Woo Hwang <胡黄> - (7th voted out)

Woo Hwang

survivor31_cast_1080x810_woohwang.jpg

Name: Woo Hwang

Season 28

Survivor: Cagayan

Current Age: 31

Hometown: Newport Beach, CA

Analysis of Woo Hwang (original Ta Keo Tribe).

Following Episode 1: I like Woo as a person, but in his first stint on Survivor, he displayed how his honor code will prevent him from making the correct choices in the game. As long as he is on the stronger tribe, he will go far, because his allies know that they can trust him. Either way, he will not earn the respect needed from a veteran group of players to prove he is the ultimate survivor. Also, if he is in a minority alliance, he will be voted out because of his ability to win challenges for a team.

Following Episode 2: Although Woo appeared in recent season of Survivor, his honor code definitely puts him in the category of "Old School" player. While that left him toward the bottom of his tribe's totem pole after the first tribal council, his status was improved in the second episode when Jeff Varner and Terry Deitz showed that the "Old School" players can "flip the script" and play a "New School" game. Nonetheless, Woo remains an outlier in the grand scheme of the game. Other than Spencer, Woo would be most benefitted by a shakeup in the game (foreshadowed in preview scenes from the next episode).

I'm glad PG is gone. Hopefully he starts playing the game now and starts working with other people. He was listening to her way too much. I think he's a valuable player and has a lot of potential, but damn he seems freaking dumb this season. Completely clueless really. That's what happens when you don't think for yourself though.

Love Woo. Not sure if it is because he is cute or a good player...... well he really is not a good player. 

I liked when he said let's just stick  together and not do anything crazy...knowing it was not going to work. I know I would like him as a person, but he does not have what it takes to work the game.

He needs to stfu and just do well enough to be viable to get to the end. Even then, not a winner.

Well, it was a close call.

(Editing made it look extremely close, not sure how close it really was.)

BUT, somehow Tasha and Savage convinced Abi that it was more important to keep Woo over Jeff Varner, since it gave them a better chance of winning immunity, which would mean avoiding tribal council and having to vote someone out.

And of course, if they somehow lose the immunity challenge again, Woo is the target anyway.

I don't think Woo's pleading and promising at tribal council swayed anyone, but had he been less vocal and less convincing, that may have made Abi switch her vote.

However, at that point, with Tasha, Savage and Woo all voting for Jeff Varner, it would not have changed anything, except the (already low) level of trust that Tasha and Savage have in Abi.

Analysis of Woo Hwang (Angkor Tribe, original Ta Keo)

Following Episode 3: Woo needs to wake up and realize that loyalties shift very quickly in the game. Just because he aligns with Peih-Gee does not mean that everyone else will or should. Woo must be willing to talk both short term and long term strategy with everyone instead of simply just asking what the vote is and what his should be.

Following Episode 4: Like Spencer on the new Bayon tribe, Woo's words at tribal council seem insincere. It is rather obvious that he would be willing to eliminate all three of his current tribemates and form alliances with members of other tribes as soon as possible. Like Jeff Varner, Woo was unlucky in how the tribes broke down since Day 1. His only hope for going far is to avoid tribal council until all tribes merge.

Boo-hoo! Toodle-loo, Woo!

Woo Hwang (Ta Keo after 2nd swap, Angkor after 1st swap, original Ta Keo)

Following Episodes 5 and 6: Woo's elimination might have been the collateral damage for Andrew Savage's curious decision to announce Ciera as their tribe's red herring for an intended vote against Spencer. At the same time, Woo's lack of assertiveness in creating alliances and plotting within them left him susceptible to this sort of blindside vote. Regardless of the words he shared with the Angkor tribe at his previous tribal council, he needed to show willingness to work with more members of his tribe than just Savage. So, like many of the previously eliminated castaways, Woo did not make enough changes to the way he played the game the first time and paid the price.

- http://t.co/U8dgCfNiOj