Week 3 BBOTT Discussion

Hey all. I thought this would be a good place to have a single thread on discussing the weekly votes. As we know, America's Care Package voting opens 10/13 (Thursday) at 10am BBT/1pm EST.

This weeks America's Care Package:

Pick-A-Veto

The winner of this care package gets the power to pick which type of veto the HGs will be competing for this week. The options are as follows:

• Diamond Veto: The holder of this veto has the power to remove someone from the chopping block and also name the replacement nominee.
  • Double Veto: Two vetoes will be awarded at the veto competition and will be in play this week.
  • Boomerang Veto - The winner of this veto will be able to use it twice. That means the holder could remove two people from the chopping block at the veto meeting.

As we know, Kryssie got last weeks, ACP and is not eligible for this weeks. I won't be putting my opinion on THIS post, but know that I will in the comments LOL.

The other parts, as we get a bit closer... Have-Nots, Nomination and Eviction. (This post will be updated with information for each.)

So this one is up in the air for me. I am more than willing to hear suggestions. By the time it comes up for vote, we will know who the HoH is, and honestly, if the Plastics are in power again, I would like to give this one to Neely. However, if the Misfits are in power I don't know who I want to have the power to decide, probably Scott. I see this week as almost being a throwaway again because it doesn't give the winner much, just picking which type of veto will be played for.

33 minutes ago, Marty said:

Anxious to see what people think 

So am I. I am hoping this works well (the forum thread) and helps open up the discussion a bit more. I like the idea of Neeley getting it no matter who has the power. I like the idea of 4/5 for J/J. If by some miracle Monte stays this week, he is my vote for the slave. If he goes, then Scott.

I am really liking BBOTT because the people are not sleeping all the time.  I love the votes too but I wish some of them were not so late at night.  I'm central time and have to remind myself.  

I hope enough people are watching to continue the Over the Top shows.

I wold love to see Scott as the slave.  That would be too funny.

I am not sure I have an opinion until we see who goes home tonight and who wins the next HOH. I will say I hope Neely wins HOH tonight. Once those elements are determined I can assert who I think needs the ACP and why. Like the discussion you've started here though! 

Uodated 10/14

I voted Scott ACP-gives HOH and bit more power over HOH this week, doesn't really benefit him persay and saves better ACP for players I like!

As for HN, I think voters have sent the wrong message doing all 3 from same alliance and should have at least put one on HN from other side each week. Dani and Alex need a reality check I see their ego's getting the best of them and since Alex and Shelby want to be attached at the hip all day long they can suffer together. Shelby also has been hiding food around just in case she's a HN so she can "sneak eating" and I would like to see her try! Lol

Alex, Shelby, Danielle are my HN votes. Keeps one side from feeling like we are all for or against one side of the house. Also want Dani/Shane to be apart a little. 

Finally the Nom's this week. I was really keeping an open mind until Sunday. Then I heard Alex say on LF last night at 11:58 pm that she "hopes and prays they (America) finally sees the light." In her mind we are all idiots or don't see what's actually going on (despite knowing we see more than she does and she refuses to adjust her game). That doesn't sit well with me.

I kept hoping Alex would wake up and smell the clues we've sent her. Clearly she believes we should see things her way, we are idiots, and she and the Plastics are right in the things they've been doing.  A taste of the block is what she deserves. This isn't BB it's BBOTT!

She has all the facts in front of her and refuses to reevaluate her strategy, won't associate with the 'commoners' and has a new lap dog following her lead. 

My nom will likely be Alex for all these reasons unless something big happens in the next two days. She's had plenty of chances and taking away a Plastics HBIC and removing their shield may inspire the other girls to step up their active and social game. If not, they deserve to get picked off. I may not like everything the misfits do but they are playing all day every day even when they are just chillin'. They make a plan and do their best to put it into action, work together and keep an eye on their own individual game play along the way. Even when it doesn't work they worked hard before and after. 

Alex is about Alex, doesn't listen to anybody else. Refuses to step back and see big picture despite seeing things and having all the info she needs.  It's week 3! You need other people this early in the game. Like Monte, she's got such tunnel vision.  It's not possible in her mind she's wrong! Instead she's concluded everyone else is wrong and should see things her way. At the very least as a player you  have to make people believe their opinions matter. You have to build a path that lets you accomplish your goal later. They brainstorm the most ridiculous ideas in defense mode (threatening Justin or Neely if they don't vote their way then they go up) and are not playing any offensive game at all. Their plans they finally do come up with are usually terrible and fail because they haven't put in any leg work in advance and are really just blinded by jealousy and superiority complexes. I want to see good active game play. Play hard or go home. That's the game! 

Now that we know Scott is HoH and basically the only power this ACP has is to pick the type of veto lets discuss who we think should get it.

On the page, I have seen a few options:

Danielle

Shane

Jason

Scott

Neeley

I am leaning towards Danielle, only because it's a throwaway. It doesn't give her the ability to play (unless she is nom/name drawn) so I think this would be a good way to use it.

8 hours ago, Marty said:

I think I want Neeley to have the care package. Just because I like her and Jason will help her use it wisely 

I like Neeley, too. I would like for her to have one of the later care packages (like the eliminate 3 votes) but there is always the possibility she might not be there in two weeks. I'm sure she would really put some thought into which veto to choose and get input from the HGs she trusts so she wouldn't be a bad choice for this package.

Don't forget to vote - I am team Late Night Jamboree so I voted Alex, Whitney and Shelby for Have Nots

Just a heads up. Jokers is all in for the Plastics and they are now the favorites there. They are voting Jason, Kryissie and Danielle for Have Nots

I love the Jamboree but am sick of the shomance. I'm voting for Morgan to be the 3rd nom. I'm hoping Scott can get his backdoor for one of them. For most polls, she is running 2nd with Danielle far in the lead. I think Morgan is the only one whose numbers could rise enough to catch up with Danielle's. That's my food for thought anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Addy08 said:

I love the Jamboree but am sick of the shomance. I'm voting for Morgan to be the 3rd nom. I'm hoping Scott can get his backdoor for one of them. For most polls, she is running 2nd with Danielle far in the lead. I think Morgan is the only one whose numbers could rise enough to catch up with Danielle's. That's my food for thought anyway. 

I voted Morgan also. crossing fingers

11 hours ago, Moonpetal said:

These people would be fools to keep Dani. She will cause chaos. Shane will not be as devious. 

I voted to evict Dani. Would like to see Shane play without Danielle. 

Oh well 

And so we have Danielle for yet another week.  I am going to try an keep an open mind to see if she adjusts her approach.  I agree, keeping Dani was a huge mistake on the other side of the house.  Although the same can be said for Dani, let's see how she plays without Shane to leech onto all day long.  She is smart and very strategic but her delivery of things detracts from her ability to gain support or solicit attention because people tun her out being so tired of listening to her talk ALL THE TIME.  There are plenty of 'look at me I'm the center of attention' personalities in the house but she draws attention to herself in a negative way which makes her behavior more pronounced than some of the others.  Justin knows how to stand to the side and let someone else take center stage.  Shelby (a.k.a the Sloth) is just as guilty of screaming for attention and so is Alex within her core group.  The sloth actually listens to other people which makes her slightly better than Alex because she always assumes she's right and everyone should listen to her and even if they don't she's going to do what she wants anyway.  Jason is just as loud and boisterous but he does have balance and is very good at listening and not pushing his ideas but appearing passive and slowly massaging his ideas for each personality type he's talking to in order to lead them in the direction he wants without shoving his ideas down anyone's throat.  That truly is the most effective way to manipulate people in order to achieve a goal.  Doesn't always work, but works more often than most others in the game at the moment.  

I'm glad Kryssie won, shifting the power to that side going into week 4. I am willing to endure her holding court for the week no matter how annoying it may become. since it means LNC has HOH and all the other members are still eligible to compete week 5!  I wish the Plastics would spend their time coming up with actual strategies relying on their own skills and finally foster a well rounded game.  They are so one dimensional and the mindful refusal to take offensive measures to create some long term game safety nets in place and set them up to accomplish things looking ahead is a very weak game.  There are so many things they could be doing to position themselves better.  Stop talking about America saving your ass*es and save yourself!  LNC campaigned for vote but weren't ONLY relying on some twist to save them, they put in work before, after, and during.  

• PaganMom unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Today is International Sloth Day. I'm sure the little guy pictured below has a much better personality than Shelby. And I think he is kind of cute, even if a bit scary looking. Shelby, not so much.

I haven't had the chance to watch. Who is Kyrssie planning on putting up? I hope Shelby is on the block with Alex. Wouldn't be bad if Scott went up but I think he would take it as a gamer and try to work his connection with Jason and Justin. Shelby and Alex don't really have even a thread of a connection to anyone on the other side. 

wet sloth.jpg