Sign in to follow this  
Guest ranster627

Begging

Guest ranster627

I hated seeing them beg in the first airport, I saw the embarrassment in Joyce's eyes, the windows to her soul, and it really disturbed me ... I really felt for them!

I hated seeing them beg in the first airport, I saw the embarrassment in Joyce's eyes, the windows to her soul, and it really disturbed me ... I really felt for them!

:cry:

This may need to be it's own thread...

But - has anyone ever had to beg before?

I have been in a situation where I was far from home, out of money, out of gas and in desperation had to beg for money to get my sorry *ss home. I admit it. It sucked!!!

But I can say, a time came along when I was on a road trip and a young woman and her small toddler were abandoned on the side of the road in the same situation, (but worse with a child) and I helped her as I was helped in the past. It was great help and I knew that she was genuinely grateful.

It all comes around in the end. I'm screamin' it! Can you hear me???

23_1_60.gif

Eight years ago coming back from spring break in Mexico my friends had run out of money to pay that $30 surtax the airlines were charching us to board. It was amazing how generous people were. They had no problems to get it.

No kidding Lauren what part of we have lost our luggage and money don't you understand MR. lol

The fact that I am having problems with this statement is that it is a lie. They didn't lose their luggage, they didn't lose their cash they freely gave it up so that they could continue to be in the race.

Rob also was begging to get on that earlier flight he said"oh you dont understand this is a life changing event--my mother" but the agent cut him off and said "NO" I am sure he was going to say she was on her death bed or something!!!

if anyone tivoed or taped it watch!

Guest aljj
Rob also was begging to get on that earlier flight he said"oh you dont understand this is a life changing event--my mother" but the agent cut him off and said "NO" I am sure he was going to say she was on her death bed or something!!!

I saw that, and was not suprised. How could we expect better, he lied his way thru the game. It was refreshing to see someone see it for what it was, and cut him off.

Guest cmteachermom
It all comes around in the end. I'm screamin' it! Can you hear me???

Although I've never had the experience I feel the same way!! My aunt was living in Spain and was mugged on the subway/train and she had to beg for money to get back to her home. She said it was the most humbling experience of her life. Now, this was before cell phones and she was unable to reach my uncle to come get her...Anyway, I'd like to think I would've helped Joyce and Uchenna.

What really got me was the guy in Miami who said, "begging's not the way to do it." Clearly he didn't see the cameraman holding the very expensive piece of equipment and wasn't able to understand that something way bigger was happening than an African-American couple begging for money on the streets of Miami!!! Holy Cow! I can only hope that the guy watched how ignorant he sounded!!!! Sorry, just my thoughts...... :?

Hello. I have never posted on here before, but I have been reading the posts for TAR and BB for two years now, good stuff.

Anyways, cmteachermom, I completely agree. What about that guy at the airport that they went to? You could tell U&J did not want to ask for money, and when they did, the jerks at the airport just skoffed at them. I hope they realized how awful that made them look!

Hello.  I have never posted on here before, but I have been reading the posts for TAR and BB for two years now, good stuff.

Anyways, cmteachermom, I completely agree.  What about that guy at the airport that they went to?  You could tell U&J did not want to ask for money, and when they did, the jerks at the airport just skoffed at them.  I hope they realized how awful that made them look!

I was thinking the same thing Pinky. And especially with all the camera crew filming, the jerks had to know they were not just average joes begging for a hand out.

And welcome Pinky! Keep coming back :wink: