Fuskie

American Idol Season 15 - Sonika Vaid

Sonika%20Vaid%202-2.jpg?itok=ex_VLDqY

Sonika Vaid (@sonikavaid, born August 4, 1995) was originally from Weston, Massachusetts who moved to Martha's Vineyard. She is of Indian descent and her parents immigrated to the United States when she was a child. She began singing at the age of three.  Aside from singing, she also plays the piano. She graduated from Weston High School in 2013. Prior to entering Idol, she was studying biology and a regular performer at a local park near her home for special events. Vaid sang "Look at Me" by Carrie Underwood at her audition in Denver, Colorado and received high praises from the judges, earning a golden ticket to Hollywood. She then progressed to the first round of Hollywood week and sang “Almost Is Never Enough”. Vaid made it to the final Hollywood solo round, where she performed "One Last Time" by Ariana Grande. She then progressed to the Showcase round and performed "I Surrender" by Celine Dion in front of the judges and live audience. The judges later selected Vaid for the top 24 semifinals.  Sonika sang her way into the Top 14 with Taylor Swift's Safe & Sound.  She sang I Surrender (Celine Dion) to reach the Top 10.