Big Brother "Over The Top" Starts this Fall, Right After BB18

It's TRUE! The next season of Big Brother will start this FALL, only on CBS All Access. 

The Hollywood Reporter confirmed today that Big Brother 19 will begin not long after the season-18 finale, which is slated for September 21. BB19 will run 10 weeks, slightly shorter than a normal season. It will be an expansion of the franchise and will not replace the annual summer season of Big Brother, which will continue to air on the flagship CBS network, according to a knowledgeable source. Remember, you won't be able to watch BB19 without CBS All Access, so what are you waiting for, get your free trial started now!

Want to be part of the Big Brother cast?

They’re actively casting for BB19 so get over there, submit your application, I'd like nothing more to see a fan of Morty's TV in the Big Brother house.

There's no word on whether it's Julie or Jeff hosting.

So what about Morty's coverage? I'm not kidding when I say I'm getting old and not in the best of health.  During Big Brother Canada we did not get enough help to continue our Social Media coverage of the event, and there were gaps in our daily coverage.  For Big Brother 18, we have more readers than ever before, and Big Brother, in general, is hotter than ever, however, we have a shortage of updaters.  

The team and I just got the confirmation of fall debut of Big Brother 19 and we'll have to talk about how we can tackle this added challenge.  As a huge fan of Big Brother, I'll be watching BB19, and I hope we'll all be watching together.

• morty pinned and featured this topic

And once again the loyal viewers in Canada get screwed out of being able to watch the season, without having to resort to "questionable" means to get CBS All Access. I don't even blame CBS. It's our cable providers (Bell and Rogers) that stop CBS from being able to give us access. They have the rights for broadcasts of all the shows on CBS and stop them from being able to give us access directly.

Since the only way to see this version of BB is thru All Access, this is CBS's way to try to keep the BB feed watchers paying for it. BB fans are probably a big percentage of their All Access subscriptions for the three summer months and they would love to keep those people paying that monthly fee. I know that I would have no reason to pay them every month just to watch their regular shows.

3 hours ago, straykat said:

Since the only way to see this version of BB is thru All Access, this is CBS's way to try to keep the BB feed watchers paying for it. BB fans are probably a big percentage of their All Access subscriptions for the three summer months and they would love to keep those people paying that monthly fee. I know that I would have no reason to pay them every month just to watch their regular shows.

This is probably part of a larger plan by CBS. I suspect, they will be looking to see if it is profitable to have reality programming that will be for online viewing only. There have been lots of news stories about people cutting the cable. This will help BB and other networks gauge how successful they can be in expanding programming to internet only viewers. 

Personally, I hope the fall version is different from the summer version. I hope they use a different host, producer, and be more creative with games and challenges. 

On 8/3/2016 at 0:36 PM, stevea11 said:

So, am I correct that BB19 will not be on regular TV in the US.

It hasn't been said, but I'm thinking they'll have something on POP.

The whole idea of putting in on All Access isn't that it'll be immediately  profitable they're using it to build a brand, but with the numbers CBS gets from live feed subscribers, BB19 will operate at a loss, so I'm thinking they'll try to make the most of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm already paying for All Access, I am interested in a BB show only on All Access. I'm happy to hear there will be one.  Being able to see the competitions live will be great. Since the show won't be on TV, there's no reason not to show them live.  Looking forward to this. 

• 2 weeks later...

What is the cost for All Access? I can't find an answer online without going through "free trial" setup.  Thanks been a long time since I have been able to watch live feeds so can't remember what it use to run a month.  With hubby now deceased, got to watch the ole purse strings. :)

On August 2, 2016 at 2:21 PM, morty said:

It's TRUE! The next season of Big Brother will start this FALL, only on CBS All Access. 

The Hollywood Reporter confirmed today that Big Brother 19 will begin not long after the season-18 finale, which is slated for September 21. BB19 will run 10 weeks, slightly shorter than a normal season. It will be an expansion of the franchise and will not replace the annual summer season of Big Brother, which will continue to air on the flagship CBS network, according to a knowledgeable source. Remember, you won't be able to watch BB19 without CBS All Access, so what are you waiting for, get your free trial started now!

Want to be part of the Big Brother cast?

They’re actively casting for BB19 so get over there, submit your application, I'd like nothing more to see a fan of Morty's TV in the Big Brother house.

There's no word on whether it's Julie or Jeff hosting.

So what about Morty's coverage? I'm not kidding when I say I'm getting old and not in the best of health.  During Big Brother Canada we did not get enough help to continue our Social Media coverage of the event, and there were gaps in our daily coverage.  For Big Brother 18, we have more readers than ever before, and Big Brother, in general, is hotter than ever, however, we have a shortage of updaters.  

The team and I just got the confirmation of fall debut of Big Brother 19 and we'll have to talk about how we can tackle this added challenge.  As a huge fan of Big Brother, I'll be watching BB19, and I hope we'll all be watching together.

Do you know if they will have live feeds for the Canadian fans for BB19 - I'll be more than happy to post for you if I could get the feed. I'm so disappointed that they won't let us get the feed for 18 or I would post for that too . Take care ✌️