Name: Kelly Wiglesworth

Season 1

Survivor: Borneo

Current Age: 37

Hometown: Greensboro, NC

I think ol Kell used Melissa Gilberts plastic surgeon

Melissa-Gilbert-en-septembre-2009_portra

Jeff's favorite?

She seems OK but I don't really remember anything special. 

Time will tell 

Analysis of Kelly Wiglesworth (original Ta Keo Tribe).

Following Episode 1: Kelly Wigglesworth should be fun to watch, since she is the only competitor who previously competed on the show before it was known to be a worldwide phenomenon. I suspect she will not last long, if only because her intensity about the game does not match those of some of the other strong players, particularly the other women. At the same time, this might allow some of the men who view her lack of intensity as something refreshing (i.e. anti-Shirin, anti-Kass).

Following Episode 2: Like Jeff Varner, Kelly Wigglesworth showed that she can make decisions and alliances that will protect her and thus propel her forward in the game. It seems that she has built good relationships with her tribemates. However, she might be most damaged by a shakeup that would leave her on a new tribe, because it probably took her more work than most to build those strategic alliances. I view her as someone who will be scrappy and find a way to make it through tribal council votes, so out of all contestants, I am most willing to change my original prediction of her and now say that she stands a good chance to make it to the jury stage.

I think Jeff is trying really hard to make us feel some sort of emotional, sentimental attachment to her, but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it's because I actually liked Richard Hatch though and was happy he won the game.

Analysis of Kelly Wiglesworth (Bayon Tribe, original Ta Keo)

Following Episode 3: If Kelly has any chance to make it to the jury now, she must be willing to become a pawn in the long-term plans of the original Bayon women. The men on her current tribe do not strike me as long for the game under any circumstances. Her biggest mistake would be to think that eliminating the women puts her in a more prominent position in the overall landscape of the game. It does not.

Following Episode 4: Wigglesworth is in trouble if the other women of her tribe feel like they need to keep around men capable of winning challenges longer than her. She was very unlucky with how the tribes broke down, because the other personalities on that tribe appear to be difficult to manipulate into currying favor for her. Much like Woo on the Angkor tribe, she will need to avoid tribal council until the tribes merge in order to make the jury.

I think Jeff is trying really hard to make us feel some sort of emotional, sentimental attachment to her, but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it's because I actually liked Richard Hatch though and was happy he won the game.

she was a bore the first season

there were a lot of veterans I MUCH rather would like to have seen

MUCH

Kelly Wiglesworth (Ta Keo after 2nd swap, Bayon after 1st swap, original Ta Keo)

Following Episodes 5 and 6: Kelly Wiglesworth has not been the recipient of good fortune with regards to tribe placement and shake-ups. Despite being targeted as a result of the numbers game, she has flown under the radar enough to avoid getting a majority of votes at tribal council. Still, she once again fell on the side of the dissenting vote at the most recent tribal council, which shows that she has not had enough time to develop relationships with the proverbial power players of the game and instead placed faith in the wrong people, this time Savage and Woo. If she wanted to make a good move, she could persuade Ciera and Kass to work with her instead of Abi-Maria.

Kelly Wiglesworth (original Ta Keo, Bayon after 1st swap, Ta Keo after 2nd swap)

Following Episode 7 (the merge): Kelly Wiglesworth has done well to insulate herself from scrutiny by aligning with original Bayon tribe members and not causing waves at camp. Like Spencer, I am unsure of how she will avoid being at the bottom of the pecking order in any sub-alliance. She should survive a while longer, since those perceived stronger members will be targeted. As long as she is not the one proposing who those targets should be, she will remain out of the crosshairs. By the same token, there are not many remaining castaways who would receive fewer votes than her in a final jury vote, so she needs to instigate a big move at some point.

Following Episode 8: Like Spencer, Kelly Wiglesworth appears to be simply throwing her votes out there as insurance policies for the majority alliance. I do not see what her potential big move could be, as she appears to have good relationships with most people, yet none of them appear to be as tight-knit as what those people have with others. So at some point she will be voted out due to numbers. Also like Spencer, her biggest statement to the game could be to rejoin original Ta Keo members Spencer, Kelley Wentworth, and Abi-Maria in turning the tide of the game. However, she more so than Spencer appears to have set aside original tribal lines a long time ago.

Following Episode 9: Regardless of all the speeches given about voting blocks and shifting alliances, this episode was a straightforward display of the relatively old school strategy of eliminating one half of any perceived power couple. Joe is considered to be a strong player, proven again by his third straight immunity challenge victory, and he is very likeable as well. The episode depicted Kelly Wiglesworth as his closest female ally, which was unusual, considering how they had not spent any time in the same tribe until the merge. Of course, Joe was at odds with Ciera, Kelley Wentworth, and Abi-Maria, and Tasha and Kimmi appeared to have stronger alliances with other men. Since Kelly Wiglesworth seemed to have good relationships with everyone, including current and future jurors, it seemed only sensible to eliminate her before she could be the best option among unlikeable candidates to receive votes at the final tribal council. In her confessional following tribal council aired during the closing credits, she expressed how she did not want to play in the new school manner. Much like Andrew Savage, the previously eliminated contestant who was too passive in relying upon majority alliances, Kelly Wiglesworth's inability to assert her place in the game was her undoing. It will be interesting to see how she might vote for a Sole Survivor, because unlike Cass and Andrew Savage, her vote might be up for grabs, assuming Joe does not reach the end.

Following Season Finale: This was the quintessential example of how jury members who have been sitting around and waiting for a while might become disinterested in the whole process. Kelly asked a worthless question that only had sentimental value to die-hard Survivor fans. Her mind was probably made up in favor of Jeremy before the final tribal council began, as she never had any sort of relationship with Spencer despite them spending their entire time on the same tribe. This is an example of how actions (on inactions in the case of Spencer not forging a relationship with Kelly) in the early part of the game have its effects at the very late stages.

- http://t.co/U8dgCfNiOj