Sign in to follow this  
Burnt

The race was fixed!

There is only one reason the pilot would allow boarding after the check, and the door was closed. And that was by "act of congress".

Not only was the door closed, but the ramp had been pulled.

There was definetly some meddling by someone to get U&J on that first flight.

on the contrary i work in aviation and if the aircraft was taking a delay for another reason---one they might not have shown---and if there is room they will board people standing by.

There is only one reason the pilot would allow boarding after the check, and the door was closed. And that was by  "act of congress".

Not only was the door closed, but the ramp had been pulled.

There was definetly some meddling by someone to get U&J on that first flight.

I think you may be right. The PTB wanted it to be a close finish. They would have done it for any team

Guest ranster627

I disagree ... I am just a regular person who travelled a lot, and that has been done for me before!

oh and they meddled in the cab driver driving over the opening drawbridge too!!

give me a break some people just cant accept the fact that J and U were the team who deserved to win

Guest ranster627

I agree ... there was no fixing going on!

I don't believe CBS could influence the airline officials unless they chartered the entire plane. U and J got lucky for a change, instead of Rob and Amber.

I don't believe CBS could influence the airline officials unless they chartered the entire plane. U and J got lucky for a change, instead of Rob and Amber.

Exactly. A nice change. :wink: :wink:

I disagree ... I am just a regular person who travelled a lot, and that has been done for me before!

Did you have tickets? were you on stand by?

If it was rigged I am not upset about it. Like I said they would have done it for any team.

U/J ran a good last leg.

The right team won that is all there is to it. Uchenne and Joyce have had nothing but dignity throughout the race, they didn't try to cheat other people like Rob and Amber (not open bus doors, telling people not to hel-, need I continue?). .

U/J were right up front on that bus giving Rob their money to bribe the bus driver. Both Ray and Uchenna have taken credit for that idea.

Both U&j and Romber were my two favorite teams so either outcome would have been fine. However if you watch Airline on A&E people who come running up late always ask if they could get on board always are told that Federal law prohibits them from bringing back the plane once its backed away from the concourse unless it's an emergency. So since the plane didn't actually back up off the concourse I guess it was the pilots call to open the door. So be mad at the pilot not CBS or the people of Miami if you are upset with the outcome. Like I said either team was Ok as winners for me.

i have said it once, and i'll say it again. congratulations to u/j on an awesome race and their first place finish. yes, i was very disappointed that romber didn't win, but i'm glad u/j did. IMHO, i don't think any of the final three weren't "deserving" of a first place finish. they all three put their hearts and souls into that race. i would have been very upset if ron and kelly won, just because i don't particularly care for them, but they wouldn't have been undeserving. u/j were a very likeable couple and they were good competitors. romber will always be my favorite team, and yes, i still believe that romber rulz, but they got beat fair and square. no 'fixing', no cheating....the race was fair IMHO. good job to all the teams and i look forward to the wedding in a few weeks!

Guest XandraSkye

^^^ See Scuba's post above.

I agree with what Scuba said, again. I said this in another thread and I'll say it here too....U/J and some good luck stowed upon them at the end of the race, just like Rob & Amber had some (very) good luck at other legs of the race, by catching that last flight in the nick of time and having their cab driver in Maimi ask someone, "Do you speak Spanish?" thus finding out what 'King of the Havana's' meant and giving them the correct directions to the cigar shop. If R & A had gotten that cab driver, they would probably have the $1,000,000 right now.

I do not believe it was fixed at all!

I think I agreed with the word fixed earlier in the thread but no its not the right word to discribe it. I'm drawing a blank. I need sleep.

act of congresss LOL BUt how did they get the plane to open up i was feeding baby then??????????????????????????????????

thanks for agreeing with me skye! i agree with you that luck plays a big role....romber had it, and u/j got a lot of it last nite!

I actually didn't say that U/J shouldn't have won it.. hell.. they are upstanding citizens whom I would gladly have as neighbors! They did DESERVE the win based on morality alone.

BUT..

I had over 250,000 miles in the air last year as atravlening consultant, and i have ONLY seen the plane return to gate and allow people on ONE TIME.. and that was a prisoner transport.

It would have been a very different mood if Romber had won... and I am glad U/J won... but it does look suspicious was just my point!

I actually didn't say that U/J shouldn't have won it.. hell.. they are upstanding citizens whom I would gladly have as neighbors! They did DESERVE the win based on morality alone.

BUT..

I had over 250,000 miles in the air last year as  atravlening consultant, and i have ONLY seen the plane return to gate and allow people on ONE TIME.. and that was a prisoner transport.

It would have been a very different mood if Romber had won... and I am glad U/J won... but it does look suspicious was just my point!

i just wanted to restate

i work for a major airline and it is not uncommon for a plane to allow additional passengers onboard the aircraft if the plane has not released its brakes. once the brakes are released they do not usually allow passengers onboard.

so i would imagine that either the plane had not released its breaks or was on a delay of some sort.

BUT..

I had over 250,000 miles in the air last year as  atravlening consultant, and i have ONLY seen the plane return to gate and allow people on ONE TIME.. and that was a prisoner transport.

i just wanted to restate

i work for a major airline and it is not uncommon for a plane to allow additional passengers onboard the aircraft if the plane has not released its brakes. once the brakes are released they do not usually allow passengers onboard.

so i would imagine that either the plane had not released its breaks or was on a delay of some sort.

I am sure you are right, I have also read on other board where people work at other Airlines and they said it never happens..unless an emengency. I guess it depends on the airline

Anyone who says it is common for airplanes to open the door after the gate has been closed, and the jetway pulled back is lying. If the aircraft is flying into US airspace, the list of passengers has to be forwarded to ensure there is no one on the Terrorism watch list. Once the aircraft purser has verified the count matches the gate count, the computer CLOSES the flight. At that point, no carrier is supposed to allow additional passengers. I think that American Airlines could possibly have some explaining to do to the FAA. (and I used to work for United Airlines, and currently work on contract for the FAA in their systems area)

Having said that, I am not certain that any CBS producer or camera people have enough pull to get an airline pilot to agree to what happened. Perhaps he was full of the Christmas spirit! In any event, it did happen and conspiracy theories will abound (ie the train at last seasons final sprint to the mat). You have to admit that it does smell a but funny, but it is over - until TAR 8!

You have to admit that it does smell a but funny, but it is over - until TAR 8!

yup that is all i am saying it is fishy, not saying it is true but it is always good to question :wink:

CONGRATS TOP 3!!!!!!1

EDITING EDITING EDITING we don't know what happened and in what sequence. Rules are rules and rules get broken. I recently retuned from a trip that took me through 8 airports No problem anywhere, until the very last airport on the way home (back in the US by this time) I was stopped, searched and had something confiscated. A little tiny pair of manicure scissors, that were in a case, in a makeup bag, inside a carry on. You can't tell me that there weren't spotted in the other 7 places. Things happen, rules are interpreted differently and if the truth be known, people are having just the reaction to the flight being reopened as CBS hoped they would.

Guest ranster627

I sooooooooo agree, CBS is milking this for all it's worth!

Anyone who says it is common for airplanes to open the door after the gate has been closed, and the jetway pulled back is lying.  If the aircraft is flying into US airspace,  the list of passengers has to be forwarded to ensure there is no one on the Terrorism watch list.  Once the aircraft purser has verified the count matches the gate count, the computer CLOSES the flight.  At that point,  no carrier is supposed to allow additional passengers.  I think that American Airlines could possibly have some explaining to do to the FAA. (and I used to work for United Airlines, and currently work on contract for the FAA in their systems area)

Having said that,  I am not certain that any CBS producer or camera people have enough pull to get an airline pilot  to agree to what happened.  Perhaps he was full of the Christmas spirit!  In any event,  it did happen and conspiracy theories will abound (ie the train at last seasons final sprint to the mat).  You have to admit that it does smell a but funny,  but  it is over - until TAR 8!

i dont like being called a liar

i have seen it happen!!!

if you re read my post i said it can happen IF the pilot has NOT released the brakes of the aircraft.....once the brakes have been released the aircraft is considered --LEFT THE GATE-- before you start calling people a liar you need to read their posts more carefully.

:evil: