Keith Nale

survivor31_cast_1080x810_keithnale.jpg

Label: Keith Nale

Season 29

Survivor: San Juan del Sur

Current Age: 54

Hometown: Keithville, LA

Kinda like this old fart. He was good at challenges 

Any good 'ole boy from Lou-ease-e-anna is OK in my book. I like the little critter.

he went too good old boy for my tastes his last tour

People forget what a hillbilly asshole he turned into last time. 

stick a camo fork in him

Analysis of Keith Nale (original Bayon Tribe).

Following Episode 1: Keith should be a lot of fun to watch. However, I feel that he will be trapped in a numbers game and eliminated further away from the final tribal council than in his previous season. However, if he can connect on a personal level with others on the tribe, he can rally support to preserve him past other perceived strong tribe members.

Following Episode 2: There is really not much I can add about Keith. I barely remember him appearing in this episode. He continues to maintain a solid place in the hard-working alliance, which serves him well for now. A shakeup whereby he is sent to live on a different camp would work one of two ways: 1) He earns respect from new tribe members by improving the shelter, or 2) He is unable to show off what he accomplished at his original tribe. Keith should be fine as long as he does not ruffle feathers, which I have a hard time imagining him doing. It appears that he is good at keeping his opinions about lazy tribemates to himself.

I was so happy to see Keith! - his tribe has won both challenges, so I have not seen him much, but now with the changeup coming, I'm hoping that he makes out ok - he's a good egg -

He seems like a cynical crud with a chip on his shoulder. The cynical crud part I usually like in someone, the chip on the shoulder, not so much.

Not feeling an love for him this season. blaaaa

Analysis of Keith Nale (Ta Keo Tribe, original Bayon)

Following Episode 3: Keith is in a good position as being the third most prominent physical threat among men on his tribe. There is little chance that he will be voted off in an upcoming vote, unless his mouth gets him into trouble, which he has yet to display as a possibility.

Following Episode 4: Keith's position remains unchanged, although in the core alliance of original Bayon tribe members in this tribe, he would appear to be at the bottom. He should be willing to turn on this at the right time, which probably will come later rather than sooner.

If he keeps making me laugh with his cover-my-eyes-and-I-can't-hear bit, he can stay.

So far he's not as much of a hillbilly ass without his son around.

Keith Nale (Bayon after 2nd swap, Ta Keo after 1st swap, original Bayon)

Following Episodes 5 and 6: Keith has been the greatest beneficiary of the tribe placements and swaps, since has been well-insulated from being perceived as a threat. He might become collateral damage in a potential gambit to eliminate Joe. If he is smart, he will see this coming and turn against Joe to save himself, even better if he can do it in an outward way that wins final jury votes.

Keith Nale (original Bayon, Ta Keo after 1st swap, Bayon after 2nd swap)

Following Episode 7 (the merge): Keith remains insulated by his relationship with Joe but could become collateral damage from that relationship if his original Bayon alliance wishes to fire a salvo against Joe. Keith will probably play like Kimmi and urge the tribe to be "Bayon strong," but that is not likely to happen, especially if the upcoming scenes are any indication. Keith is the most likely to receive a Woo-like blindside vote against him unless he is more proactive in talking to castaways outside his alliance.

Following Episode 8: It was nice to see some of Keith's personality on display during the reward feast. I imagine that Keith recognizes that, like Kimmi, he is well-insulated from scrutiny. At the same time (and as expressed previously), he could become collateral damage in a plot against Joe. The only way Keith makes a mark on the game and distinguishes himself from Joe is if he spearheads a move against Tasha, Jeremy, Fishbach, or other members of the majority alliance. He appears to be too loyal to do that, which leaves me fairly convinced he will not reach the end, as there are other, less likeable candidates to fill the seats at the final tribal council.

Following Episode 9: Among the remaining male castaways, Keith is flying under the radar the most. He recognizes how his fate in the game rests a lot with Joe's fate and how he will have to break apart from that at some point. He also recognizes how doing that too soon might be a detriment. The elimination of Kelly Wiglesworth is a cautionary sign about being too passive. Keith does not have many moves left. It will be interesting to see if he makes one or gets voted out within the next two or three tribal councils.

Following Episodes 10, 11, and 12: Keith has proven his mettle in recent challenges, going down to the wire against Joe and finally prevailing in one of the most impressive endurance challenge performances in Survivor history. However, his resume for the title of Sole Survivor is quite scarce. He will need to make a big move to receive any consideration, yet he does not have any clout, such as a hidden immunity idol or a reward offering during which he could make a strategic move. It appears only the latter is possible at this point. The question is with whom he would want to align, because the only chance he has of winning the title is if he is sitting next to Abi-Maria and Kelley Wentworth at the end. As described under Kelley, she has a strong resume for the title.

I've come to like Keith. I like that he's been the only one to really take on Joe this entire time. I love Joe, I'm sad to see him go, but damn I have some mad respect for Keith for being the one to challenge him the most. I also like that he voted for Tasha, not Joe. He knew it would have been good to keep Joe around to keep the target off of himself while also avoiding an all girl alliance. I want him to win now.

Elle... he just might win.

He's amazing in the endurance challenges....

Who'd a thunk ??

Also seems to keep a low profile while the rest of them scramble?

I'm officially rooting for Keith and now that I've said it out loud, he'll be voted off.  That's usually how it works.

Following Episode 13: As much as some of the other castaways might consider Keith to be undeserving of Sole Survivor, he has held his own in both a social and physical game in which he has been pitted against competitors much younger than him since the elimination of Andrew Savage. Nonetheless, there are very few scenarios in which he can make a winning argument to the jury, since they will see that he was well-protected by Joe and did not make any big moves in the game, including his most recent failed attempt to eliminate Tasha.