Sign in to follow this  
wqrt

Is it just me...

Or is this turning out to be the most boring season of TAR ever. I was falling asleep during last nights episode. What a Roadblock, find the spy with the matching briefcase? Come on CBS! Where's the challenge? I think the family edition could have worked if CBS put alittle more thought into it. One thing mentioned in an earlier post was have all team members over 21. That way they could make the challenges alittle more challenging. I'm still a fan of TAR and will keep watching hopeing things get better.

Or is this turning out to be the most boring season of TAR ever. I was falling asleep during last nights episode. What a Roadblock, find the spy with the matching briefcase? Come on CBS! Where's the challenge? I think the family edition could have worked if CBS put alittle more thought into it. One thing mentioned in an earlier post was have all team members over 21. That way they could make the challenges alittle more challenging. I'm still a fan of TAR and will keep watching hopeing things get better.

I don't find it boring but it definately is not as amusing as previous seasons. :>

I could find a lot of problems with this season.

I really wish they could leave the country, and i wish that atelast everyone was 18+ or something because the challenges are really not too difficult (briefcase?!), and with 4 people if someone can't pull their own weight someone else just picks up their slack.

yeah... please leave the US.

So are they not leaving the country then?! I have been wondering that!

It's not an Amazing Race, its a dysfuntional family vacation. Really should have been on during the summer.

I think they just lost the Emmy for next year.

You know what's weird about the US Road trip edition, is the landmarks they're choosing to highlight or not highlight. I mean, they were in Manhattan and went to a camping goods store and a hot dog stand instead of climbing the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty. Hmmm. And then they went to D.C. and stopped off at the pools and that domed thing instead of visiting the Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian, the White House, or the Viet Nam Memorial, or anything like that. I can't decide whether it's good or bad that they are avoiding all the popular tourist destinations since they might be more popular for a reason. On the other hand, maybe that would have been even more boring if they had hit all the big landmarks because we've all seen them before, either in person, in movies or on tv.

On the plus side, I liked the rowboating from Delaware to Pennsylvania, the Civil War reinactment (also been in movies), the Pennsylvanian Dutch stuff and even the giant shoe. I wonder what they do inside that shoe.

I held off making comments until I saw the second episode. But it is me or do the families not seem in awe of any of this stuff. Where is the shot of the racer going "wow" or "how amazing"? It doesn't exist. Why? It because a bunch of the families could have done the trip from NYC to Va on a long weekend. The teams that have been kicked off the other amazing races had adventure and were more dissappointed that they were going to miss out on the rest. How many chances would these ordinary people have to travel the world. I don't see that this season. They have the "Dang lost a chance at the money" look.

Just some speculation, but unlike previous seasons, I don't think they will be staying in any hotels (don't you need like a credit card or something in the US). So I think they will be many one day episodes. I didn't see any choke point in the first two episodes, so I don't think they will show families interacting other families. Aren't those some of the best strategy monents in the races.

I loved the show from the beginning (TAR2 is the best ever!), but I find the trends distrubing. TAR7 they didn't go around the world. It was India and back. Now they don't leave the country. What's next? Amazing Race on bikes through one city.

I held off making comments until I saw the second episode. But it is me or do the families not seem in awe of any of this stuff. Where is the shot of the racer going "wow" or "how amazing"? It doesn't exist. Why? It because a bunch of the families could have done the trip from NYC to Va on a long weekend. The teams that have been kicked off the other amazing races had adventure and were more dissappointed that they were going to miss out on the rest. How many chances would these ordinary people have to travel the world. I don't see that this season. They have the "Dang lost a chance at the money" look.

I definitely miss the moments of awe and amazement. I also miss the mishaps of travel that you can't plan for that have happened in previous seasons. A taxi getting a flat or running out of gas. Missing or taking the wrong bus or train. The sneaking around trying to make flight arrangements that sometimes backfires.

I definitely miss the moments of awe and amazement. I also miss the mishaps of travel that you can't plan for that have happened in previous seasons. A taxi getting a flat or running out of gas. Missing or taking the wrong bus or train. The sneaking around trying to make flight arrangements that sometimes backfires.

or dealing with people who don't speak english, bartering items they have to get $ and fighting with cabbies over their fare.

or dealing with people who don't speak english, bartering items they have to get $ and fighting with cabbies over their fare.

Do you live in the US? There are many, many parts of the country where English is not necessarily the language! :P

I think this season is great and its about time we saw more of our own counrty. The USA has many great wonderful places to offer.

I don't think this has been the best season, but I think it still has alot of potential. So far I only dislike the Paolo family.

I ended up switching the channel, which is a first might I add. I don't like this season of TAR. They haven't even left the country yet? I might watch again next week but I'm definitely not looking forward to it. <_< I am looking forward to next season's TAR, though.

Okay I love this show but come on. This is clearly the easiest AR I've ever seen. They ride around the US in luxury leather seated SUV's to places that have been so easy to find a monkey could do this.

The challenges on the Oct 11 broadcast were brutally easy. Drive a jeep through the mud or take off the heads of some shrimp? Man the previous AR contestants must be dying. They had to contend with foreign languages, foreign money, foreign food etc. These people are riding around the US going thru drive thru McDonald's.

I will wait patiently for the AR to come back to their sense next year.

...The challenges on the Oct 11 broadcast were brutally easy. Drive a jeep through the mud or take off the heads of some shrimp?...

I guess I'm a super wimp, cuz... :unsure: ...I was stressing :wacko:

Okay I love this show but come on. This is clearly the easiest AR I've ever seen. They ride around the US in luxury leather seated SUV's to places that have been so easy to find a monkey could do this.

The challenges on the Oct 11 broadcast were brutally easy. Drive a jeep through the mud or take off the heads of some shrimp? Man the previous AR contestants must be dying. They had to contend with foreign languages, foreign money, foreign food etc. These people are riding around the US going thru drive thru McDonald's.

I will wait patiently for the AR to come back to their sense next year.

You're absolutely right. They could atleast make the teams have to ask people where stuff is. I mean, hello. They tell the teams to go to Dulles International (IAD) to fly to Charleston. Washington DC has 3 airports. could it have hurt to let them do some research and check BWI or DCA. But it wasn't McDonald's, it was sitdown at Waffle House. I can't believe the girl was complaining about the bus ride with AC, how could she ever do a 20hr train ride in India or Thailand.

All that said, last night's episode was an improvement from previous ones. They actually had interaction between the teams. It's was pretty funny when the kids were talking and the stepmom say Don't talk to them and give away our strategy. Hated to see the Aiellos go. Would have been fun to see the Aiellos go against the Weavers.

Is TAR purposely trying to avoid locals on this edition?

More importantly has TAR got to be too big for it's britches? Are they reading thier own headlines and looking at their shiney emmys too much? This year's challenges have been on the whole really tame. I think it's because of the kids. Rowing a boat..pulling a cart...driving a jeep...these are painfully easy tasks to watch and to do in my opinion. Don't get me wrong you have to have some athleticism to do some of these but if you're on TAR isn't that a prerequisite to being the likely winner?

I feel like TAR has "dummed down" on their whole package of events this year. Again I believe because of the kid or teen factor.

In my opinion this format is not well suited for this game. It's also way too bogged down with coverage of them packing and unpacking the SUV. How exciting is that? But it takes 4 people so long to get organized and in the car and running that we see this over and over.

Love the show hate this season.

It's kinda like Jeopardy. The kids edition of Jeopardy is fun to watch for about a day, but it's softball trivia. When the general audience starts thinking they could do better, it's not a formula for exciting TV. I was like ok. The first episode is always difficult so as to weed out a team before they get over their heads in real danger. If those were weed out episodes, we got trouble for this year.

It's weird that they haven't presented a very likeable family.

So they speak Spanish is some of the areas big deal. It is the US you can always find either an interpreter or they speak good enough broken english. Where's the challenge??????

I was afraid it would be this way, but I'm really not hating it. If they're staying in the US, I hope they I hope they try and show us some areas that not everyone knows is there. I mean, DC was nice -- but come on -- we all know it's there, and if we haven't been there, it's on the news, settings for tv shows, studied in school......

I hope they throw in some really unique places, along with the traditional landmarks and vacation spots. ( Think they will turn up at the Grand Canyon, at some point?)

I find myself hoping the families with the youngest kids will go first, but I know that's silly. It won't change anything anyway, since I'm sure everything is planned out well in advance.

I'm going to be really ready for the next AR. I bet they bring in some people from anyother reality show -- my money's on Janelle, from this summer's BB.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that either. Janelle and James would be awesome. Michael and/or Kaysar wouldn't be good because there is too much sexual tension between them. Then again Sarah and James would make a great team.