Sign in to follow this  
morty

USA Today's Robert Bianco writes: "Karma is on the fini

Win or lose, it's Rob and Amber's Race. And that's the whole problem.

There's no denying that Survivor transplants Rob and Amber have brought a sharper edge and energy to The Amazing Race, which sprints to the finish line Tuesday night with a two-hour finale (CBS, 9 ET/PT). From the opening episode, they've been the team to beat and the team everyone wants to beat.

Like it or not

I enjoyed watching Rob and Amber, they made me laugh, they played a great game, I have to agree with the writer from USA Today.

Guest ranster627

Great article, and it leaves a lot to ponder about the future of TAR!

I found Rob and Amber great for the entertainment value, and really stepping up with a new way of playing, but I am very happy that a team cut out of the cloth of racers I have come to know and respect won!

What I will say, is wow, what a season, I am plum tuckered out to borrow a phrase from the first team eliminated! :wink:

I enjoyed watching Karma come back and agree with the writer on the points of the article, but honestly - I can't stand arrogance and Rob fits that bill. Sorry. Call me what you want. I can take it. :lol:

Great article, Morty. Thanks for sharing. :D:D

I thought Rob and Amber ran a good race. From what I saw of them. They never called each other names or were never disrespectful of each other. But Rob was obnoxious or dismissive of the others at times and that is what made people love him or hate him. It was their race, win or lose. I

I also thought it was a good article. I do agree Tabitha that Rob's arrogance and also total disregard for other peoples feelings is what annoyed me to the point that I just couldn't bring myself to cheer for him. I do believe his conniving has changed the integrity of the race.

Enough already... Rob didn't commit a crime against you or any of the teams. This was a RACE, a COMPETITION... think about sports, in football, they tackle and sack the other players, in hockey they body check and slam each other into the boards.... it's a friggin race people.

Now, if this was a contest for a humanitarian award, then you may have a case.

Get over it.....

Once again... BRAVO to CBS for a fantastic production of TAR 7!

Guest cappy
Who believes in Karma? I dont believe in Karma!

Enough already... Rob didn't commit a crime against you or any of the teams.      This was a RACE, a COMPETITION... think about sports, in football, they tackle and sack the other players, in hockey they body check and slam each other into the boards.... it's a friggin race people. 

Get over it.........

I'm sorry but those of us who happen to agree with the point in the article that said Rob played a game of poor sportsmanship have NOTHING to get over and I for one am tired of hearing that. For weeks those who disagree with the way Romber played have been told to get over it, live with it and so on. Our opinions although the opposite of someone elses are every bit as valid. Rob's style of playing to make the other teams lose may not be what I've become accustomed to on TAR, but just as our opinions are valid, so was his style of play unfortunately. While we were viewed by the Romber fans as whining, the Romber fans appeared to be nothing more than bullies. Thank god this race is over and thank god the most deserving team won.

Please don't take this wrong I'm not trying to say that your opinon doesn't matter or that you should just get over it, but in my opinon the part that makes the biggest difference is you and I are not Rob or Amber, we don't have to like what they did or didn't do. It's not us that has to live with the decisions because we didn't make'em and if Rob and Amber can live with them, then that is there choice to make and they have that right to make it. Its not like they did something that was punishable by law.

Guest ranster627

I always felt that The Amazing Race was more of a Game Show which delved into the contestants a little deeper ... now it seems destined to be just another reality show ...

I hope that the rumoured Family edition brings it back to it's roots and that it becomes the show I used to love. I will check in on it again, but if it just becomes another Survivor, well then I will just watch Survivor ...

The passions that were aroused by this season's antics and the press that resulted, makes me fear for the worst though.