What do you all think of another coaches season?

Hello friends at Morty’s,

I’m just settling in for another summer of BB and just saw the confirmed rumors about the coaches happening again. I can already hear everyone threatening to never watch again already. Now I may be in the minority here but I like the THEORY behind coaches, at least once in a while. I understand it takes some of the attention off the actual contestants but it adds a lot of complexity to the game and I enjoyed watching the coaches interact with their teams in the first part of Season 14. UNTIL they made a complete mockery of the whole idea in what I consider the most unfair moment in the history of BB! Dan, down to one team member and on his last legs is given the option to FORCE all four coaches (who are doing much better) into the game. It was an absurd injustice that one coach could simply derail all of the other coaches and reset the game because he was losing. If they had simply offered all of the coaches an individual choice of whether to enter the game or not, I think it would have been a fine twist but I would rather have just kept the coaches as coaches the entire game.

So I actually like the coaches concept but I really hope they don’t ruin it again this season. If they must allow them the option of entering the game, let them all make the choice individually. As for the coaches? Derrick? Oh yes! He is my pick for playing the greatest game of all time and anyone that gets to be on his team is blessed. Vanessa? Also a perfect coach! Her strategic mind has been well proven and she is a natural leader. Two great coach choices! Then we have… Ian? Meh… he won the game sure but never demonstrated that it was much more than luck and being the beneficiary of a bitter jury. I don’t see him as much of a leader and his social skills seem below average. Not the best coach. Then we have… Audrey? Really? AUDREY? What is she going to tell her team? Go spread as many false stories as you can and when you get caught in a lie go crawl in bed and refuse to speak to anyone until you’re evicted? I don’t get this choice at all. CBS obviously is just sending this loose cannon in for more crazy chaos but I feel bad for anyone that gets stuck on her team because her advice could really screw up people’s games. I just don’t get it. They should have saved her for another season. But who knows, maybe she’ll surprise us.

Can't say I'm at all thrilled about this "twist". I don't understand the need for the US version to constantly bring back previous players, as players (let's face it, there's no way they're not going to have them enter the game). Why not just use them as Guest Stars, like the other countries do, and let new people get a shot at the money. There are 10's of thousands of people applying. Surely, there are enough people to fill the stereotypes that cast each year. 

It just smacks of a weak writers room if all they can do is recycle ideas. They could have at least come up with a new way of bringing in previous players. How hard could that be? I think we're just going to be instore for another season of Big Brother. All the usual shots, comps, and drama. Don't get me wrong. I love my BB, but would it kill them to do something original? Our Canadian BB was great this year, and last, and they have a budget less than half of the U.S. version. 

And Audrey...please no...she wasn't even a decent player. Like you said, how can she be a coach? She couldn't handle it when things didn't go her way and acted like a spoiled child. Agree, she's just there for the drama.

I'm with you Marty, though we are a rare breed. I feel like if you find a really fun HG to watch then they are worth bringing back since such a small proportion of new HGs actually turn out to be that entertaining. I also can't think of any returning HGs that I didn't enjoy watching more the second time (okay maybe Janelle). My favorite seasons are returning player seasons (all-stars, season 13 and season 14). I'm looking forward to this season although BB Network is now reporting that the rumors about who is returning and the coaching twist may not be true after all...

Looks like Derrick and Ian have both claimed on Twitter that they are not returning this season so this rumor is kind of falling apart. The other major rumor out there is that Jordan Parhar from BB Canada claims he has sources confirming that Frank (BB14), Nicole (BB16), Da'Vonne (BB17) and James (BB17) are the returnees. I could live with those although I think D'Vonne is kind of a weak choice. Frank was a very polarizing bigger than life character that has been begging for a return though and Nicole was my favorite HG in BB16. And although James was no brilliant strategist, he gained my respect with some ballsy moves last season and also provided some good comic relief so I wouldn't mind seeing him again. I feel like Vanessa and Cody are possibilities too though with their siblings already being in the house and all... who knows at this point but the anticipation is killing me!

Guess you have to mark me up for NOT being a fan of the Coaching Twist.

I think the PTB should let the Newbies play their own game.

And the Coaches seem to get more than their share of camera time during the actual tv shows.

Oh well... I'll watch anyway....

What I find funny about the Coaches twist rumor is that while the reports say it is confirmed it has not been confirmed by CBS.  Also the first list two of the four have been on twitter all the time and have said they are not coming back.  The other list I saw James on twitter just today and doubt he is having someone manage and post on his twitter account.  That tells me that both lists probably isn't accurate.  Also it has come out by CBS that there is a new Sunday competition and Grodner and Meehan say it something they have never done before which tells me that the rumor of coaches my not be 100% accurate.  In the end I am sure there will be returning players I am just not convinced it is actually going to be coaches and the list of the returning players are truly accurate.

On 6/16/2016 at 10:17 AM, Marty said:

I am rare where I like former HG in the game. Looking forward to this season 

B)

Same here Marty!  I enjoy seeing past guests return, and especially when it's someone I like.  I am super excited for tonight :)