Sign in to follow this  
hanklee

Finale

I'm a total Romber lover but I am very happy for Uchenna & Joyce.  They did well and they deserve the victory.

I TOTALLY agree Skye!

Guest XandraSkye

logo.gif

watercooler.gif

The Amazing Race

Y-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-s-s-s-s-s-s-s!!!! Woo-hoo!! Hooray for Uchenna character. But, if they had lost because of that, my head would have exploded.

Those last two legs were unbelievably tight. It was one close call after another. First, Rob got stopped at a police checkpoint. Then, moments later, Uchenna and Joyce were delayed by a flat tire. (When I saw that, I was like, "C'mon!") Next, you had Amber getting confused as to where she had to jump 30 feet into the water, which was soon followed by toll booth mayhem. And of course, let's not forget the mother of close calls: Uchenna and Joyce almost missing the early flight to Miami that Rob and Amber were already on. Talk about miracles! (And benevolent pilots!)

And here's hoping that Uchenna and Joyce have another miracle in the near future. As they mentioned, they plan to use the prize money to have a child, whether it's another try at invitro-fertilization or adoption. It appears that this was truly a life-changing experience for them (forty-thousand miles across five continents can do that to you).

Well, it's been, what I think anyway, the best race so far of this Emmy-winning series. You had spitting llamas, shaved heads, mounds of uneaten meat, 600 pound elephant carts, Jerome the gnome, a bribed bus driver, numerous missed flights and confused cab drivers, and so much more. And even I'll admit that Rob and Amber were smart, skillful players. Not overly ethical, but smart. Once again, congratulations to Uchenna and Joyce! You two deserve it. (P.S. In New York, the happy couple were interviewed on CBS local news, and let me tell you, Joyce's hair

I did have to laugh that Lynn and Alex were chanting NOT ROB AND AMBER NOT ROB AND AMBER. when the camera was shot on them and so was that son and mother team. i loved it they wanted anyone else to won but Slober and Ambauuuuhhhhh!

I did have to laugh that Lynn and Alex were chanting NOT ROB AND AMBER NOT ROB AND AMBER.  when the camera was shot on them and so was that son and mother team.  i loved it they wanted anyone else to won but Slober and Ambauuuuhhhhh!

I had to laugh that Frick and Frack and Norman and Ma were on the sidelines where they belonged

:rofl

yes indeed cheering on the deserving team to win

and poor poor Slob and Ambuh came in second bwhhhaaaaaa!

yes indeed cheering on the deserving team to win

and poor poor Slob and Ambuh came in second bwhhhaaaaaa!

yup 2nd much higher than the drama queens

:rofl

Guest XandraSkye
Is it wrong to like both Romber and Lynlex? Both teams made me crack up during the season. I liked Lynn and Alex better than Ron and Kelly, that's for sure.

Seriously?  I weep for you.. How could someone EVER take something so seriously.  How you get 'rammed down your throats'  out of people disagreeing with you is beyond me.  I for one, have stated since the beginning that I knew Romber was not going to win.  I had NO doubt in my mind that they wouldn't.  I also don't remember gloating or cramming..anything down anyone's throat..  I vividly remember stating MY OWN OPINION just like everyone else on this board.. I'm soooo sorry if a handful of posters can not accept being disagreed with.. You know what..that's life..get over it and move on.  Find something more constructive to do with your time.. seriously..lying in wait.. to gloat..YAY YOU!!!!

MOODY I LOVE YOU.. SERIOUSLY YOU ARE ME!! Finally a voice of reason. I pulled for romber all season long but I never said they were perfect. I also shouted out props on the board to U/J (I think they are awesome) and defended M&G. The only team I trashed talked was R&K and there again only because of the military issues which sent me over the edge. Now I am being accused of cramming my opinion/support for Romber down peoples throats. (insert loud sigh here) To be honest I think the Romber supporters with few exceptions have been a hell of a lot more gracious in defeat than we ever could have expected from the U/J supporters had the situation been reversed.

NOW ON TO THE ISSUE OF THIS THREAD. Let me say this again --- THE RACE WAS NOT FIXED AND NO ONE CHEAT. The whole discussion is silly. Romber did not cheat by the fact of being famous. CBS knew that they were famous going in to the whole thing. Uchenna did not cheat by being bald. CBS set up a task for head shaving knowing one player was bald. CBS did not get the plane to pull back and I dont think siting federal law is applicable since the plane didnt take off from a US port. Besides, federal laws prohibit all sorts of things when it comes to last minute boarding and time and time again we have seen that go out the window either on the show or in real life personal experiences.

We as watcher MAY NOT LIKE THE RULES but CBS is the producer and CBS alone has the right to set the rules any way they want to AS LONG AS THEY ARE APPLIED EQUALLY TO ALL TEAMS. For all the discussion of cheating no one person has ever answered me on this point or given one example of how the rules were applied differently between teams. If teams dont like the way the game is played -- DONT PLAY. If you dont like the way the game is played DONT WATCH.

I love TAR whether my team wins or another team wins. Its not the beginning of my life or the end of it but something I enjoy - nothing more and nothing less.

THIS IS MY RANT :D:D

If the race was fixed, does that mean it can't have anymore babies?

*scratches head*

:rofl skye, you're my hero!

Guest cappy
Its wrong to like two people who hate each other.

Last night during the show, after Uchenna and Joyce lost all there money, it did kind of look like the show was trying to help them catch back up to the others. The thought did cross my mind that it could have possibly been fixed. I am not saying it was, but it did look like it to me.