Perception

PhatDaddyG

Well therein lies the problem - you SHOULD have had a problem with my original post, seeing as I used it to prove your ideas on perception are shallow and unfounded. For you to NOT have a problem with my post means you're completely ignoring the substance of my argument. That's very disrespectful to ignore other posters, tell them you weren't talking to them if they disagree with you, and then continue to insist on getting your way.

And yes, the Dr. Phil argument was meant to be somewhat provocative - you SHOULD also have had a problem with somebody telling you you have issues. Period.

PS Anybody who isn't able to see that your apologies are inappropriate and under the circumstances needs to take a deeper look for substance over form because you've got a substantial amount of repressed aggression that I picked up on a couple of posts before you admitted you're capable of battering women.

PPS Last time I checked, you only received one thank you for deleting that that thread. And she wasn't thanking you for having the thread deleted because it prevented her from posting attacks at other people - she was thanking you for having the thread deleted because she introduced personal information which she later regretted making public and was perhaps too embarrassed to ask that it be removed.

Sam, I'm sorry I looked at your first post about this topic and I guess to me it looks like you were agreeing with me on what I said.

Here is your first post.

That's so true - are you a middle child or something (ha ha - because you understand both sides and like to referee )

I think part of the problem is that you can't always tell what situations are just a matter of perception/opinion/personal bias, and what situations are objectively true.

Like for example, people always comment on my 'enthusiasm' or hyperactivity. The only people who don't and think my energy levels are 'normal' are other hyperactive people. So part of that is just a matter of perspective because it's based on that person's own relative level of hyperactivity. BUT the objective truth is that both of us are in fact exceptionally hyperactive, so for me to argue against a 'normal' person that I am not hyperactive because another hyperactive person doesn't think that I am would be objectively wrong, wouldn't it?

So is it just a matter of perspective to say the nerd herd bashing was worse than the S6 bashing, or is it possible to say the nerd herd bashing was worse and be objectively right? IE Maybe the people who can't tell that the nerd herd bashing was worse have something wrong with them - a Bashing Deficit Disorder (BDD) if you will?

Summary: Aren't S6 supporters right and S6 bashers wrong?

Further more on your second post you are still agreeing with me or do I have it wrong?

Okay, now I know what's missing in this very accurate analysis - I thought maybe it was confusing subjective reality with objective truth, but I think what's missing is any discussion of value judgment. It's great to be accepting of people and say that there is no right and wrong, but the fact is that sometimes there is a right and wrong - especially when it comes to interpersonal conflict and invading another person's boundaries. The examples you give above aren't so much a matter of differences in 'perception' because we are all perceiving the same events, it's more a matter of differences in value judgment (unless somebody is in fact misperceiving a person's facial cues and body language due to personal bias, in which case their perception is in fact wrong)

The example you gave of in another thread of having biased perception when it comes to supporting our team (either S6 or friendship) was probably a better example of a matter that is largely perception. However if anybody were to ever sit down and count the number of bashing incidents attributable to both the S6 and friendship then that would be a quantifiable objective truth. The difficult part of arriving at the quantifiable objective truth however is in finding a universally agreed upon definition of what constitutes 'bashing' - this is where the value judgments would come in.

Great thought-provoking post Phat!

So I guess I'm a little confused. I don't mind if you disagree with something I have said, that's fine it's your opinion. I am apologizing to you because I genuinely liked you for your posts. I thought they were excellent posts and I have never had any issue with any of your posts. I guess I had considered you a friend and when friends get angry with one another they apologize and hope that all can be forgiven. I guess I should have never assumed that position with you. My bad. I will move on now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is everyone bashing phatdaddy...what did you do... ??? Boy phat you even have Ginger on your back. rarely does she ever come out with the claws.

I have a problem with pompous posters who tend to look down on other posters and then say how they value everyone else's opinion while sticking it to them.

Yeah, and he just did it again.

Sorry but I meant Sam was the one with the Uni Textbooks. I know that is why I quoted you, that comment was funny

I think you also meant to say 'I rarely like your comments'. That was my mistake I agree,

I think we have all grown weary from the typing

:mellow:

Look I gave you a compliment...deal with it. Unlike some of your... trying to be Philosophical comments...this is the one that made me laugh. It wasn't racist nor bias. It was sarcastic and just plain funny.

Im not sure if avoiding confrontation is such a bad thing when it comes to you SamtheCat because you are armed with University Social Worker textbooks and that means we have to listen to that Neo-80s crapola from your books.

Bleck.

Okay, okay - duly noted. Nobody likes a Dr. Phil wannabe!

PS Don't have any Uni Social Worker textbooks . . . it's all me baby! :o:blink:

Do you really think that is the reason why some of us have grown weary? :rolleyes:

You are definitely a case study for those uni textbooks you talk about.

I have a problem with pompous posters who tend to look down on other posters and then say how they value everyone else's opinion while sticking it to them.

Reeks of Denim if you ask me.

Dont let it get to you. I like the way you are handling it though. I realized, there are a lot of sour grapes who post here.

Okay, okay - duly noted. Nobody likes a Dr. Phil wannabe!

PS Don't have any Uni Social Worker textbooks . . . it's all me baby! :o:blink:

I always knew you didn't have to consult textbooks or google your answers (not like some other posters-but I won't mention names.) :)

how would you know .. im on your Ignore list.

:o

Don't flatter yourself - you're on my "scroll down the page until I get past Shock's looooong, booooring, idioooootic rants list - and maybe have a laugh or two as I scan his egotistical, self-righteous, boorish words." :rolleyes:

Sorry but I meant Sam was the one with the Uni Textbooks.

I think you also meant to say 'I rarely like your comments'.

I think we have all grown weary from the typing

:mellow:

Oh please do not start correcting other people's posts, Shock! I could spend hours correcting your bad grammar, run-on sentences and spelling.............but this is a message board - not a term paper. I think we all know what Sparklet meant. ;)

Can someone post cliff notes to this thread. Maybe 2 or 3 paragraphs at the most? :unsure:

Thanks,

P.S. I know I'm not the only one who hates to read the long posts... :P

You're definitely not the only one. Some people just can't get enough of themselves, though - hence the posting of the mini novellas. :rolleyes:

You're definitely not the only one. Some people just can't get enough of themselves, though - hence the posting of the mini novellas. :rolleyes:

HEY !!!! I posted 1 long post and now everyone is a critic

:lol::lol::lol::P j/k Sorry I couldn't resist!....continue...

LMAO Too funny that in an attempt to rip people about their spelling you make yourself look like a condescending idiot.

Good Job Snaps, I needed a laugh and it's on you.

:o Forget an S out of all that and OMG you've been made to look like a condescending idiot Ginger :o

get over yourself so she missed an S, read the rest of her post

Archived