Monte Massongill - Houseguest Discussion

bbott-monte-massongill.jpg

Age: 25 | Hometown: Olive Branch, MS | Occupation: Engineer Associate

• Are you a fan of Big Brother? Did you apply to be on the show?

Yeah, yeah, I'm a fan of Big Brother. I applied and got called out here for an interview. I did a couple of Skype interviews. One thing led to another and here I am. 

Who has been your favorite winner over the years?

Recently Victor [Arroyo]. I don't  know if he won or anything, but I liked the way he played. His resiliency, how he kept fighting. And Hayden Moss, I liked him for season 12. 

Who is your least favorite winner?

Who's the guy who won it the year before this past year?

Steve Moses won season 17.

Yeah, yeah, I didn't know about him. He was just kind of in between. 

Are you looking for a showmance?

I'm not opposed to a showmance. If you connect with somebody, you can't help it. But if I do find myself in one, don't be obnoxious with it. Make sure to include everybody else constantly. [I won't] seclude myself with that person 24/7 because that just creates a massive target on my back. I'm not going in there to find one. I'd rather have a couple of allies and then have something develop with another person. 

Will you be wary of what you say on camera? Will you hook up with your showmance even though cameras are watching?

(Laughs). I am aware. I will have some family and friends watching so I will stay away from anything too physical. But I am a man. Instincts take over sometimes. And I do try to tame my tongue. It's one thing to be out with the buddies, but it's another thing to be around other people and be exposed. Nobody likes a sailor mouth. 

What types of people will you align with? Who will you not align with?

I consider myself an alpha male, a leader, strong. So there's probably going to be a couple of other guys like that as well. If I could align with one of them that would be great. But when you're an alpha male it's either you're with me or you're against me. I imagine there's going to be a little bit of dividing in the house and I just got to make sure I pick a good team to rally behind me. It's always good to have a couple of girls in your group too.

How will you make it to the end?

I may have a target on my back at first.

Why is that?

The country accent, and physically good shape. I'm a strong, vocal leader and present myself well. Those three things are very threatening to other males and some girls. People may not like me at first because they're judging me too quick and over time they're going to see a genuinely nice guy who's protecting himself. If it's head of household or veto, I'm definitely going to win that sucker. But if it's any kind of luxury competition, you may throw the towel. 

Why will fans root for you and why might they not?

Fans will like me because they will see that I have a genuineness to me. I'm a very loyal, good guy. Just a family guy. I care about others. I belief the true strength in people is picking them up, not pushing them down. I would consider myself conservative. Some people may not believe the same things I do. I don't believe in hate, that's not right. But just being from the south we see things certain ways. Some people may not agree with those views. And I could come off as arrogant to some at first. I'm very confident. 

You're going to miss the election if you make it far. Do you care?

That's a big election for our country. Missing the election is a big sacrifice. I think we're in a vulnerable spot as a country. We need to come together and look out for each other. I don't have a candidate. Both of them have their flaws. I just hope, more importantly America does what's best for America. 

What will your first diary room session be like? Will you be animated or super laid back like right now?

I believe there's only one way to be and that's be true to who you are. I'll probably be excited, pumped. I've got a lot of layers people may not think of right off the bat. Monte's got some layers to him.

•  

His base for Jason being a threat is the same as how it was last season. He's a returnee. There seems to be something that connects him to Kryssie and Neeley. This adds a target on him but to be honest  I've not heard anything concrete that I'd consider a threat. 

I like him but not not a fan of some of the people he's trust and there has been some odd things said by him.  

10 hours ago, Moonpetal said:

His base for Jason being a threat is the same as how it was last season. He's a returnee. There seems to be something that connects him to Kryssie and Neeley. This adds a target on him but to be honest  I've not heard anything concrete that I'd consider a threat. 

I like him but not not a fan of some of the people he's trust and there has been some odd things said by him.  

I voted for Jason to come back in but he came in the house really loud and talks about his season and how to play BB incessantly. He just smokes and talks and smokes and talks. I have no problem with him leaving. I was hoping he would learn from his last season to tone it down but I guess not. 

3 hours ago, Marty said:

I voted for Jason to come back in but he came in the house really loud and talks about his season and how to play BB incessantly. He just smokes and talks and smokes and talks. I have no problem with him leaving. I was hoping he would learn from his last season to tone it down but I guess not. 

Agree Marty. It's to bad Jozea didn't get voted back as he'd have given us at least a weeks worth of smoke free "over the top" entertainment before he got booted out. 

On 10/1/2016 at 8:20 AM, Marty said:

Oh I totally agree but I don't see how it makes him a threat. 

I didnt want to see any returnees this season but Jason is far better than Jozea. Sorry not down with him saying he can call any gal a bitch because he's gay. 

Marty- I did see the whole bloated ego in the diary session last night. It's hard to tell if he's just that self pumped or if maybe he watched a season with a guy that acted that way and he thinks it is how all guys like him should act. 

I do like him. I don't really dislike anyone this season though there are a few I could do without. 

He seems to understand that his side won't always have power and at least until it happens he seems ok knowing (guess he has a good read on things, no clue)  that America will put him up. Now he is basing it off him putting Jason up. 

We shall see. I'd like to see the ego deflate because I do think he's a nice guy.

Reminds me of a combo of Jessie and Caleb. 

He made comments the last few days if he is on the street Justin or Danielle might stab him with a knife

He said he runs over squirrels for fun

He said Justin is Bayou trash

He had constantly talked about he lives in a different world then the "misfits" and he would not live that kind of life

He made that comment about Justin might have stolen his nice clothes. (not a good thing to stay to a black person)

Not a day went by where he didn't talk about Jason not being respectful and he always had that holier then thou.

Glad to see him gone. 

18 hours ago, blehbleh said:

Did you see in his eviction interview when asked by Julie who he thought were sisters and he said Neely and Danielle? Yikes. 

Not suprised. That guy ugh