Big Brother General Discussion

Slowpoke

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Newby said:

I am a new poster and have a question.  It looks like the HGs can post on their Twitter accounts.  I was just reading some of Nicole's and they are dated during the summer months while they are in the house.  I don't really know anything about Twitter but I thought the HGs couldn't have any contact with the outside world.  Thanks.

I also thought no contact outside house.

24 minutes ago, Slowpoke said:

I've never understood why other HGs use the HOH shower.

I can understand if they want to soak / bubble bath in the tub... but why drag all your stuff up there for the shower?

For the added privacy maybe? 

If I was in the BB house and won HOH, I'd be stingy with my room! I won that comp and all the immendies, you have no business in my room unless invited! With the exception of my "best friend" in the house, no one is going to have the luxury of coming in the room without knocking or using the room while I am not in there! 

5 hours ago, Newby said:

I am a new poster and have a question.  It looks like the HGs can post on their Twitter accounts.  I was just reading some of Nicole's and they are dated during the summer months while they are in the house.  I don't really know anything about Twitter but I thought the HGs couldn't have any contact with the outside world.  Thanks.

Is it possible someone (family? friends?) have access to her account and are posting for her??

B/c I, too, thought they had no ability to communicate with anyone out of the house -- let alone have access to a cell phone.

Pretty sure someone is posting for her. Most have someone do that for them. 

Ugh almost caught up. I think they will have a few more "who should go" convos. They seem really conflicted. James seem set on Vic. Nicole has no clue. Corey has been just weighing pros and cons. 

I really dont don't want to see Paul at final 4 but that's more personal than game.

17 hours ago, carmen said:

Haha yes they probably do.

But do you know who would have it even more?  Corey & Nicole. 

My only reason for continuing to watch this train wreck of a season is

to see those two lose before final three OR lose to whoever one of them is sitting next to

in the final two. Corey I can't stand, but if he's sitting next to Nicole he's probably going to win.

I also don't like Paul but if he makes it to final two next to Nicole OR Corey, I think he should win

since he clearly played a better game than either of them.

Victor trumps everyone.

James will beat everyone but Victor -- but I admit it might not be b/c he played a better game but b/c

he's more "likeable" by the jury and that will cloud their judgment.

Corey beats only Nicole.

Paul beats Nicole or Corey.

And Nicole beats no one.  Unless the jury transforms more than any other jury in the history of BB.

LOL.  Reading your post...I couldn't disagree more.  I actually think Nicole has it locked up.  If she makes final two.  Hell, even Natalie said she thinks she will win and probably vote for her unless James is up there.

Just now, BBMike said:

LOL.  Reading your post...I couldn't disagree more.  I actually think Nicole has it locked up.  If she makes final two.  Hell, even Natalie said she thinks she will win and probably vote for her unless James is up there.

Laughing because I just posted this in another thread, not at you or your opinion.

If Nicole makes it to F2, the only reason she will not win is because of a mostly woman/jealous jury.  I am a woman, and I know how catty women can be.  Any day of the week I would rather have men around me, because they (well, most of them) do not hold on to petty gripes like women do.  Sad really, when most of them claim to want to se a woman win this year.  But in a nutshell, they only want themselves to have won.  Hypocrites to the end.  Especially nasty Meech, Gnat and Bridge.  Will be funny to see the votes IF Nic is in F2...

I have been wondering why some of these rankings were what they were. I do believe Victor wins it over everyone, but he will be evicted soon so he is moot. That leaves me with...

#1 James- probably a 50/50 with Nicole. Bitter jury, his likeability, and loyalty makes him the favorite.

#2 Nicole- bitter jury possibility knocks her down. She still had played a complete game and has the I have never been on the block feather also.

#3 Corey- this late run against minimal contestants, is impressive except, not so much.

#4 Paul was in the same spot Victor was till the calling Meech a c**t. This fact I think will echo with the female jury and I say he can't win.

I think your assessment sounds about right.....James as the favored, so would win against any of them. I think Nicole played a smart game, how can you argue against her success, she is still there. I am not understanding why she is not more popular when she clearly has the best manners and class (as far as the language, swearing etc). James is a good guy, I really hope that he is over Natalie, she is the most despicable, user person. It was horrible how she led James on, with no real attraction to him. She was throwing herself at every guy in the house, disgusting! How embarrassing for her family to watch, she should be ashamed of her behavior. Paul blew it completely when he called Meesh the C word....he can not win. What an awful thing to do, and ridiculous way to lose the game, again embarrassing for family. The swearing, in general, during the after dark show is horrible and trashy. I have not heard Nicole swear, and James and Corey are minimal, but the rest are trashy talkers and it's not acceptable. Despite the language, I do like victor, but he hasn't played good enough to not get evicted, he has been twice, he is just good at comps. I personally do not think it's fair to the people in the house for them to get to come back once evicted, it puts people in an unfair situation. A person gives up part of their game strategy to evict someone as HOH but they have to risk it to get someone out, only for them to come right back and send you out.....why would anyone want to be HOH and become a target.....until later, like Corey did? I would vote for Nicole to win it all, James second...... That's not how it will go though

Ho-hum.  As much as I complain about some of the objectionable behavior of some of the house guests each year, I always end up coming back each year and getting hooked again.  My favorite season probably was the first time around with Kaysar and Janelle.

At any rate, I was kind of bummed today when there was no news coming out of the house.  I know everything will be back to normal tomorrow night.  But, I think I got a little sad because it's symbolic of what's coming in a week.  The game will be over and my summer friend will be gone.  I've been through a lot since the inception of BB.  Relationships and jobs have come and gone.  But BB is there every summer and Morty's right along with it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to Morty and all of the posters prior to the season ending for being a part of one of my annual guilty pleasure and providing intelligent, spirited conversation.  Cheers.

I haven't seen Nicole do anything except hang out with Corey and suck up to the Paulie ego.  She may not have been on the block

but that isn't due to any brilliance on her part (she slipped through, it happens sometimes).

It's actually more pro-woman to not feel like you have to vote for someone just b/c they are a woman. 

The argument that the other women on the jury have said they want to see a woman win BB does not mean they

should cast a vote for a female just b/c she is female.  That, to me, is just sad.  Maybe pathetic.  (The flip of this is

that it's equally unfair for the women to refuse to credit a woman based just on gender, jealousy, or whatever).

If Nicole makes it to final two (and she stacked the deck big time against herself by choosing to "work" with Paul and Victor

over Natalie and James) and actually wins BB I will likely see that as the women on the jury giving it to her just on the basis

of gender rather than on true merit.  To be fair, if James wins against Victor or Paul, I will say the same thing -- only for him

it will be b/c the jury just likes him more and not b/c he deserves it (and I LIKE James).  James played a much better game

the first time around.

10 hours ago, PrincessWhiteTrash said:

If Nicole makes it to F2, the only reason she will not win is because of a mostly woman/jealous jury.  I am a woman, and I know how catty women can be.  Any day of the week I would rather have men around me, because they (well, most of them) do not hold on to petty gripes like women do.  Sad really, when most of them claim to want to se a woman win this year.  But in a nutshell, they only want themselves to have won.  Hypocrites to the end.  Especially nasty Meech, Gnat and Bridge.  Will be funny to see the votes IF Nic is in F2...

Isn't it so sad that most women are so catty.  Why can't women be joyful and supportive of other women's success.  I don't understand it.

Let's hope BB gets some kick a-- women next season.   That would be fun.

5 hours ago, carmen said:

If Nicole makes it to final two (and she stacked the deck big time against herself by choosing to "work" with Paul and Victor

over Natalie and James) and actually wins BB I will likely see that as the women on the jury giving it to her just on the basis

of gender rather than on true merit.  To be fair, if James wins against Victor or Paul, I will say the same thing -- only for him

it will be b/c the jury just likes him more and not b/c he deserves it (and I LIKE James).  James played a much better game

the first time around.

I agree with you. James hasn't played a very good game. He was my favorite coming in, and I hope he rallies and redeems himself, but as it stands right now, I do not believe he deserves to win. He made two completely boneheaded and amateurish mistake that was just inexplicable. First one was when he threw Nat under the bus and then second, sitting around for a week without talking with Nic about the Meech vote.

Of the vets, Nic has played the better game. However, I don't think she can win unless she clearly out performs whoever she might face in a F2. If she wants to win, she will need Corey to get evicted. That could happen if Paul wins the next HOH. If Corey is gone, and Nic picks up a couple more wins, she will have enough wins to overwhelm any of the other folks in the house. However, if the person she faces gets 3 or four victories in the final days, and make the number of comp wins comparable, they will beat Nic.      

7 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

Ho-hum.  As much as I complain about some of the objectionable behavior of some of the house guests each year, I always end up coming back each year and getting hooked again.  My favorite season probably was the first time around with Kaysar and Janelle.

At any rate, I was kind of bummed today when there was no news coming out of the house.  I know everything will be back to normal tomorrow night.  But, I think I got a little sad because it's symbolic of what's coming in a week.  The game will be over and my summer friend will be gone.  I've been through a lot since the inception of BB.  Relationships and jobs have come and gone.  But BB is there every summer and Morty's right along with it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to Morty and all of the posters prior to the season ending for being a part of one of my annual guilty pleasure and providing intelligent, spirited conversation.  Cheers.

I was thinking the same thing.  I am having withdrawal symptoms and it season isn't even over.  I look forward every morning to reading the happenings of the day and night before with my coffee pot at my side.  I'm so glad I found this site.

First time poster...I just wanted to say how much I appreciate Mortys TV and all the posters that give of their time and the information shared. This is my "Summer thing", and I love it!! Yesterday, our TV broke. Ugh! I sat and read the updates to my husband as we sat quietly in the Living Room. I'm so Thankful for this site.

12 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

Season 6... My favorite also.  LOVED Janelle and Kaysar.  I wish they would have been F2.  Am I the oldest, or does anyone else remember when the HOH was down stairs... you know, one story???  Things have gotten way too predictable.  (Except what we may be seeing these next 9 or so days)...  I really wish they would shake things up.  I made a suggestion a while back about an all girls, or an all guys cast... but we'll see.  Another poster had a GREAT idea of America voting on Punishment Packages instead of care packages.  (I'm sorry, I can not recall who came up with that, but excellent in my opinion.).  

These 20 somethings, I am guessing, never even saw the first few seasons.  Heck, they were probably babies.  I would love the idea also of putting more cast members in, and give America a vote also, just to keep them guessing.  

Does anyone also remember when America voted on who to send out, or am I just THAT old????

12 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

completely agree with this - thank you Morty - thank you to ALL of you - this site makes my summer every year - I watch every episode and read the site every day even when BB is not airing! - thank you all including all of the posters - your posts, conversations and humor are a welcome gift - many many thanks to all!

2 hours ago, PrincessWhiteTrash said:

Season 6... My favorite also.  LOVED Janelle and Kaysar.  I wish they would have been F2.  Am I the oldest, or does anyone else remember when the HOH was down stairs... you know, one story???  Things have gotten way too predictable.  (Except what we may be seeing these next 9 or so days)...  I really wish they would shake things up.  I made a suggestion a while back about an all girls, or an all guys cast... but we'll see.  Another poster had a GREAT idea of America voting on Punishment Packages instead of care packages.  (I'm sorry, I can not recall who came up with that, but excellent in my opinion.).  

These 20 somethings, I am guessing, never even saw the first few seasons.  Heck, they were probably babies.  I would love the idea also of putting more cast members in, and give America a vote also, just to keep them guessing.  

Does anyone also remember when America voted on who to send out, or am I just THAT old????

I want an all girls cast too.

6 hours ago, PrincessWhiteTrash said:

Wow,  America was able to vote who goes out?!!  Love that.  Bring that back.

8 hours ago, PrincessWhiteTrash said:

I'm with you, Princess as I remember those things too. The house was on one level, the small HOH room was just that with no private bathroom. They had a vegetable garden in the back yard and chickens. They had an old fashioned wringer type washing machine to wash their clothes. The live feed was free and on AOL (I wonder how many remember AOL?). A few years ago I went back and watched the first couple episodes of season 1 - - each house guest was driven up to the front of the house in an SUV and greeted by Julie as they got out. Neither the HG nor Julie seemed to sure about what to say or do next.

Yes, America did the voting so it was more of a popularity contest than survival depending on skill and/or strategy. But the show has evolved in to what it is today. After 17 years it has a loyal following (many old timers like me) while appealing to new, younger viewers too. The show's ratings remain high and it has been renewed for two more summers. The producers has found a formula that is working and they're not going to change it.

No matter how unhappy I might get with certain things about the show I view it as entertainment ... it sure ain't real life ... and I do find it entertaining!  :D