Sign in to follow this  
wash ur face

Nip/Tuck

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

08/17 - Episode 4.07 - Burt Landau: We meet a man who is a double amputee, and he's is a lot of pain. Dawn Budge (Rosie O'Donnell) visits a weird genetics physiologist, to ask for his help. We also meet female social worker, of which we can't really tell if she is gay or straight.

08/25 - Episode 4.08 - Conor McNamara: The episode, who more than likely is named after Julia and Sean's new baby boy, will feature Dr. Mogabbi, a young and glamorous Asian surgeon who'll meet with concerned patients to explain a tricky procedure.

09/01 - Episode 4.09 - Liz Cruz: Liz's new girlfriend is Poppy, an athletic and perky woman who is into health and fitness. The episode will also feature Chiyo, a French-speaking Asian assassin, as well as another very threatning man named Hanae.

Damn pervs! Christian w/ that mother and daughter was so..WRONG! I love him, love how he uses them, then tosses them out. Brooke Shields looked absolutely disgusted with him when he spoke to her about it.

Then Brooke ended up being one of his victims before the episode was done...gross.

I'm not a big fan of shows with a bunch of cameos from b list celebs...we'll see how this goes.

yes the mom/daughter 3-some was disturbing, but I'm glad he turned back into the bad boy.

Me too, I love them bad boys.

Yeah, I'm really hoping that they're going to tame down the cameo list, the show is great w/out any help. They've always used celebs to play clients, but last nights show was a bit over the top.

And what I really want to know is, who shot JR's nudicles?

I feel like I talking to myself again.....post around me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Nip/Tuck

by Dave Anderson

September 5, 2006: Cindy Plumb

Can you believe it

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Nip/Tuck' Slices Off More Ratings Gold

Fourth-season premiere still strong for FX

September 8 2006

25284782.jpg

Dylan Walsh on 'Nip/Tuck'

Into its fourth season on FX, "Nip/Tuck" is acting a lot like the plastic-surgery patients that pass through the show: eternally youthful.

The show's season premiere on Tuesday delivered a strong 4.8 million viewers, off some from last year's premiere but still a good deal better than its third-season average. And as has been the case for much of the show's life, it continues to be one of cable's top shows among adults 18-49.

Better than 70 percent of the premiere's viewers -- 3.4 million people -- fell into that age group, which is the demographic sweet spot for advertisers. That makes it the top season premiere on ad-supported cable in 2006 in that category (other shows, among them "The Closer" and "Monk," have had more total viewers but skew a little older).

The ratings for the "Nip/Tuck" premiere are down some, though, from the show's third-season debut. That episode, the back end of the second season's Carver-fueled cliffhanger finale, drew 5.3 million viewers, 3.7 million of whom were in the 18-49 set. Still, FX is hardly upset with the numbers, which put Tuesday's episode tie it with the series premiere of "The Shield" for the fourth most-watched episode of a series ever on FX.

Fans of the show can look forward to 14 more episodes of "Nip/Tuck" this fall, concluding in mid-December.

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Alanis Morissette Guests on 'Nip/Tuck'

We thought you oughta know

September 12 2006

25346536.jpg

Alanis Morissette

LOS ANGELES -- To the long list of high-profile guest stars on FX's "Nip/Tuck," you can now add Alanis Morissette.

The singer, who has a handful of acting credits to her name, will appear on three episodes of the provocative drama later this fall. She'll be playing a character named Poppy, a love interest for Liz Cruz (Roma Maffia), the anesthesiologist for plastic surgeons Sean McNamara (Dylan Walsh) and Christian Troy (Julian McMahon).

Her first appearance is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 31.

Morissette has won seven Grammys in her career, including album of the year in 1995 for the mega-selling "Jagged Little Pill." She's also been nominated for two Golden Globes for best song in a motion picture: "Uninvited" from "City of Angels" and "Wunderkind" from "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."

Her acting credits include the Kevin Smith movies "Dogma" and "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" -- in which she played God -- and guest appearances on "Sex and the City," "American Dreams" and "Degrassi: The Next Generation."

In addition to Morissette, "Nip/Tuck" will feature the likes of Brooke Shields, Peter Dinklage, Jacqueline Bisset, Sanaa Lathan, Larry Hagman and Rosie O'Donnell as guest stars this season.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Nip/Tuck

by Dave Anderson

September 12, 2006: Blu Mondae

I figured right away that I

OK apparently no one else watches this. I guess I'll talk to myself yet again.

Anywho, this weeks episode made me angry w/ Sean and Julia, why did they give their daughter so much crap for her curiosity w/ the way the baby will look? She's a child, and that's how they learn damnit!

I was happy to see that they brought up the Matt saga again. They just acted like it never happened last week. I'm still wondering where that guy is and if someone will find him and what exactly happened to Cherry.

The scene with Christian and the boy toy getting lap dances reminded me too much of last season..when Christian and Quentin were getting oral sex and Quentin just stared at Christian through out it. It was basically the same story.

The Kimber/Scientology thing was dull.

I love the characters in this show, mainly Christian.. I love how warped and selfish he is, yet he remains fiercly loyal to the ones he loves. That's the reason I'll keep watching, but so far this season isn't off to a great start. I know it's early but COME ON ALREADY!

I'm listening No need to talk to yourself CM.

I agree with just about everything you said. I was pissed when they went off on their daughter too. I didn't think she had any ill intention, she was just feeling out what it would be like. Pretty insightful, actually.

Yeah, I didn't care for seeing Christian getting his at the same time as someone else, again. I also didn't see any relevance in last week's episode with the mother/daughter team. :rolleyes: It lacked credibility.

What do you think the story is behing the new owner and the kiss with the woman in the parking lot. She seemed scared at first, then it looked like she was a willing partner with the kiss.

I'm hoping this Kimber/Scientology thing is going to get better, but I DID enjoy seeing Christian threaten her if she kept up with Matt.

Nip/Tuck

by Dave Anderson

September 19, 2006: Monica Wilder

First things first: A.C. Slater's got a nice ass! Did I ever think I'd type that anywhere? I suppose that's what you get when you spend most of your time Dancing with the Stars and being Bold & Beautiful. I think you'll all agree that Mario Lopez has aged quite well. Whether I buy him as a plastic surgeon is a different story. I did like that Mario's character, Dr. Mike, told Christian how he's able to look so good (besides working out every day): "I don't eat." And more dialogue I found extremely true: "I'm 33. Basic metabolic rates slow down every decade after 30." Tell me about it. I am always a Debbie Downer when my friends turn that age and I say to them "Happy 30th... get ready for back fat!" Cue Debbie Downer noise. "Thanks, Debbie." The first shot of Mario exercising at the gym was reminiscent of his Greg Louganis TV-movie. You knew that as soon as Sean told Christian he didn't want to perform the liposuction Christian wanted, he'd seek help elsewhere. Then, lo and behold, Christian was Saved by the Bell -- Dr. Mike to the rescue with some "lunchtime lipo."

Sean (Dylan Walsh), on the other hand, was a dirty bird, bangin' the prospective babysitter/night nurse Monica (played by Lisa Whelchel look-alike Jennifer Hall). This kind of surprised me, but what didn't shock me was that Christian figured it out when he saw the look on Sean's face: "You porked her!" The best look was on Nurse Linda's face -- she gave Sean a total "You sicko!" expression. While we're on the subject of Nurse Linda, how about this for current TV trivia? Linda Klein plays Nurse Linda on both Nip/Tuck and Grey's Anatomy, and she is a real-life nurse. Fellow Watercooler (oops, I mean "TV Show Commentary") writer Maya Schechter told me this after she interviewed the Nip/Tuck cast last week. Linda only has a few lines each week, but it's cool that she's being featured more. Now, Maya, I encourage you to share your experience here, especially your one-on-one with Julian!

Nice plug for YouTube -- I liked that it was Liz and Linda who were ogling the footage of Christian having sex with his slut du jour. An ironically effective way to get Christian to realize he needs to hit the gym/get some lipo -- he got to see what we get to see each week: Julian McMahon's naked butt. "Plastic surgeons can't be fat." However, Liz calling Christian "chubby" is about as realistic as when Jack used to call Will fat on Will & Grace. Not havin' it.

And poor Liz. She innocently offered to talk to the mysterious Michelle (Sanaa Lathan) after she saw Jackie Bisset feel her up and make out with her in the parking lot last week: "I'm here for you." But Michelle didn't appreciate the offer: "You're fired." Good thing Sean was able to convince Michelle to keep Liz on, albeit on a probationary basis. I dig any excuse for Roma Maffia to be dramatic. Love her.

The guest-star-a-rama continued with Peter Dinklage from The Station Agent as Mr. Sawyer, one of the other prospective night nurses for Julia (Joely Richardson) and Sean. Glad he told them he preferred not to be called "height challenged" and that he encouraged them to hold their baby's hand before they change it. Unfortunately, I thought Peter's one scene was

I was sooooo pissed at Sean for banging the nanny while his pregnant wife is at home waiting for him.. It just made me yell at the TV that all men are pigs.. My TV it getting tired of hearing that.

So Matt tells Christian that he had no room in his life for him at this time, this could get really ugly.. I can't wait.

I'm sure we haven't seen the end of the fireworks between the new boss and Liz, or between her and everyone. I'm guessing the power she has over them all is going to get played up. Christian will not like being on a leash.

The male nurse was interesting, he and Sean are not going to do well together. Here's this little person that doesn't care about physical appereances, working for a plastic surgeon, I can only imagine what's to come w/ that.

Nip/Tuck

by Dave Anderson

September 26, 2006: Shari Noble

I am far from a prude. In fact, when they show the surgeries on this show, I never look away, as my roommate and some others do. But this episode had a more "Eww!" feeling than average. I mean, if we played a game called "What's More Gross?" we could come up with the following choices (and none of them are references to surgery footage):

- Melissa Gilbert played a desperate housewife named Shari Noble who was lonely since her husband was in Iraq so she put peanut butter on her breast so her dog would lick it, but oops

Nip/Tuck

by Dave Anderson

October 3, 2006: Dawn Budge

If you missed last week's episode, I can only imagine you were confused with this week's ending

ok, this show is started to get on my nerves with the predictable plots (Sean doing the wanna be nanny, and Christian doing Michelle). And the number of guest stars is getting out of hand.

And I've been saying this for the last 3 seasons, please oh please let Matt get killed off the show.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEAUTURES

Rosie Shares Her View on Bedding Dr. Troy!

by Mary Murphy

061006interview2.jpg

Rosie O'Donnell

New Viewer Rosie O'Donnell talks to us about her home life, her return to morning TV, and her risque guest role on Nip/Tuck.

TV Guide: What is it like to be back in the limelight with The View and now on Nip/Tuck?

Rosie O'Donnell: It is definitely an adjustment.

TV Guide: How has it been for the kids?

O'Donnell: It is not so much an adjustment for them because they go to a school that does not allow [them to watch] TV. But it was definitely a shift in energy for me once I became available for consumption again.

TV Guide: How's it going at The View?

O'Donnell: It has been a great few weeks. Everyone was nervous

Nip/Tuck

by Dave Anderson

October 10, 2006: Faith Wolper, Ph.D.

Well, Sean certainly got his wish. His conscience, in the form of Escobar (Robert LaSardo) told him to kill Monica, suggesting he slit her throat or gas her. Then, poof! A bus ran into her and killed her. I screamed: "No f---ing way!" while my roommate Jason shouted: "Sooooo Mean Girls!" It's those shocker scenes I enjoy the most on this show. Dylan Walsh did a fantastic job showing how frustrated Sean was getting and Jennifer Hall played the perfect psycho. Monica morphed into Alex Forrest from Fatal Attraction when she threatened to tell Julia about their affair, and how very Hand That Rocks the Cradle-esque to have Sean walk in on her with baby Connor's mouth on her nipple.

Who knew there'd come a day that both Sean and Christian would have women obsessed with them? I think I liked Dr. Faith Wolper (Brooke Shields) better when she seemed tougher and not into Christian. I was hoping she was just using him for the sex a few weeks ago, but no. Faith's a diagnosed sexual compulsive and wants to be "Property of Christian Troy," as evidenced by her tattoo at the end (and right above her end). You knew something was wrong when she admitted being disappointed that Michelle was the woman Christian wanted to spend his life with, according to his dream analysis. I must say that Brooke's acting ability has gotten better and better throughout the years. She's aging gracefully and has come a long way since The Blue Lagoon, eh?

How about that opening dream sequence where Christian dreamed he and Sean were lovers at a gay pool party? I absolutely love Nip/Tuck's continual not-so-subtle digs at Tom Cruise. Christian asking Sean to "come out of the closet" was a total reference to the Emmy-nominated episode of South Park where they asked Mr. C to do the same thing. We've already established the Brooke Shields connection and Sean not wanting Julia to take medication for her postpartum depression, but let me also add that the name of Sean and Julia's baby is Connor. What's Tom and Nicole's adopted son's name? Connor. Uh-huh. Pretty soon Christian will be jumping on a couch proclaiming his love for Michelle. But when/if Christian does it, I'll actually believe he loves his woman.

Speaking of which, poor Burt Landau (Larry Hagman). Having to watch his wife, Michelle, have sex with Christian must've been hard. Well, perhaps that's a wrong word to use in his case. Let's just say "difficult." Never thought I'd see J.R. Ewing with a penis pump that couldn't come off. What a blunt way to tell them he knew they were having an affair, by presenting them with gifts of lingerie to wear during their assignment. Nice twist towards the end where we found out it was Faith who encouraged Burt to confront Christian and Michelle. And I knew we'd start to see Monica in Sean's thoughts along with Escobar. I just didn't expect a dead and bloody Monica to be sitting at the table with them.

Christian apparently likes getting Stoned. The music of the Rolling Stones was featured quite effectively tonight. First, the song "Slave" from the album Tattoo You was appropriately played while Christian was removing Faith's original "Property of Marco" tattoo. And one of the all-time best Stones tunes, "As Tears Go By," was what was heard when Burt watched his wife have sex with Christian.

Your comments have been quite interesting. Keep 'em coming!

Posted by Dave Anderson 10/11/06 6:42 AM