Sign in to follow this  
wash ur face

Nip/Tuck

This show seems to be getting more rediculous.

The fat lady that spent years on the couch so her flesh became glued to the couch fabric...the operation on the gorilla...

And Matt (the son) is really getting on my nerves. I'm so glad his dad punched him in the face.

Ok, I guess I'd be upset if I found out that my dad's best friend was my real father and my parents split up and the only person that loved me ended up being a transexual (not a complete one at that)....but still he needs to suck it up.

I just want to find out who the carver is..and the carver is supposed to strike again in the next episode.

This show seems to be getting more rediculous.

The fat lady that spent years on the couch so her flesh became glued to the couch fabric...the operation on the gorilla...

And Matt (the son) is really getting on my nerves. I'm so glad his dad punched him in the face.

Ok, I guess I'd be upset if I found out that my dad's best friend was my real father and my parents split up and the only person that loved me ended up being a transexual (not a complete one at that)....but still he needs to suck it up.

I just want to find out who the carver is..and the carver is supposed to strike again in the next episode.

The fat lady on the couch was based on a true story. That really happened. I felt so sad for her and her husband.

The storyline with the gorilla was entirely possible, a little far fetched, but possible. I was annoyed with it in the beginning too, but it actually made me sad in the end.

As far as Matt, he's on my last nerve too. There is really no reason for him to think all three of them don't love him. They all did what they thought was best for him, he has to get over himself and see that. It's pissing me off, I'm annoyed by his bratty BS. The person with the most right to be angry is Sean.

I think The Carver is the new doctor they took into the practice. I said that last season, but it's just a crazy hunch.

I'm actually annoyed with the new girl in the threesome, Kit. She's on Boston Legal and she bugs me there too.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Nip/Tuck

First of all, thanks to the cavalcade of feedback replies I received last week. Glad so many of you agree with me that John Hensley looks like the present-day Michael Jackson! Every time I see him, I expect him to scream (

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Nip/Tuck

Two words: restraining order (at least next week). But wouldn't you want to smack your son if he looked like the present-day Michael Jackson? Totally kidding.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Nip/Tuck

Thanks again for all the additional feedback on who you think the Carver might be. In addition to the Kimber, Gina, Matt and Quentin predictions, several of you now think it might be Liz, but a few of you think it could be Dr. Bobolit (Joey Slotnick). Hmmm. OK

Nip/Tuck's Matt: Is He The Carver?

by Anthony Layser

When Nip/Tuck premiered on FX three years ago, the character of Matt McNamara, played by John Hensley, was your regular high-school student. Since then, things have become a bit more... complicated. Last season he was involved in an affair with his life coach, Ava, a woman twice his age. Next he discovered that his father's business partner is actually his biological dad. Then he found out Ava was once a man. (And you thought finding a date to the prom was stressful!) TVGuide.com recently caught up with the closely shorn actor to get an idea of how things got so out-of-hand.

TVGuide.com: The character of Matt had a pretty tumultuous run there on Nip/Tuck. Do you miss doing scenes that aren't extremely intense?

John Hensley: Quite frankly, I tend to have a hell of a lot more fun with the intense scenes. Part of it is the ability to sink your teeth into the material, but the other thing is that it's all make-believe and it's nice to go to work and have a situation where you can take big risks. Oftentimes, it's in those little moments of risk that things can be discovered.

TVGuide.com: Show creator Ryan Murphy has taken Nip/Tuck's story line to some pretty outlandish extremes. Do you ever have any idea what's in store for Matt before you get the scripts?

Hensley: Not really. Occasionally I'll get a slight indication where the character is going, but when you get eight writers in a room, the story is bound to change from episode to episode.

TVGuide.com: Well, did you know from the start that Ava would eventually be revealed to be transgender?

Hensley: I had no idea. As a matter of fact, we were given that episode one act at a time. I had no clue until I received the third act, so that was a big reveal for me, as well. The only thing I knew about Matt and Ava's relationship was that Matt falls head over heels for her. They told me, "Matt falls for this woman and she will turn out to be this season's villain." I knew that much going in, but I had no idea that Ava would ultimately be revealed to be a former man.

TVGuide.com: Wouldn't Matt have known something was "slightly amiss" considering he was sleeping with Ava?

Hensley: Again, I didn't know [for] the entire second season, so when the reveal did come, what could I do?

TVGuide.com: Did you ever ask the writers about the plausibility?

Hensley: The die was already cast, so what's the point? I did ask some questions, because Christian knew right away that she used to be a man. I asked, "Is this something that Matt's supposed to be into?" Their response to me was that Matt didn't have enough experience with women to know that there was something different; he just thought that's how she was made. Hey, you've got to take what the writers give you.

TVGuide.com: Whose idea was it to have Matt shave his head this season?

Hensley: Well, I know Ryan's been toying with the idea of shaving people's heads since the show began. Though I'm the first recipient of the honor, I'm not the first person who was discussed as being a shaving candidate.

TVGuide.com: Does being bald make the character edgier?

Hensley: Yeah, I suppose so. It takes away a lot of mask. You have nothing but a head there, so you don't have a lot of cover. I honestly don't miss my hair. I feel like when you commit to something, you commit to it

Nip/Tuck

I certainly get more feedback for Nip/Tuck than the other shows I cover for Watercooler. Mostly it's Carver predictions. (The most interesting one last week was Alec Baldwin's Dr. Moore character.) Last week, though, I got a bunch of "yes, BIID does exist" feedbacks. Ironically, Bruno Campos was interviewed during our Podcast, also last week, and he confirmed that all medical conditions and procedures done on the show are real. Sorry for suggesting otherwise. Tonight's show had a central theme of filling a void in one's family. It was very natural for Christian to want to get to know his real mother and her family more. Too bad she doesn't feel the same way. I loved that he offered her free plastic surgery, only because my own mother has said throughout the years that she'd get work done on her face "if only I could afford it." Sean was also filling a family void by becoming closer to Celestia, I mean Anne Heche, I mean the newly blond Nikki and her son Austin. How nice of Matt to take an imaginary family photo of the three of them. Speaking of Matt, several of you think he's The Carver. He's sure crazy enough. But speaking of crazy, I'm scared of Nikki now that we know she killed her husband. That gun under the bed doesn't bode well for Sean. Meanwhile, Quentin got Julia to agree to take on some of their clients, but that tango scene? Yeah right. At least she didn't sleep with him

Courtesy of:TV GUIDE, ASK MATT

Question: I'm a huge fan of Nip/Tuck, but I have to say I am getting really tired of how something happens one week and the following week there is no mention of it. Is Sean automatically cured because he cut his arm one time and he has no desire to do that or to punch his son in the face again? Did Kit go home the same night Christian apparently fixed her face after her run-in with The Carver? Is she still investigating the case? I understand this show has a lot going on and tons of fires to put out, but aren't you sick and tired of having to wait three weeks or more to find out anything that happened ages ago and you've completely forgotten about?

Nip/Tuck

Bye-bye, Anne Heche. Nice to see Nikki safely left town with her son, leaving behind a note for Sean. That came right after a dream sequence (can we please stop it with the dream sequences?) where that creepy guy pointed a gun at Nikki after already killing Austin. Thankfully, it was just Sean daydreaming. Speaking of the creepy guy, the actor who played him

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Dreams' Meg Is a Nip/Tuck Neo-Nazi!

by Laura DeBrizzi

Your grandmother wants to buy her presents at the dollar store. Your parents want you to be like her. And you want everyone to like you the way they like her. Yup, it's easy to love Brittany Snow. The 19-year-old actress is doe-eyed, chatty and a splurging giggler. Alas, granny may soon suffer a heart attack when she learns that American Dreams' darling Meg Pryor is now a neo-Nazi with some serious anger issues. Snow took time out from shooting her guest gig on FX's Nip/Tuck (beginning tonight at 10 pm/ET) to chat with TVGuide.com about evolving into a bad-ass, the truth behind Dreams' MIA finale and being the object of affection for a Desperate Housewives hottie.

TVGuide.com: Congratulations on landing Nip/Tuck. Are Doctors McNamara and Troy going to take a scalpel to you?

Brittany Snow: Not exactly. My character's name is Ariel and it's symbolic that she's named that, actually, because everything she stands for is Aryan. She's a white supremacist and a neo-Nazi.

TVGuide.com: You're scaring me.

Snow: It's more psychologically frightening than anything. Ariel has extreme views and really believes that what she says is right. When you listen to the character, you may find yourself saying, "Well, she does have a point...." I don't think Ariel is correct, but she justifies it in such a way that it is chilling. And I'm dressed all gothic

Nip/Tuck

First things first. Last week I referred to Nikki's murder as "Sean's daydream" because when Sean went into the bedroom after he heard voices, nothing was there except the note Nikki left behind. Lots of people I spoke to (like my roommate, whose opinion I respect since he's a TV addict like me) agreed that it was indeed a daydream. But then I got several feedback e-mails from people saying it wasn't a dream

Edited by Dade

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK MATT

Question: Am I the only one who found Anne Heche's story line on Nip/Tuck not just annoying but preposterous? I'm prepared to suspend disbelief when I watch that show and I enjoy its outrageousness very much, but are we supposed to believe that the Witness Protection Program would let members of a family under its protection continue seeing with their old surgeon? And I refuse to believe that Sean didn't realize that he'd never see his family again if he joined the program. Also, are they really going to make us wait the whole season to find out who the Carver is?

good interviews.

The Neo Nazi chick is straight crazy. And I had no idea Kimber was kidnapped. I just assumed she bailed out.

lol@ Matt's eyebrows. I thought I was the only one annoyed by them things.

I did miss a few episodes though..can't wait for a marathon.

Coutesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Nip/Tuck

Well I certainly learned a lesson last week. I will no longer write about a show without also watching scenes for the next week. Last week I neglected to watch the coming attractions, which revealed that Kimber did not bail on Christian she was kidnapped by the Carver! Oh, Dave. So if any of you went back to check, you saw that I updated that portion (thanks to my editor's help). OK that said, how disturbing was tonight's episode? Not disturbing when it comes to the acting and the writing that was first-rate, as usual. I'm talking about the subject matter. Christian the sadist and new patient "Flabby Abby" (an intensely effective Rebecca Metz) the masochist. Never thought I'd see a show where a lead character pathetically asks a not-so-pretty gal to put a bag over her face so he could have sex with her. But I can't condemn this since I know this stuff actually happens. How about Abby's line "Just because I am ugly doesn't mean that I'm attracted to ugly"? We all know that's true, no matter how attractive we are. Brilliant usage of Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls" during the surgery, by the way. Then there was the disturbing Quentin story line having sex with the army guy (played by Bryce Johnson from Popular), then getting intimate with Julia, denying having sex with the army guy even though Sean witnessed it, outing the army guy, leaving McNamara/Troy and then becoming the resident surgeon at De La Mer. Creep with a capital C. And please may it not be Matt who caused those hate crimes too predictable. But most of all, poor Kimber. Carved and held captive by the Carver, forced to write that note to Christian. I bet Christian seeing Kimber next week is just him hallucinating we shall see. Does next week's "special event" plane crash not look like ER two weeks ago? Dave Anderson

Edited by Dade

yeah the last episode was ill. Some army guy banging ol boy from the back, Chris making the fat chick wear a paper bag. I can't believe they show this stuff on basic cable. For some reason no matter what storyline is following Matt, he annoys me. If he got killed off the show I would not miss him...and didn't Julia and Sean have a daughter? What ever happened to her?

I hope the plane crash next week doesn't take up the whole story. Looks like it could be a pretty boring episode.

Nip/Tuck

I knew from last week's previews that this plane-crash episode would be a change of pace, and it was. It even came equipped with a former X-Files cast member (Mitch Pileggi as Dr. Marcus). For a while there, I was thinking they gave Julian McMahon a week off, and then 22 minutes in, there's Christian to the rescue. That was Napoleon Dynamite's Sandy Martin so brilliantly playing Helen, the woman Julia was desperately trying to save. I like what the entire experience did for Julia

the last episode didn't keep my attention, so I missed a lot of the tidbits. I did see the part where she smothered the lady. At the end when her mom popped back up I just assumed that she was hallucinating. But we won't know until next week. if that's really her mom, lol@her smothering a stranger.

Yeah she figured out that she'll make a good surgeon. But isn't killing people, espcially someone you think is your mother, against the doctor's oath or creed or something?

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Nip/Tuck Doc Has Bite

by Angel Cohn

Joining the cast of any show is a little bit daunting, but joining the cast of a show like Nip/Tuck where you never know what will happen has really got to be overwhelming. But Bruno Campos has been reveling in his role as Nip/Tuck's scheming surgeon Quentin Costa. TVGuide.com gave the 32-year-old former Jesse star a call to discuss the upcoming episodes of the show leading to the season finale on Dec. 20th

Nip/Tuck

Definitely my least favorite episode ever. I was going to write "worst episode ever" until the ending redeemed things a bit for me. I liked that Julia decided not to abort Sean's baby and I liked that the rain washed away the paint Ariel (Brittany Snow) and Matt covered the nativity scene with. Hey

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: Do you have any idea who the Carver is on Nip/Tuck?

I missed the last episode, but it doesn't look like i missed much. Can't wait for the season finale.

My Carver guess:

Ava's son Seth. Wait, he's not dead is he? This show moves so quickly I may have missed an episode where he died or something.

I mean Adrian. His real name is Seth.