Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney

salter-path

Zellweger Desperate for a Break

reneez8gs.jpg

Cold Mountain star Renee Zellweger is escaping the limelight for a year in a desperate bid to avoid burning out. The hardworking beauty, 35, has found that constant film-making is taking its toll, and she's determined to discover more about herself while she's on hiatus.

She says, "I'd like to take a year off from filming. I would like to not go into a make-up trailer for a year." The star, currently dating Irish singer Damien Rice, fears that fatigue will prevent her from being at her best on set. She adds, "I don't think I'd have so much to give to a project that I was participating in right now because I'm in such need of a break."

Texas-born Zellweger is also keen to use her hard-earned break to reflect on her life so far. She explains, "I want some time to consider my options. I want to figure out who I am as a grown-up woman. I need to refuel. I need to live a bit as just a girl and not as somebody else."

• 1 month later...

logo.gif

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

TYING THE KNOT:

050510entertainment.jpg

Oscar winner Renee Zellweger married country star Kenny Chesney on Monday in a small ceremony on the Caribbean island of St. John. Although the couple first met in January and only began dating last month, Chesney has reportedly been crushing on Zellweger for years. In fact, he was inspired to write his 1999 hit "You Had Me from Hello" after seeing her in Jerry Maguire. Chesney is currently penning a follow-up to that track titled "You Had Me from They Call This War a Cloud over the Land But They Made the Weather and Then They Stand in the Rain and Say 'S--t, It's Raining!'"

Guest Anonymous
I absolutley love this union! I rank this up there with the Brad and Jennifer marriage..sure hope it has better results though.

I second and third that! She didn't waste any time. Good to read a happy celebrity story for a change. Good for them. Let's hope it's everlasting...! :D

Guest Anonymous

Ya know, I remembered reading she was dating another musician, just couldn't remember who. And your article reminded me. I hope this works out for them. At this point I am quited jaded when it comes to celebrity marriages...! :wink:

Guest GaYToR

It's just another fake wedding. Like Tom and Nicole. Renee Zellweger is a lesbian so it was good to quash rumours about both of them. Kenny is still madly in love with me and very happy being the meat in mine and Danny's chicken sandwich. Kenny told me all about it when I saw him April 26th. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Oh, she looks so lovely! Thanks for the photos, Jem.

Hmm, where is the alligator...taking a swim???

I was shooked too when I found this out, I love Kenny and I didnt even know they were dating! Well Renee enjoy him while you can becasue he is mine and will come back to me lol! :lol:

Guest XandraSkye

I don't even know who he is. So, that should tell you how often I listen to country music.

Best Wishes to the Happy Couple!

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Kenny Chesney's proposal to Renee Zellweger apparently was no candlelight dinner and bent knee affair. In fact, Chesney says there was no proposal.

"She wouldn't let me, really. She just told me to name a town and place and she'd be there," the 37-year-old country singer told reporters after the 40th Academy of Country Music Awards show.

Zellweger and Chesney were wed May 9 in a small ceremony on the Caribbean island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands. It's the first marriage for both.

The couple met at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief benefit on Jan. 15, where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones.

Zellweger, 36, won a best supporting actress Oscar for 2003's Cold Mountain. Her screen credits also include Chicago and Bridget Jones's Diary.

Asked what it's like being married, Chesney replied: "To be honest with you, it's not all that different. I'm just not searching anymore."

Chesney, who won entertainer of the year at the Academy of Country Music Awards, said Zellweger had to skip the show because she's making a movie.

Renee's instant love

BANG

(BANG) - Renee Zellweger knew she would marry her new husband as soon as they met.

The Oscar-winning actress, who tied the knot with country singer Kenny Chesney last week after a whirlwind five-month romance, told friends she knew he was 'The One' straight away.

Kenny's manager, Dale Morris told America's People magazine: "She said she's been waiting all these years for the right person to come into her life. When she met Kenny, she knew.

"She said she didn't want to wait to find out if it was right. She knew right away."

Friends have also revealed further details about the couple's surprise nuptials - which took place on the island of St. John in the American Virgin islands, where Kenny lives.

The bride, dressed in a 50,000 Carolina Herrera dress, was given away by her father, Emil, with Kenny's tour manager, David Farmer acting as best man.

The smitten pair, who were introduced by their managers backstage at a tsunami fundraiser in January, exchanged silver wedding rings before treating guests to a buffet of exotic seafood.

A source added: "Renee and Kenny looked so in love, it was a joy.

"Although they are both hugely successful, they are basically two folk from the Deep South who have found their soul mate."

&EngCP; BANG Media International

Zellweger Gets Star on Hollywood Walk

rstar5zv.jpg

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Academy Award-winner Renee Zellweger recalled her first trip to Hollywood nearly two decades ago as a tourist as she received her own shiny star Tuesday on the Walk of Fame. "I used two rolls of film on just on these stars alone, and I was so excited to be here, and I had my fingers crossed really tightly that one day I could participate in some small way in this medium that I love so much," the 36-year-old actress said of the 1988 trip with friends."But I got to tell you that I never ever imagined a day like this or that I would be invited to be part of this legacy."

Zellweger, whose recent credits include the "Bridget Jones" films, "Chicago" and "Cold Mountain, smiled and picked nervously at her fingernails as director Ron Howard praised her. "The reality of this just hit me a few seconds ago and I am dumbfounded," she said.

The native Texan got her breakout role in "Jerry Maguire" opposite Tom Cruise and entered Hollywood lore with the line: "You had me at hello." Zellweger married country music star Kenny Chesney in a small ceremony May 9 on the Caribbean island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands. It was the first marriage for both.

The couple met at a benefit for tsunami relief in January where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones.

• 3 weeks later...

Renee plumps up

BANG

June 09, 2005

(BANG) - Renee Zellweger will be feeding herself up for her new husband - because he likes plump women.

The 'Bridget Jones' actress, who was recently criticised for looking stick-thin, is planning on guzzling high calorie food to please Kenny Chesney.

While the country singer has assured his new bride he loves her "just the way she is", Renee apparently told a friend: "Kenny's a southern boy and likes a little meat on a woman's bones."

The actress' weight has yo-yoed ever since starring in the original 'Bridget Jones' movie in 2001.

Yesterday (08.06.05.), Renee's ex boyfriend, Jack White, said his shock marriage to model Karen Elson was the "real thing".

The 'White Stripes' musician, who followed in Renee's footsteps by marrying his lover in a secret ceremony following a whirlwind romance, says he knew Karen was 'The One' straight away.

He revealed: "It's definitely for real. We knew it would happen the moment we met."

&EngCP; BANG Media International

• 3 months later...

E! Online

'You Had Me At . . . Goodbye'

by Joal Ryan

ReneeZellweger_KennyChesney_300x225.jpg

Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney in happier times.

A week ago, Renee Zellweger was "happily married" to Kenny Chesney. But in the whirlwind romantic life of the Oscar-winning actress, a lot can happen in seven days. Wednesday, September 14 in Los Angeles, Zellweger checked the paperwork box marked "fraud," and filed for an annulment from her country star husband of four months.

"The reports are true," Zellweger representative Nanci Ryder confirmed. "There are no further details." Zellweger, 36, and Chesney, 37, wed May 9 on a beach in the Virgin Islands. The bride wore a strapless Carolina Herrera; the groom, a black Stetson. The ceremony, held in front of friends and family, came about five months after the couple met at a tsunami relief benefit in January.

zellwegerchesney3.jpg

"I am incredibly happy," Chesney said at the time. "I may well be the luckiest man alive. To be so in love with someone who is so perfect for me. It's just hard to imagine that I'm not going to wake up." Three days later, Chesney resumed his "Somewhere in the Sun" tour.

By late July, E! Online columnist Ted Casablanca was reporting on buzz that had the newlyweds splitting up. At the time, Ryder told Casablanca, "I just saw her [Zellweger], and I'm sure it's not true." Last week, Britain's Daily Mail estimated that Zellweger and Chesney had spent 15 days together since their wedding.

zellwegerchesney1.jpg

Caught by the newspaper on the red carpet for the London premiere of "Cinderella Man," Zellweger, who attended the event solo, batted away rumors of a marriage in swift decline. "I'm happily married," Zellweger said, per the paper, "but I don't talk about it because I want to keep my precious things precious."

Word of their pending annulment was first reported on the afternoon of Thursday, September 15 by People magazine. Later, Los Angeles' City News Service dug up the filing, and the "fraud" declaration. The marriage was the first for both.

Zellweger, the titular singleton of the "Bridget Jones" movies, previously had been linked, but legally unattached, to the likes of White Stripes rocker Jack White, Jim Carrey and George Clooney. Chesney, meanwhile, seems ready to keep rolling right along.

10renee.jpg

The Country Music Association and Academy of Country Music Association's reigning Entertainer of the Year, the singer is set to appear at the 20th anniversary Farm Aid concert on Sunday, September 18 in Illinois. On October 1 in Houston, he'll be part of a Country Music Television benefit concert for victims of Hurricane Katrina. Then there's the new album, "The Road & the Radio"--it's due out November 8.

No word on where the annulment fits into the schedule. In the pantheon of short-lived Hollywood marriages, Zellweger and Chesney's four-month-long union lasted an eternity compared to those of Zsa Zsa Gabor (one day, in 1982) and Britney Spears (55 hours, in 2004).

• 2 weeks later...

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name