Sign in to follow this  
Soyyo

SPOILER - Tar 8

Guest linkinlexi

man, i had them picked to win when i watched amazing race last night

Oh, I sure hope that's not true. Just from reading the team bios and looking at the pictures they appear to have the advantage. I wasn't rooting for them just because of that (gotta love an underdog!)

I hope that's true....I really like them....I had picked them for fantasy on cbs.com, but obviously lost that!

I knew who it was just from the way you are all talking lol

According to the article everyone including family members all signed contracts not to "let it slip" I think if this keeps happening (come on two years in a row, IF they are the winners) then they should be penalized exactly what the article says is in the contract.

Man I so hope this doesnt happen...I am actually suprised to hear it seeing how much trouble they had in pushing that buggy in the first episode...

....I don't like them...

Quite dull actually...like all the teams this year.

I usually have a favourite by now...

I just read in my local paper that the next leg will be in Charleston SC on the Battery and may have something to do with Shrimp boats Heres the story........Im excited thats where I live

The third leg of the popular reality show "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" is coming to The Battery when the show airs at 9 p.m. Tuesday on local CBS affiliate WCSC-TV, according to a well-placed source.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed that Charleston is featured in the Tuesday episode of the eighth edition of the Emmy Award-winning reality show. Typically, the show's route and details of the competition are a highly guarded secret.

"They were around The Battery, which is where they had to go to find one of their clues," the source said. As to a rumor that "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" involved local shrimp boats, the source said, "No comment."

Others were willing to speak on the record about the show. Independence Air spokesman Rick DeLisi said the airline flew five families participating in the reality show from Washington's Dulles airport to Charleston International Airport in July.

"Five of the eight teams chose to fly with us," DeLisi said. "And ultimately they went to Charleston. We're not sure what they did or how much time they spent in Charleston. We were only privy to the details of what was going to happen at our location."

Perrin Lawson, deputy director of the Charleston Convention and Visitors Bureau, said competing families raced through the CVB during filming of the show in July.

"They literally just ran through the building. It was with the camera crews chasing after them. From what I get from our people, they said it was kind of mayhem and nobody really stopped to ask any questions or anything. They just ran through the building and that was it," Lawson said.

"The Amazing Race: Family Edition" is an adventure reality show hosted by Phil Keoghan that pits 10 teams of families against each other in a race around the world for about 30 days. At every destination, each family must compete in a series of challenges, some mental and some physical, and only when the tasks have been completed will they learn their next destination. Families who are the farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning $1 million.

CBS' official description of the upcoming episode of "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" says: "The families take a spin in a NASA centrifuge on the third leg of the race." So it sounds like the competitors are passing through here on their way to Florida.

The race began with 10 four-person teams Sept. 27. Unlike the show's first seven editions, "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" featured teams composed exclusively of related family members.

The teams traveled about 30,000 miles, and some of the teams include children as young as 8.The new format sparked criticism from some fans that "The Amazing Race" has become a glorified field trip or family vacation of sorts to historical or educational locations rather than a grueling race around the world, as in previous episodes.

The 10 families who began the race are: the Godlewski sisters of Des Plaines, Ill.; the Weaver family (widow and kids) of Ormond Beach, Fla.; the Gaghan family of Glastonbury, Conn.; the Black family of Woodbridge, Va. (eliminated 9/27); the Linz family (siblings) of Cincinnati; the Rogers family of Shreveport, La. (eliminated 1-0/4) ; the Schroeder family (dad, stepmom and kids) of New Orleans; the Bransen family (dad and daughters) of Park Ridge, Ill.; the Aiello family (father and sons-in-law) of Mansfield, Mass.; the Paolo family (father, mother and two sons) of Carmel, N.Y.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prentiss Findlay covers television for The Post and Courier. Contact him at 937-5711 or pfindlay@postandcourier.com.

I can't help but wonder whether this wasn't another one of those decoys. Seems like the show has taken great pains to keep the teams from kicking up too much of a fuss in public, and how far a drive is SC from Virginia? What would they do with their camping gear?

Plus, remember in the preview they showed the Linz brothers going round and round in that NASA space thing? Where is that - isn't there a NASA center in NC?

They're such tricksters with the decoy thing, I'm just not sure what to believe :blink::)

I can't help but wonder whether this wasn't another one of those decoys. Seems like the show has taken great pains to keep the teams from kicking up too much of a fuss in public, and how far a drive is SC from Virginia? What would they do with their camping gear?

Plus, remember in the preview they showed the Linz brothers going round and round in that NASA space thing? Where is that - isn't there a NASA center in NC?

They're such tricksters with the decoy thing, I'm just not sure what to believe :blink::)

I forgot about the space thing. I personally don't know if there is one in NC or not

I dont know if its true It would be kinda cool if it were but who knows.

I do hope it is here but I thought about the decoy thing as well. Oh well

we will see Tuesday. Have a great day all.

I thought I saw a commercial for AR where it showed shrimp cages being dumped out into a boat so I am inclined to agree with this spoiler...also I saw the centrafuge thing but don't know where it was at.

Just looked up Space Camps and there are 2 in Florida, 2 in Alabama, and 1 in Virginia...It could be any of those....Can't wait till tomorrow to find out.

Yes, if the NASA thing is in Virginia they could still head back to the airport in Washington. Or even if that part was the decoys, the part about then doing the shrimping in SC could still be true.

Or maybe last weeks spoiler comes true and they go up to Toronto - gosh I hope one of these turns out to be at least partially true. Who doesn't love an inside scoop!!! :)

OMG - after getting burned on the Toronto 'spoiler,' I was skeptical about this one being true and it was! (I still told people about it though, JIC :) )

I was avoiding this thread like the plague...

but if this is true I would be so happy, I've been rooting for them since day 1 :-)

Speculation:

the Bransens were Xed out the same night as the Paolo's, this may mean they are the next to be eliminated.

Spoiler for leg 9:

Someone from a different website claims her mother-in-law found an itinerary for the next leg. Seems' legit. she typed it up and it says:

O.K. - Here's the complete itinerary. (This is exactly how the clues would read when they open them.)

Pit Start - Lake Powell

Drive yourselves to Monument Valley, Utah. Once there search John Ford's Point for your next clue.

Additional Info:

The Full name of "Monument Valley" is Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park

IMPORTANT: Once you are on tribal lands you MUST respect all posted speed limits.

Driving regulations are strictly enforced and you may NOT pass other cars.

When you arrive at your destination, you must park your car in the marked parking area.

At John Ford's Point

Take a helicopter ride to the summit of Elephant Butte to retrieve your next clue.

Note: Only two members of your team may ride the Helicopter.

First come, First serve.

Additional info:

Take a number and choose two members of your team to ride in the helicopter.

Up to two teams may ride on the helicopter at the same time.

There will be a short safety briefing before the helicopter takes off.

Any team member riding in the helicopter must empty their pockets and leave their belongings witht he two team members not going up in the helicopter.

The first departure of the helicopter will be 20 minutes from the arrival of the first team.

When the helicopter returns from the first trip and every trip thereafter, there will be a 20-minute wait before it's next departure.

At Elephant Butte

Make your way towards Moab, Utah and find Gemini Bridges.

Additonal Info:

To access the top of Gemini Bridges you must use highway 313.

When you arrive at your destination, you must park your car in the marked parking lot.

Once you have parked, empty all your pockets, leave your bags in your car and leave your doors UNLOCKED and the keys in the driver's seat.

Take one of the provided shuttles to the top of Gemini Bridges (ETA: I know that these are Hummer's because my father-in-law was involved in the part of the race.)

At top of Gemini Bridges:

Detour:

Drop Down or Ride Down

Drop Down: Complete a two-stage rappel 270 feet down Bull Canyon.

Ride Down: Bike down a 6-Mile trail to Bull Canyon.

Additonal Info:

For people choosing drop down:

Follow the marked path to the Riggers.

Once you have chosen a Rigger they will give you a safety and technical briefing that will last approximately 15 minutes.

Your rigger will then lead you to the first available line.

Your rigger has the final word on any technical or safety issues that may arise.

One team per line. Only one team member will be allowed on a line at a time.

The 2-Minute rule applies to this event (ETA: I have no idea what this means!!!)

Once you reach the base of the rappel follow the marked path to your next clue.

For people choosing Ride Down:

Follow the marked path then choose your bikes. There will be a safety and technical briefing that will last approximately 5 minutes.

You MUST wear the provided bike helmets at all times.

To complete the task successfully both the rider and the bike must reach the end of the course.

Once you have reached Bull Canyon put your bikes in the provided bike racks and hand your bike helmets to on of the guides.

At the base of Bull Canyon find the clue box to receive your next clue.

BIKE DISCLAIMER:

The producers have made a good-faith effort to check that all bikes are in good working condition. These bikes are "First come, first choose" If a bike should present mechanical difficulties of any sort you may attempt to fix it, or may carry or walk the bike to the end of the course. Using alternative means of transportation is not an option. Should you find yourself in this situation, whether by your own fault or by bad luck, credit for lost time will not be given.

End of Detour - Bull Canyon:

Drive yourselves to Green River State Park where you'll be spending the night.

Hurry!! First team to arrive will receive the first out time for the morning.

Additional Info:

Take a ride in one of the provided Humvee's back to your vehicle.

VEHICLE DISCLAIMER:

The producers have made a good-faith effort to check that all cars are in good working condition. These cars are "First-come, first choose." If a car should present mechanical difficulties of any sort, producers reserve the right to make best efforts to get you a replacement car, or you may attempt to fix it in the meanwhile. Using alternative means of transportation is not an option. Should you find yourself in this situation, whether by your own fault or by bad luck, credit for lost time will not be given.

At Green River State Park:

Once you get to Green River State Park find group site 1 and park in the marked parking area.

Additional instructions on hooking up your trailers will be available on site.

At Green River State Park on Windshield

Drive to Heber City, Utah. Find Bart to receive your next clue.

Additional info:

Once in Heber City go to 970 Little Sweden Rd.

Little Sweden Road is also known as: "Little Sweeden Road".

You must park your vehicles in the marked area.

Once at Bart's follow the arrows.

IMPORTANT: You may not run or yell at anytime while on this property!!!!

At Bart the Bear

Make your way to Utah Olympic Park and find your next clue.

Caution!! Yield Ahead!!

Additonal Info:

Park your vehicles in the marked parking lot.

After you have parked follow the arrows to your next clue.

Roadblock - At Ski Jump

Outside Clue:

Who's ready to jump into the unknown?

Important! Only ONE of you may perform this task. Choose a person before opening the clue.

Inside Clue:

Ski down a 60-foot ramp and perform a freestyle ski jump into a pool.

Additional info:

Follow the marked path down to the jump area and find your gear and your coach.

Your coach will lead you through approximately a 40-minute safety, technical and training session before you can perform the jump.

Your coach has the final say on any safety issues that may arise.

You will receive your clue after you have successfully completed the jump. You must return to your team before opening and reading your clue.

After Roadblock:

Drive yourselves to the next pit stop:

The rooftop of the City Library in Salt Lake City.

Warning: The last team to check in may be eliminated.

Additional info:

Park your vehicles in the marked parking spaces along TBD Street.

the link: http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2...tart=21&stop=40

its not hard that team is 2 young and 2 athletic not too win. im gunna have to lean towards the bransens for 2nd place. the housewifes and team annoying should be the next ones to go!

Found this article about the finale. Only spoiler is the location.

Amazing Race finish line in T.O.?

By STEVE TILLEY -- Toronto Sun

The Bransens of Amazing Race: Family Edition. The team was spotted at Union Station.

The Amazing Race is heading for the finish line -- and it could be in Toronto.

In the two-hour season finale of The Amazing Race: Family Edition, airing next Tuesday at 9 p.m. on CTV and CBS, the Linz, Bransen and Weaver clans duke it out for the $1-million grand prize that goes to the family that finishes first.

But will that be in U.S. or Canadian dollars? CTV yesterday confirmed what the Sun reported in September: The Amazing Race is leaving the United States for what will be only the second time this season, and it appears the series' finish line could be here on Canuck soil.

The preview scenes for this Tuesday's finale, while not identifying the locations, shows the families jet-boating in the Niagara gorge, searching for clues in the bleachers at Montreal's Olympic Stadium and racing through Pearson International Airport, with a Greater Toronto Airports Authority shuttle clearly visible in one shot.

The preview also shows the families participating in the very Canuck pastime of curling, and doing a trapeze challenge at Montreal's National Circus School.

Sun reader Andrew Bagley recalled running into the Bransen and Weaver families in front of Toronto's Union Station on July 30, where a hotdog vendor gave them a clue that directed them to Polson Pier, aka the Docks.

"The women looked at me and said, 'We are on The Amazing Race, we need your help, do you know where Polson Pier is?' " said Bagley.

"Like a true Canadian, I replied, 'Did you say Molson or Polson?'"

Do you really want to know who wins?

If not, do not read further.

I was browsing through the CBS Amazing Race video page, and clicked on the links for "Week 12" and "Week 13", which brought up a list of videos. Evidently, the CBS staff were getting some work done in advance by uploading the videos, even though the links don't work yet.

clips4go.jpg

When I clicked on the ADD link for the one entitled GRAND PRIZE WINNERS, a description of the video popped up, revealing the winner.

Do so yourself, or click on the snapshot I made.

Remember, you heard it at Morty's first! (Well, unless someone else somewhere has already posted this, I haven't checked, since I got all excited about getting the scoop.)

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2953/winner6hz.jpg