Sign in to follow this  
JEDI

Peter Baggenstos (Brains~Gondol) - 7th eliminated (Mar. 23)

Peter Baggenstos

svr32_cast_800x1000_peterbaggenstos.jpg

Name (Age): Peter Baggenstos (34)

Tribe Designation: Brains

Current Residence: Minneapolis, Minn.

Personal Claim to Fame: I’m multinational! My father is from Switzerland and mother is from Jamaica. I’m a Swiss citizen!

Inspiration in Life: People who live an extraordinary life on a daily basis.

Hobbies: Working out, escaping on an airplane to travel and reading.

Pet Peeves: Bombastic people, “Bros� and know-it-alls.

3 Words to Describe You: Eclectic, tenacious and shameless.

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? A Kindle that is filled with tons of books, my ukulele and a drone to fly around and get a layout of the land.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Pete from the Philippines. He made clever comments and he was educated, had good insight and appropriately stirred the pot.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I am the most capable. I am smart, athletic and good with words. I want to challenge myself in a new and dynamic environment.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive� SURVIVOR: I have an uncanny knack for getting a group of people to back me up. I can immediately turn around and blindside them. I can have a pointless conversation with someone and make them feel important.

Following Episode 1: Peter was instantly identified as bearing a likeness to President Obama, which he has heard for the past seven years. His confessionals to the camera indicated he does not deal well with ignorant people. This could be problematic as the game progresses and he interacts with people from the other tribes. He formed a solid four-person alliance with the younger members of his tribe (Aubry, Neal, and Liz). At the same time, after Debbie, he is next most likely to say something that gets him in trouble.

https://t.co/TgKXWegqXs

Following Episode 2: Peter appears to be destined to have a clash with Debbie, as her constant preaching seems to be more irritating to him than anyone else. Yet he is wise enough to see the value of keeping her around for as long as possible, because it is clear that she has no apparent strategy in effect and would not garner any support for any potential big move or Sole Survivor.

Following Episode 3: Following Liz’s elimination, Peter is now tied with Alecia of the Brawn tribe for being the castaway who would most benefit from a realignment into two new tribes, which appears on the horizon (probably after the next vote). His arrogance, which became even more apparent when he bragged about being emotionally connected with patients in his profession, was his undoing, as he clearly failed at reading social cues and adjusting his own behavior.

Following Episode 4: It seems clear that Peter was saved over Liz because of his strength in challenges, which he displayed multiple times in this episode. His confessionals to the camera indicating a desire for revenge seems childish and indicative of his general lack of awareness of his grating personality. He will certainly benefit from a tribal reconfiguration, especially if he is teamed with Jason from the Brawn tribe or Nick from the Beauty tribe. However, if he winds up with two or three familiar faces from his current tribe, he will be in trouble.

https://t.co/TgKXWegqXs

Peter Baggenstos (new Gondol, formerly in "Brains")
Following Episode 5: Peter would have been the next member of the "Brains" tribe eliminated if the tribes had not been reconfigured, so he is a clear winner. Aubry and Joe were compelled to work with him just to preserve the favorable numbers. Yet his arrogance continued to shine though his fake pleasantness. It is doubtful that he will last much longer, as Aubry and Joe will take the first opportunity to eliminate him when it does not put them in danger. Even though it is doubtful that Peter will last, he was a winner this episode. ...How much did the reconfiguration hurt or help Peter's chances (scale of 1 to 10, 1 hurt very much, 10 helped very much)? 9.

Following Episode 6: Peter, in his confessionals and one-on-one conversations with Julia, Tai, and Scot, exhibited a petulant attitude toward his former Brains tribemates for eliminating his ally Liz. In the previous episode, he kept his venom in check and played nicely with Aubry and Joe in following their plan to eliminate Anna, recognizing that the numbers did not favor him crossing original tribal lines. With Julia taking Anna's place, the numbers were no different, yet for whatever reason, he felt that this was his time to begin plotting against Aubry and Joe, and revealed his cards. While the dynamics were slightly different, the premise remains the same -- showing a willingness to throw anyone under the bus immediately raises suspicion on oneself, and doing so with a personal vendetta reveals one to be a wild card that could easily change sides. Whatever power he could have offered in a voting alliance had to have been perceived as temporary, and Julia, Tai, and Scot probably realized this as much as Aubry and Joe did. The viewing audience is rewarded with seeing another unlikeable castaway take an early exit.