Sign in to follow this  
JEDI

Elisabeth Markham (Brains tribe) - 3rd eliminated (Mar. 2)

Elisabeth Markham

svr32_cast_800x1000_elisabethmarkham.jpg

Name (Age): Elisabeth Markham (27)

Tribe Designation: Brains

Current Residence: New York, N.Y.

Occupation: Quantitative strategist (I write computer programs that forecast stock prices and trade automatically).

Personal Claim to Fame: Building a blackjack card-counting team. We started with 10 people investing $2,500 each and it grew the bankroll to over $500,000 in less than a year.

Inspiration in Life: My badass grandma, who was incredibly smart, social, savvy at business and loved by everyone.

Hobbies: Gambling (for profit), everything outdoorsy, strategic board games and traveling far off the beaten path.

Pet Peeves: Racism, sexism and homophobia. People who refuse to learn from evidence and won’t listen to logical arguments.

3 Words to Describe You: Thoughtful, smart and adventurous.

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? My Kindle, soap and pen and paper for planning strategy, recording memories and leaving false clues to hidden immunity idols for specific people to find.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Parvati, because she’s great at concealing her intelligence behind her flirty charming side.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I love playing strategic games that I have a decent chance of winning. Wilderness survival and challenges will be really fun. I’m far more excited for the game than the possibility of prizes at the end.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive� SURVIVOR: My brain will be an asset to my alliance for strategy and my team for challenges. I’m good at fitting in with different types of people. I have pretty good outdoors skills too. Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I am going to be an unusually strategic and clever player. I am also likable. I’m fit so I’ll be good at challenges but not so much I’ll be perceived as threatening.

Following Episode 1: The concern for Liz is if she takes the moniker of "Brains" a little too much to heart and makes it the focal point of all her interactions, which would make her appear condescending. People who talk too much about their strengths usually become insufferable to fellow tribemates rather quickly (case and point, Debbie).

https://t.co/TgKXWegqXs

Following Episode 2: Liz is another tribemate of Debbie that could potentially clash with her in a way that will not serve her well. Liz also appears to be a know-it-all and so far has demonstrated little patience in dealing with other tribemates who project a similar attitude. For a tribe filled with smart individuals, their collective awareness of themselves appears to be quite deficient.

Following Episode 3: Probst's comments following Liz's elimination were spot-on. As discussed during tribal council, many contestants become ultra-analytical and fail to pick up on emotional cues that often will redirect suspicion onto a new target (which turn into votes at tribal council). Liz and Peter were extraordinarily arrogant in stating that they were managing the other groups within the tribe. The editors did a great job of concealing Debbie's awareness of these subtleties during the first two episodes. Clearly Liz and Peter underestimated her ability to navigate these social pitfalls. The editors also misdirected the audience into thinking that the age gap was the dividing line between the younger four and older two of the tribe. Aubry and Neal were clearly independent from Liz and Peter and viewed them as the potential cancer within the tribe.