Sign in to follow this  
Burnt

The race was fixed!

Guest ranster627

and once again ... hear hear! :wink:

sorry Raydog, I watched that tape again ... and there was a jetway ... maybe we are talking about two different times ...????

We must be talking about two different times then, because I distinctly remember Rob and Amber walking outside and up stairs onto the plane...

I don't know, I'm not saying it was a conspiracy or fixed, I just think it's odd. But then again two international flights destined for Boston (in the span of less than a week) were diverted to Bangor Maine becuase they had passengers who were on the No Fly List, so go figure :roll: :wink:

Not that this will shut the conspiracy theorists up, but here is perhaps the final word on The Amazing Race 6's plane-related controversy. Uchenna and Joyce talked to 96X's BJ and Shannon (how many BJ's work in radio? just curious) via phone. Their 17-minute interview is on the site, and provides more insight into the mystery of the American Airlines plane.

First, Joyce reminds us that this exact same thing happened earlier this season, when a smaller plane "re-opened the doors to let Rob and Amber on." So, it's nothing new. Second, Uchenna says that Rob "told the ticket agent not to tell us about that flight." Then, when Uchenna and Joyce got to the gate, they found "that same ticket agent who had lied to us and said there was no flight. They didn't air the fact that I yelled out, at the top of my lungs, 'You lied to us.' So she was the one that was compelled to call the pilot because, okay, there's cameras everywhere, she's standing there having just lied to me telling me that there was no flight." Joyce adds, "And it looks like, you know, would American Airlines lie to the passengers?" - Andy Dehnart

Amazing Race happens to be one of my favorites. None- and I mean NONE of these theories ever crossed my mind. I just enjoyed the show. Reading these posts made me think:

1) Rob really is an arrogant sore loser

2) Rob would not have gotten as far as he did if he couldnt rely on his 'celebrity'

3) if my memory is correct- didnt uchenna and joyce come in first 2 times? and both those times there was NO trip offered. please correct me if I am wrong- but that didnt seem fair and it did stick in my head.

I agree, I would have been happy with either outcome, would have been awesome if Romber won (just cool to have this reality power couple burning up shows collecting cheques here there and everywhere) but then it could have been annoying if they won ANOTHER million dollars!