Season 19

Survivor: Samoa

Current Age: 31

Hometown: Queens, NY

Have no memory of her.... 

must be getting old 

Have no memory of her.... 

must be getting old 

Ditto Marty with the exception that I'm not getting older, I'm getting better.

Analysis of Monica Padilla (original Bayon Tribe).

Following Episode 1: Monica got very little face time on the first episode. That leaves me wondering if she might make a deep run in the competition. I am sure she, like Kelley Wentworth, will be underestimated. And we have already seen what Wentworth is capable of accomplishing. As with any other player, it is all about how she positions herself within her alliance and whether she can build relationships outside of it well enough to leverage them at the moments of those inevitable twists (tribe split, merge, swap, etc.).

Following Episode 2: I remain curious about what the video editors are withholding from the viewers about Monica. She appears to be lying in wait in her tribe, and the only way we will know more about her status is when she is on a tribe that is headed to tribal council. As far as I can tell, she can strategize with the other smart, strategic women of her tribe (Kass, Tasha, Ciera), but will she distinguish herself enough to earn the votes needed to win in the end? Time will tell.

seriously who the heck is she? 

Analysis of Monica Padilla (Bayon Tribe, original Bayon)

Following Episode 3: Like Kimmi, Monica continues to fly under the radar. She is in a group of solid female players on the original Bayon Tribe who all seemed destined to be on the jury barring a dramatic event that changes their fortune.

Following Episode 4: Monica remains an X-factor. She is beginning to plot against Spencer, which leads me to believe that she has plans to eliminate others on her tribe. As I noted elsewhere, the preview scenes from the next episode seemed to suggest in-fighting amongst the women of this tribe. Monica cannot alienate too many people on her current tribe if she has any hope of lasting longer than the strong women of the new Ta Keo tribe (Kass, Ciera, Wentworth).

WHY is this minor LUMP there? 

what a WASTE of a spot

Not a problem anymore, eh!

Wow, what a fantastic blindside that was!

Monica Padilla (Bayon after swap, original Bayon)

Following Episode 5: Monica's fate was sealed when she foolishly revealed to Kimmi her long-term plan to create a women's alliance against the men, which eventually would have targeted the men in her tribe. Setting aside her annoying comments to Kimmi about preserving the ocean ecology (which also seemed foolish when contemplating how hungry these castaways must be and how unlikely it was that they would remain on that beach for the remainder of the competition), it is Survivor 101 to not plot against one's alliance, no matter how far down the road, with another member of the alliance, since that member could easily have alternate plans which are more aligned with the current alliance. Monica's only reasonable option for sharing those plans would have been with Kelly Wiglesworth to plot first against Spencer and then later on (presumably post-merge) against the men. She was justifiably characterized as a snake at a phase of the game when the best plan is to hold strong with those whom you have shared the longest period of time on the island.

- http://t.co/U8dgCfNiOj