Sign in to follow this  
Catwishes

UCHENNA AND JOYCE (winners)

Guest ranster627

And even with the burden of begging to the end!

Bravo!

I can't believe U/J stayed outside until they paid off their cab driver. I am wondering if it was because they told the cabbie they would pay him or is there a rule we don't know about about stiffing locals?

Personally, with a million dollars on the other side of the gate, I would have bolted and let him chase me down. :D

I can't believe U/J stayed outside until they paid off their cab driver. I am wondering if it was because they told the cabbie they would pay him or is there a rule we don't know about about stiffing locals?

Personally, with a million dollars on the other side of the gate I would have bolted and let him chase me down. :D

there might be a penalty for not paying the cab driver?

Guest ranster627

They would not have been considered arrived without paying ... and they are kind!

party-smiley-006.gifWAY TO GO UCHENNA & JOYCE!!! WOOHOO!!!

party-smiley-020.gifparty-smiley-049.gif

That was a great race! I was rooting for UJ first and Romber 2nd). Gotta go to bed now....drank a lot of wine with a friend of mine while we were watching TAR....be back in the morning for more discussions.... :wink:

Personally' date=' with a million dollars on the other side of the gate I would have bolted and let him chase me down. :D

there might be a penalty for not paying the cab driver?[/quote']

I heard Joyce say about just leaving him and Uchenna said no he couldn't do that, so possibly they could of bolted but he's a man of honor and he couldn't not pay the man. I bet if Romber pulled up they would of bolted and worried about paying him later..lol...

I am so happy they can start there invitro process now...they are going to be wonderful parents someday, even if they have to adopt they said.

who knows what the taxi driver would have done if they would have left. It is a crime punishable by law. Who knows they could have ended up losing all there winnings to the taxi driver because they took off.

Uchenna and Joyce Agu Wins 'Amazing Race'

By DERRIK J. LANG

Associated Press Writer

uchenna_index.jpg

NEW YORK - Rob and Amber who? Married couple Uchenna and Joyce Agu outraced a pair of former "Survivor" contestants and a former prisoner of war and his beauty queen girlfriend to win the seventh edition of CBS' "The Amazing Race" and the $1 million prize. "It's so amazing, if I can use that word," Joyce told The Associated Press while grinning and giggling at the CBS season finale party.

Uchenna, 40, and Joyce, 44, from Houston, lugged boats in London, balanced water jugs on their heads in Africa and weighed complete strangers in Turkey

I said a couple of weeks ago about Andrew from AR 3 being on the radio and saying that Uchenna & Joyce won. He implied that it was one of the contestants that didn't win, but was there for the finale. He said it didn't come from CBS. 

I thought they all had to sign an agreement not to say anything. Wonder if CBS will even look into this.

Guest cappy
The best team won - and the most deserving!

The most deserving is right, but the best team... not happy with that one. Romber gave it their best, once again made it to the finish.

my hat's off to u/j! congratulations on a good race. while i'm disappointed that romber did not win, i cannot say that i'm unhappy that u/j did. they were a good team, who fought hard up until the end. now, i don't agree that the best team won, just MHO, but i do think they deserved to win. they came back from a major deficit to win this thing and i am shocked, but have nothing but respect for them.

CONGRATULATIONS U/J!

Associated Press just posted this picture. Her hair has grown back some.

uj9qh.jpg

In this photo released by CBS, Uchenna and Joyce Agu, winners of CBS' 'The Amazing Race,' celebrate during a party in New York where contestants gathered with their friends and family to watch the show's finale broadcast Tuesday, May 10, 2005. (AP Photo/CBS, David M. Russell)

Guest XandraSkye
my hat's off to u/j!  congratulations on a good race.  while i'm disappointed that romber did not win, i cannot say that i'm unhappy that u/j did.  they were a good team, who fought hard up until the end.  now, i don't agree that the best team won, just MHO, but i do think they deserved to win.  they came back from a major deficit to win this thing and i am shocked, but have nothing but respect for them.

CONGRATULATIONS U/J!

Ditto!

But I will say I was the slightest bit sad Rob and Amber didn't win. I can't wait to see them on Regis & Kelly tomorrow to see what they have to say.

Uchenna & Joyce definitely had luck on their side at the end there, with getting that last flight, at the last second, and then having a cab driver smart enough to ask someone if they smoke Spanish since they were going to Little Havana and knew the shop they were looking for might be written in Spanish. That was the lucky break that totally changed the race for them.

Gee suba i thought you had died when Rob did not win. ALL i can say is that i was on the edge of me seat JUST GO JUST GO pay him later!!!!! I love the winners and hope they put it to good use.. But now ti CBS why can they not do lapes time at the end so we know how far back the other teans are????

nah, it wasn't gonna kill me, but i was screaming at the tv a few times! i may be a huge romber fan, but i'm also a realist and i know that its a tv show. so instead of dying, i'll just wait a few weeks until the wedding and spend my time speculating on how that will all play out!

Guest XandraSkye

I literally gasped when that cab driver asked that man "Do you speak Spanish?" and found out what 'King of the Havanas' meant in spanish and then got the correct directions to the cigar shop and Rob and Amber were totally lost. I knew that was gonna be the defining moment of the race. At that point Rob and Amber still had the tinest bit of a lead and they most likely would of won if they had found the shop quicker.

Congratulations to Uchenna and Joyce!

On a side note...anyone notice the nice package Uchenna had? :wink:

On a side note...anyone notice the nice package Uchenna had?  :wink:

:shock: :rofl

I am so glad that U & J won! :D They were the team to win for me. Although I like R & A, I was happy to see them come in second! And I was so happy to see the other team come in last! Congrats to U & J for winning, not just the race but also with their relationship, they are such a cute couple!

On a side note...anyone notice the nice package Uchenna had?  :wink:

:shock: :rofl

you all know i didnt miss that!!! :D:D:D :shock: :D:D

my hat's off to u/j!  congratulations on a good race.  while i'm disappointed that romber did not win, i cannot say that i'm unhappy that u/j did.  they were a good team, who fought hard up until the end.  now, i don't agree that the best team won, just MHO, but i do think they deserved to win.  they came back from a major deficit to win this thing and i am shocked, but have nothing but respect for them.

CONGRATULATIONS U/J!

:clap

Congrats are in order for Uchenna and Joyce... They were a good team and ran a great race!! I wish them luck with having children, it looks like they would be good parents...

They better send that pilot a nice gift!!

Congratulations to Uchenna & Joyce!!! I'm so happy for them. I think they deserved to win. They showed great sportsman ship by helping others along the way and getting along well with each other. I wish them luck in their pursuit of becoming parents. :D