were on anyone's final three lists at the start of the season. Margie – or as I call her, “Bionic Woman” – is as competitive and strong willed a human being as I've ever been around. And Luke, who was probably the biggest Race fan ever, never let any obstacle get in his way and clearly never will.

Cara and Jaime definitely played a strong game. When we first saw this team we knew they were strong enough physically and mentally to make a serious run at the million dollars. They were also relentless in their pursuit of becoming the first all-female team to win the Race but came up just a bit short. I’m sure Cara was a great cheerleader on the field, but she is definitely an all-star off the field. She always maintained her cool throughout a very hectic race and was always supportive of her friend and teammate.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for tuning in this season and for coming out to support me on my Ride Across America. It’s been a crazy couple of months. I am going home now (via airplane) in a much wider and more comfortable seat to gear up for season 15.

Link

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,096 posts
Phil was on Million Dollar Password last night. Damn, he looked good. smitten.gif

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
No Phil blogs this year? Darn it!

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I've been looking all day Erin... can't find anything at EW I will keep checking

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Yah I checked too, still nothing. Boo!

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,950 posts

Thats funny, just this week, as my friend and I were watching it she said holy crap Phils packin'!! Posted Image

I do believe that I noticed this yrs ago, Phil is a hottie all the way around,lol

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,482 posts
How much does Phil have to do with casting the show????

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,950 posts
Wow, that is impressive about the multiple Sclerosis , My middle son has MS and it is a nasty disease, it takes sooo much from you, so I loved Phil before, I am crazy bout him now.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts

Wow, that is impressive about the multiple Sclerosis , My middle son has MS and it is a nasty disease, it takes sooo much from you, so I loved Phil before, I am crazy bout him now.

Did I miss something?

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,950 posts

Did I miss something?

Above in post # 61 I saw where Phil went on a huge bike trek for MS, like 1200 miles, I had no idea he was into cycling, and then was surprised about the MS Society, you just do not hear that much about ppl doing stuff for that particular charity, and I was impressed with what Phil did for MS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users