Jump to content
morty

Paul Abrahamian - BB18 Runner-Up!!! (& Final HoH)

Recommended Posts

Ok..I get it.  Not sure how I missed the Paul was the target thing...but...

 

You know from watching that James was going to drop the alliance with Corey and Nicole as soon as he could.  He wanted a final three of James Natalie and Michelle.  He was never going to honor that final four with Nicole.

 

Even though the target changed to get rid of Michelle instead of Paul, that was the best move for Nicole to stay in the house...and she kept her word to keep James and Natalie safe.  When did she ever ever give the inclination that she would keep Michelle safe.  I am sorry but I just think that James is just as wrong and should not have been blindsided.  He even refused to talk to Nicole and kept telling Michelle to go do it herself.

 

In the end, I think the right person went home.  I am rooting for the current final four to make it to that point.  I haven't enjoyed James game all season, and gnat gnat is very sneaky and fake as well.  Some of the feed updates I have read from yesterday have Natalie talking about things with her and James that would point to her being possibly sincere, but...I still have my doubts.   Only time will tell on that front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think James is sincere but got caught up.  By the time he realized how caught up he was with Natalie and how much she had effected his game moves it was too late. He knows. And Natalie just did the smart thing.  Early in the game she hitched her ride to someone she knew could take her further.  She saw how other people respected James and how much he knew about the game.  She played up to him and stroked the idea that there could be more than friendship.  It seems like James kept thinking he had more time to fix things.  But, time ran out.  I hope Natalie goes home this week instead of James.  However James needs to put his game in overdrive.  Win veto and start doing some manipulating.  Don't just sit in bed with Natalie all day.  Don't go out like this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Keepittogether said:

I think James is sincere but got caught up.  By the time he realized how caught up he was with Natalie and how much she had effected his game moves it was too late. He knows. And Natalie just did the smart thing.  Early in the game she hitched her ride to someone she knew could take her further.  She saw how other people respected James and how much he knew about the game.  She played up to him and stroked the idea that there could be more than friendship.  It seems like James kept thinking he had more time to fix things.  But, time ran out.  I hope Natalie goes home this week instead of James.  However James needs to put his game in overdrive.  Win veto and start doing some manipulating.  Don't just sit in bed with Natalie all day.  Don't go out like this...

Yes, yes, and Yes!  I sure hope James puts up a good fight, and does not go out with anything but 5k, and a broken heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 29, 2016 at 5:51 PM, Slimcruz said:

Have no idea what I did wrong above.  Was trying to quote Princess White Trash.  Funny stuff.  I laughed.

Well thank you!  Don't know which post you were referring to, but I'll take it!  According to some on here I have no sense of humor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Marty said:

Paul throwing around the C word again today in telling his stories to Nicole. I know she hates that word. Her eyes got weird and she left the room shortly after. 

 

Nicole is really nervous today and shaking and she said her stomach is sick. I think she is worried about what her parents think, what American thinks and how James will feel when he is back-stabbed today. Part of the game I know but just mentioning I think Nicole is having a hard time with it. 

Must say, Paul is so very shrewd.  Remember how he told Vic to say things to upset people before comps?  Well saying C word, he knows, Nic hates.  And so that was his intent.  Throw her off balance so that she is more easily controlled.

 

  As Alinsky said in Rules for Radicals (in my words) throw everything you know that will upset them as that is when you can control them.  Works for societies and people. 

 

  Can't stand him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's following Paulie's game play with that strategy. 

 

I'm surprise it even works in the house. It's so obvious when it's done right before a comp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's just me but I love that Paul gets so paranoid every week that him and Vic are not in power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Moonpetal said:

Paranoid Paul is a lot more fun than power Paul. 

 

exactly! I loved that he was pacing the floor last night and this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Moonpetal said:

Paranoid Paul is a lot more fun than power Paul. 

Either one is still loud, vulgar  and obnoxious. 

While Vic is a comp beast, I'd be very happy if he took the veto and this Rasputin wanna be was sent packin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, crzyc1 said:

Rasputin wanna be hahahahahahahaha.........so accurate. Yeah would be so funny if they sent him packing.

 

 

ditto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really want to see Paul gone. He's just so foul. There's no denying he's done exceptional in the game but goodness his mouth and aggressive actions toward women is just disgusting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well sadly Paul is kind of the norm out here.  I live in Los Angeles and there is a certain amount of entitlement in some of the younger generation that have grown up in certain areas.  I'll just leave it at that without calling certain areas or nationalities out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keepittogether said:

Well sadly Paul is kind of the norm out here.  I live in Los Angeles and there is a certain amount of entitlement in some of the younger generation that have grown up in certain areas.  I'll just leave it at that without calling certain areas or nationalities out.

 

The younger generation. I have 4 young adult nephews that live at home and don't work and smoke pot all day. They all have cell phones, game counsels, TV's, cars you name it. Do a chore for your parents once in a while and you get everything. Their friends in late 20's and early 30's live on parents gravy train. Sad 

 

Yep I live in California 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Northern/Central Cali. A lot different than So Cal. My son is 21. He's nothing like what I see with his generation. Then again there's no way we would put up with that crap. 

These kids have no clue what hard work and earning money means. 

 

What I can't figure out is where all this belittling women comes from?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2016 at 5:30 PM, Marty said:

 

The younger generation. I have 4 young adult nephews that live at home and don't work and smoke pot all day. They all have cell phones, game counsels, TV's, cars you name it. Do a chore for your parents once in a while and you get everything. Their friends in late 20's and early 30's live on parents gravy train. Sad 

 

Yep I live in California 

OMG....I have a nephew like that too...on the east coast.  It's everywhere with that generation and no idea how it got that way.  Terrible.  I have a son and daughter and working very hard for that not to happen in my house.  sometimes no matter what you do, some things just happen.  But I have not given up.

 

I think some of these parents that this happens to are the "not my kid" thing.

 

Also, the whole everyone gets a trophy in sports is the wrong message.  Winning is important, don't pretend it is not.  You have to learn to work hard for things, not just have handed to you.  No one let's their kids fail anymore.  Too many parents make threats or favors and such so that their kid gets to be in something they probably shouldn't be.  Failure is going to happen, learn to deal with it and try harder next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BBMike said:

Also, the whole everyone gets a trophy in sports is the wrong message.  Winning is important, don't pretend it is not.  You have to learn to work hard for things, not just have handed to you.  No one let's their kids fail anymore.  Too many parents make threats or favors and such so that their kid gets to be in something they probably shouldn't be.  Failure is going to happen, learn to deal with it and try harder next time.

1

Despite what people seem to imply, the so-called participation" trophy was not some recent invention or new practice. I was born in 1962, my brother 1961. Every sport we participated in, up through junior hs, everyone got a trophy. Then the MVP, Best offensive/defensive player, etc got trophies that were a little bigger. I don't really know about your town, but, I believe that was the case in many many towns across America. And, participation trophies didn't seem to ruin any of the guys that I grew up with. I suspect that, if you went back and counted, the number of people from my age group that volunteered and went into military service and the number that actually stayed and retired, was above average. Although I agree that kids today seem to be lazier and less ambitious than previous generations, I do not think it has anything to do with "participation trophies".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Paul for someone who does not know the game he has learned pretty quick.  This is a game and I think if he is in the final 2 he has a shot of winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joystiick said:

Despite what people seem to imply, the so-called participation" trophy was not some recent invention or new practice. I was born in 1962, my brother 1961. Every sport we participated in, up through junior hs, everyone got a trophy. Then the MVP, Best offensive/defensive player, etc got trophies that were a little bigger. I don't really know about your town, but, I believe that was the case in many many towns across America. And, participation trophies didn't seem to ruin any of the guys that I grew up with. I suspect that, if you went back and counted, the number of people from my age group that volunteered and went into military service and the number that actually stayed and retired, was above average. Although I agree that kids today seem to be lazier and less ambitious than previous generations, I do not think it has anything to do with "participation trophies".  

I was born in 1966 in NYC.  Not one participation trophy ever.  1,2,3 for individual events, team sports, first and second only.

I understand your point though, and can't argue against it.  I know these type of rants are always the best.  I don't truly believe that is what caused our problems, but see it as an example based on my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BBMike said:

OMG....I have a nephew like that too...on the east coast.  It's everywhere with that generation and no idea how it got that way.  Terrible.  I have a son and daughter and working very hard for that not to happen in my house.  sometimes no matter what you do, some things just happen.  But I have not given up.

 

I think some of these parents that this happens to are the "not my kid" thing.

 

Also, the whole everyone gets a trophy in sports is the wrong message.  Winning is important, don't pretend it is not.  You have to learn to work hard for things, not just have handed to you.  No one let's their kids fail anymore.  Too many parents make threats or favors and such so that their kid gets to be in something they probably shouldn't be.  Failure is going to happen, learn to deal with it and try harder next time.

You mention your children.  I have 2 adult children and 3 grandkids.  IMO the thing that helped my kids and now grandkids to develop into successful, productive, respectful adults is to keep them active in sports.  It takes a lot of time and often money as parents are always running someone to a practice somewhere.  Also my daughter, in addition to sports, was in the band.  Both kids put themselves thru college and one also law school.  My grandkids all play basketball.

 

In sports and other school activities they usually have wonderful strong role models and those activities keep them out of trouble and their minds busy and directed on good things.  AND they were trained to try to win.  Yes, I agree, trying to win and be your best is crucial for child's development. 

 

Sounds like you children will do great in life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, abdala said:

You mention your children.  I have 2 adult children and 3 grandkids.  IMO the thing that helped my kids and now grandkids to develop into successful, productive, respectful adults is to keep them active in sports.  It takes a lot of time and often money as parents are always running someone to a practice somewhere.  Also my daughter, in addition to sports, was in the band.  Both kids put themselves thru college and one also law school.  My grandkids all play basketball.

 

In sports and other school activities they usually have wonderful strong role models and those activities keep them out of trouble and their minds busy and directed on good things.  AND they were trained to try to win.  Yes, I agree, trying to win and be your best is crucial for child's development. 

 

Sounds like you children will do great in life. 

 

My daughter was raised in sports and the Boys and Girls Club where I was a leader of the teenage group. We did fundraisers all the time. I taught my daughter the value of being a volunteer and give back to others at a very young age. Keep them busy. Lead by example and your odds are so much better. 

 

My daughter did not get to go to college but she has worked her way up to an upper level job and does really well financially. 

 

It seems that maybe Meech and Paul and a few others were spoiled. 

 

I see good parenting with Nicole and Corey. 

 

James I don't know the story about his parents except he was adopted. Not sure where they are now in his life. He seems to put a lot of value on respect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marty said:

 

My daughter was raised in sports and the Boys and Girls Club where I was a leader of the teenage group. We did fundraisers all the time. I taught my daughter the value of being a volunteer and give back to others at a very young age. Keep them busy. Lead by example and your odds are so much better. 

 

My daughter did not get to go to college but she has worked her way up to an upper level job and does really well financially. 

 

It seems that maybe Meech and Paul and a few others were spoiled. 

 

I see good parenting with Nicole and Corey. 

 

James I don't know the story about his parents except he was adopted. Not sure where they are now in his life. He seems to put a lot of value on respect. 

Agree with you on all counts.  Seems many millionaires did not go to college.  Success depends on how much effort you are willing to expend and a little luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the point about trophies is participation trophies are fine but there should be a difference for the winners. Many sports have stopped keeping score so as not to hurt feelings. Learning to deal with failure builds character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Paul won POV and he wants to keep the noms Corey and Nicole the same and have James vote out Corey

 

He is all huddled with Nicole for a Final 2 deal. I think he has convinced James he is his final 2 also

 

Nicole and James not talking any game 

 

The final comps will be interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×