Sign in to follow this  
Burnt

The race was fixed!

and if Romber hadn't had help many times they would not be in the final two ...

As for Kelly, her motivation? Simple, the headlines and endless controversy on the net ... sleazy tactic!

help from locals? or are you saying they had help on the other flight? If so that doesn't mean they would have lost that round there were 3 other teams that did not make that flight. So you can't say for sure that they would not have come in second. BUT you can say for sure that Rob and Amber would have won if U/J would not have made that flight.

Guest ranster627

Point taken Neb ... but about that other flight ... it might have cost them earlier ... it's all in one's perception ...

I hate to disappoint so many of the Romber fans here in Morty's but this race was not fixed. There was no conspiracy to prevent Rob/Amber from winning and allow Uchenna/Joyce to win. Along with the team are the cameraman and sound man who the team isn't allowed to speak to or interact with. There is no producer there to "fix" things to jeopardize the integrity of the race.

If some folks would just read what Uchenna/Joyce have to say and less into what Rob hinted at in allowing "America to judge" about the pilot's decision and Kelly Ripa saying that there was a fix then everyone will settle down and let the Agus enjoy their victory.

Here are a few facts to think about: Rob/Amber were allowed onto a closed Argentina flight. Was that fair to the other teams or just good karma for Rob/Amber? Rob/Amber were allowed on a closed flight from PR to Miami. Was it fair to allow them on a closed flight to the detriment of another team just ouside or was that a lucky break for Rob/Amber? Was it unfair sportmanship when Rob/Amber told the ticket agent to tell Uchenna/Joyce that there weren't any earlier flights which she did or was that a brilliant strategic move? Was it fair on the pilot's part to allow another team on the flight and put both teams on an equal footing or a conspiracy by the producers to fix the race? What if Uchenna/Joyce had gotten on that closed flight right before Rob/Amber and Rob/Amber convince the pilot to let them on. Would there have been any conspiracy theories abound all over the net if the pilot had allow Rob/Amber to board after the jetway was removed? You decide. One thing I do know is that the FAA stated over at Fox News that it is the pilot's decision to allow a passenger or passengers onto the plane if the flight is already closed (i.e., Rob/Amber on that closed Miami flight) and the jetway has been pulled away. If the FAA say that the pilot's decision was discretional and his alone to make then I'm ok with that.

I'm sorry Romber's fans are disappointed over their loss but I'm sure this loss will garner them more money, more fame, and much more of a household name long after this season has faded into DVD history.

Before anyone takes my words out of context or copy/paste snippets from this post, read what's out there including this from Ucenna/Joyce.http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2005/05/14/1039114.html

If some folks would just read what Uchenna/Joyce have to say and less into what Rob hinted at in allowing "America to judge" about the pilot's decision and Kelly Ripa saying that there was a fix then everyone will settle down and let the Agus enjoy their victory.

I guess it comes down to who's events you believe. Just because U/J say it is so does not make it so. Perhaps they believe that and have no idea what really went on. Same with Rob and Amber.

Was it unfair sportmanship when Rob/Amber told the ticket agent to tell Uchenna/Joyce that there weren't any earlier flights which she did or was that a brilliant strategic move?

Huh? Of course it was good game play and if you don't think U/J Wouldn't have done it think again

Was it fair on the pilot's part to allow another team on the flight and put both teams on an equal footing or a conspiracy by the producers to fix the race?

Who knows for sure but I hate to tell you it is a Little Naive to not even consider the possibility of a fix. And an equal footing

are the main words there. How boring would the ending have been if The lead team had an Hour and a Half lead over another. COME ON can you HONESTLY say that is something CBS would have wanted?

What if Uchenna/Joyce had gotten on that closed flight right before Rob/Amber and Rob/Amber convince the pilot to let them on. Would there have been any conspiracy theories abound all over the net if the pilot had allow Rob/Amber to board after the jetway was removed?

You bet your sweet ass there would be theories out there even more. People thought the fan in Africa was a plant by CBS. I could only imagine the outrage.

It is just not about Rob and Amber losing it is about the integrity of the game. I have read posts on other boards from people who hated Rob and Amber and They can't help but Wonder.

I hate to disappoint so many of the Romber fans here in Morty's but this race was not fixed.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but just becaue you say it was not fixed does not make it so. And vice versa. But from the title of the thread I thought you had some concrete proof. Not just some crazy theories :wink:

I remember correctly the situation and all, Rob had made a small comment that the jetway was retracking then Amber stated that it was coming outward again.

Also, I highly doubt the fact that the producers had anything to do with it. Besides the airline already knowing that they're are going to be the teams showing up, and that they aren't paying for the ticket the show is. So having you U/J standing outside asking to get on, with the cameraman behind them, the attendents know what was going on. So it was there call to make the phone conversation with the pilot and (this is just speculation and all) but they probably did mention to the pilot about their being another Team there trying to get on. The pilot may or may not have known there was already a team onboard.

P.S. IS IT JUST ME OR DO THE BOARDS SEEM A LITTLE EMPTY THESE DAYS????? I had post once or twice a while back but truely didn't starting the posting experience here at Mortys until earlier this past week but no matter what day of the week it was, the boards have all been flurishing.

Guest ranster627
I remember correctly the situation and all, Rob had made a small comment that the jetway was retracking then Amber stated that it was coming outward again.

That's exactly what I saw bink, and the brakes had not been taken off, and the plane had not moved ...

I do appreciate a good debate every now and then but the purpose of my post was not to stir up more controversy or to continue to beat a dead horse to life or even to indulge in bickering. My questions within the context of the post were rhetorical and not meant to be personal or to cast the racers' integrity into dispute or doubt. However, there are those who do love to bicker until they're right about finding a white elephant where unfortunately none exists.

The FAA was queried about this matter and if they said it's a pilot's decision whether to open a closed flight to allow additional passengers or to keep the closed flight closed then those who disbelieve the FAA or are still upset and argumentative over that pilot's decision should lodge their personal inquiries to the FAA directly. If people still want to disprove the FAA's answer to their inquiries then there are former racers Gary and Dave from Season 2 or 3 and one of the Steves from another Season who all answer questions about the rules and the going-ons of the race. Someone posted the website before Morty's changed its format. Perhaps someone can repost the link. If those former racers should prove unsatisfactory then there are Rob and Brennan from Season 1 who are still enjoying the limelight of their win. If that, too, should prove to be unsatisfactory then the most therapeutic thing is to beat the proverbial dead horse over its head until one comes to grips that it was within the pilot's discretion to make that crucial decision that allowed Uchenna and Joyce to win over Rob and Amber.

Guest onlooker

Personally, I don't believe TAR was fixed. The reasons (theories) given are valid. But the look on R's face when he realized that they just lost their edge was the most amusing part of that episode. And I also agree that CBS is milking his character (or to be more precise; his abscence of character) for all they can.

And for you fans of R&A; don't dispair. I have no doubt at all that they'll net far more from their love of being in the spotlight than they would've from winning TAR. I'm sure their wedding broadcast will be during the next available sweeps week. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they show up on the upcoming Survivor: Palau reunion show, tonight.

Hello Everyone: I am back on this forum (Some how my membership was lost since when Amazing Race 6 or 7 have a pit stop in the Philippine. I was not able to access this site again since last week).

My have my own views about the plane debate which I like to share. I found that while it was very unusual that the plane doors was shut and the jetway begin to pull away from the plane and then return for the other couple. Rob and Amber really lost the race in Miami Little Hanvana area. Rob and Amber was in the front of the plane and was the first couple off the plane and out of the airport first. They also were first at that marker for little Hanvana and went off in the wrong direction. They must have at least a 10 to 15 minutes head start on the other couple and they went at least a mile in the wrong direction. When They realize that they were going the wrong way they should have stop asking strangers and retrace their steps. Meanwhile the other couple made up for lost time and got lucky with a cab driver who speak Spanish. While the second couple almost lost the race by having not the fare to pay the cab driver but they still came in first. Editing of the finish suggest that Rob and amber was at least 5 to 10 minutes behind the winners and maybe the third place team at least an hour or two behind rob and amber. To me the race were not even close and that the right Team finally did win In the future seasons of Amazing Race I would like to see the posted time at the end of each pitstop and at finish line of each contestants display at the end of each show.

I also found that it was strange that this season of amazing race the teams did not go all the way around the world. Seem like they only gone 3/4th the way and double back from India then to England etc etc. which help out some of the later teams more than the earlier ones by giving them more rest and sleep on the planes.

There was way to much advertisement for Travelocity, Free trips by American Airline, automobile from Ford, for some teams while others got cash and at least one winner of one pitstop got nothing. which suggest to me that the producers of amazing Race favor some teams with prizes over others.

Guest ranster627

I agree with the commercial aspects of the show as you stated them ... the whole TAR was one big commercial ...

As for travelling around the world, I assumed the Tsunami and other fears (terrorism) finally affected TAR.

Guest ranster627

Well said dvitali, and welcome back to Morty's ... everyone needed to re-register as we had an event a few months back and these Boards were re-started ...

I think every racer had bad luck and good, and it just happened that u/j had their good luck at the right time, arguably when they were at their lowest having no money or possessions ...

Guest ranster627

I agree with both of you as too many laws govern game shows in the USA, and in the end, that is what TAR is, a game show.

Personally, I don't believe TAR was fixed. The reasons (theories) given are valid. But the look on R's face when he realized that they just lost their edge was the most amusing part of that episode. And I also agree that CBS is milking his character (or to be more precise; his abscence of character) for all they can. 

And for you fans of R&A; don't dispair. I have no doubt at all that they'll net far more from their love of being in the spotlight than they would've from winning TAR. I'm sure their wedding broadcast will be during the next available sweeps week. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they show up on the upcoming Survivor: Palau reunion show, tonight.

once again it is not about rob and amber..it is about the integrity of the show

I also found that it was strange that this season of amazing race the teams did not go all the way around the world. Seem like they only gone 3/4th the way ....

With the shape the world is in, the the way some countries feel about the USA, I'm always surprised that TAR finds so many cool places to go. Of course I don't know if I'd feel comfortable in some of those places alone. If the cops stopped me in another country I'd panic unless I had my cameraman on the phone to the producers.

I agree with the commercial aspects of the show as you stated them ... the whole TAR was one big commercial ...

As for travelling around the world, I assumed the Tsunami and other fears (terrorism) finally affected TAR.

I don't know exactly when TAR was filmed, but I did hear quotes that Christmas came early for Joyce & Uchenna, leading me to believe it was all wrapped up and finished before Christmas. And considering the Tsunami hit on Dec. 26th, I don't think that factored into the decision not to visit that part of the world.

I thought they did visit before the tsunami hit because Phil spoke before that eppy and said his thoughts and prayers were with the victims and families? Icould be wrong though!

OK TAR 6 visited right before the tsunami hit so that is prob why they didnt go all the way around!

No one is arguing that Romber lost the race in Little Havana, Miami.

It's just that if U/J didn't get on the plane, Romber would have won. Race over.

Guest ranster627

Burnt, I agree, if they had not gotten on the plane, they would have lost!

BUT, I am glad they got on ...

Guest ranster627

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I had no knowledge of their taping schedule and was just speculating out loud ...

Guest onlooker

"once again it is not about rob and amber..it is about the integrity of the show"

Never said it was. Simply pointing out that CBS was hoping that the show would be. And as for "integrity," It obviously doesn't exist in the CBS (or for that matter, any other networks) lexicon. Everything on television is geared solely for it's entertainment and ratings potential and nothing more. As far as the entertainment industry is concerned, "integrity" fell victim to "political correctness." Sad fact, but true.

That implies those who thinkit was fixed are upset about it because Rob and Amber did not win

Uchenna says that producers didn't interfere; Rob fuels conspiracy theories.

Rob... "When was the last time you ever have seen them close the door of a plane and then turn around and open it after they pulled the Jetway away?" Joyce has a response, reminding the world of the time in Argentina when Rob and Amber were allowed to board a plane at the last minute, although a jetway wasn't involved. "We don't know why he did it. But karma comes back around. If you remember, there was a point on the race in Argentina where we were on a plane, the plane closed and then they let Rob and Amber on! Joyce said, "You know, turnabout is fair play, and it's just good karma coming back. We waited for this and it waited for us."

It had nothing to do with karma!! They were in Argentina, there was no jetway, it was a walk to the plane stairs... the stairs were still attached to the plane for goodness sake! Grrr. They really want us to believe that U/J in a "real" airport (aka, one with a boarding check in at the gate/jetway/etc) is going to be allowed boarding onto a plane that has to turn around and re-attach the jetway? No way in hell.

Guest ranster627

sorry Raydog, I watched that tape again ... and there was a jetway ... maybe we are talking about two different times ...????

Uchenna says that producers didn't interfere; Rob fuels conspiracy theories.

Rob... "When was the last time you ever have seen them close the door of a plane and then turn around and open it after they pulled the Jetway away?" Joyce has a response' date=' reminding the world of the time in Argentina when Rob and Amber were allowed to board a plane at the last minute, although a jetway wasn't involved. "We don't know why he did it. But karma comes back around. If you remember, there was a point on the race in Argentina where we were on a plane, the plane closed and then they let Rob and Amber on! Joyce said, "You know, turnabout is fair play, and it's just good karma coming back. We waited for this and it waited for us."

It had nothing to do with karma!! They were in Argentina, there was no jetway, it was a walk to the plane stairs... the stairs were still attached to the plane for goodness sake! Grrr. They really want us to believe that U/J in a "real" airport (aka, one with a boarding check in at the gate/jetway/etc) is going to be allowed boarding onto a plane that has to turn around and re-attach the jetway? No way in hell.[/quote']

okay people once again******

i work for an airline and ---if the plane has not released its brakes --- and the captain permits the door to be reopend --this happens all the time!!!

i doubt ---if the plane had released its brakes and pulled away fromt he jetway they would have let them on as then they would have had to take a delay.........but it takes two minutes to reposition a jetway to the aircraft door.....this again was not a fix

:!: