Vanessa Rousso (Week 12) - HoH

Marty

This is a high stakes game and Vanessa is going all out to win.  She is employing an arsenal of weapons at her disposal.  As we have seen from other seasons, the jury appreciates those who manipulate, bully, lie, deceive, mislead and take advantage of other players and give them the win. If they happen to be men, that is.   If Vanessa makes it to F2, she would be the only female other than Danielle Reyes who has used the above weapons successfully.  For some reason folks just can't seem to accept these qualities in a woman, even in a gay woman. Maybe they will feel that her actions are too "unladylike" and deny her the win.  It wouldn't surprise me, but it would be so wrong to me.

Who are these folks that can't accept these qualities in a gay woman? 

Maybe I missed somethings, but it seems to me just about everyone who posts here gives her props for her game play.

If you're talking about somewhere other than here, I apologize.

I think she was referring to the jury.

I don't know if she was talking about the jury either.

Yet another reason to dislike her. The large majority of people are tired of having to give in to crybaby demands because of these "cards". We are not misogynists! We are not homophobic! You are just a Butthole. Fake victimhood ruins the world and dimeans the very real cases of discrimination.

( to be clear, my comments would be directed at whom i believe Vanessa to be rather than any poster here) not for repressing any opinions even ones I disagree with.)

Haha finally we agree and now I kinda want him to vote out Steve.  LOL

My pipe-dream scenario is somehow Vanessa convinces Liz to vote Austin & then Johnny votes Steve and Vanessa still has to make that decision that she's trying so desperately to avoid.

Why not?  Everything else Vanessa is involved in gets convoluted beyond recognition.   :)

However, Vanessa may convince Liz to vote Austin simply because she doesn't trust that Jmac will, realizing there's a very good chance she'll have to tie-break anyway which is what I want the very most of all.   :)

I think she was referring to the jury.

I was referring to the jury, who in my opinion, do not appreciate women who play this game hard. These skillful women never seem to win the grand prize. However, those same hard qualities employed by men seem to be rewarded by the jury. This is just my opinion. 

I don't know if she was talking about the jury either.

Yet another reason to dislike her. The large majority of people are tired of having to give in to crybaby demands because of these "cards". We are not misogynists! We are not homophobic! You are just a Butthole. Fake victimhood ruins the world and dimeans the very real cases of discrimination.

( to be clear, my comments would be directed at whom i believe Vanessa to be rather than any poster here) not for repressing any opinions even ones I disagree with.)

Let me be clear, I am not a fan of Vanessa, but I feel that she is playing the game much better than anyone else this season. I think she deserves to win if she makes it to F2.   I feel her fake crying and fake victimhood are game strategies, and we have no evidence that she employs these strategies outside of this game.  

As a woman, I am dismayed because some folks on this board and others dislike Vanessa because of the way she is playing the game.  Sure, some grudgingly give her props for her hardnosed game play but at the same time dislike her as a person for the exact same reasons.  Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinions, I love reading and commenting on them.   But when men get a pass for the very thing that women get attacked for, it tends to pi$$ me off!   I never implied that anyone on this board is misogynistic or homophobic, I haven't seen any evidence of either, but there is a feeling that if Vanessa was a man, she would get a lot more respect.  

Plus, somerandomguy, it takes a BUTTHOLE to know one, LOL. :cheers:  

I could not have made it any clearer. At no point were any posters comments construed to be attacking me or men or anyone for that matter.

It is my firm belief that some people today search out for any possible word or situation so that may claim a prejudice against them. It cheapens the very real and numerous cases that do exist in our culture. I believe Vanessa to be one of those types of personalities. IMO when she acts like a bitch she does get respect. I call that ownership of strong character traits. On the other hand when she acts that way and then turns on the tears and the world is against me, I'm all alone crap, its my belief then is when she is looked at as a bad person.

As for Linda... I am often a butthole ;)

I dislike Vanessa and Austin both on a game basis and personality basis. Putting all that aside I think Vanessa is dreaming if she thinks she has any chance against Austin or Liz in the final two. The Austwins, Jackie James or Megs will never vote for her if she is up against either Austin or Liz. I also think it would be very sleazy to abandon Steve now and there will be a backlash if she does both in the game after the game is over. BUT if she can blindside Austin now and then get Liz out next week she just may get Austin's vote on an ego basis alone (she was smart enough to get ME out) and he would probably sway Liz with that logic (assuming she CAN get logic). To me that is playing the odds she is always spouting about.

This season has been a tough one to bear but I love the game. I am not often right about the choices the people make but the human dynamic continues to fascinate me. So I will root for a J/S final waving ba-bye to Van. If not its comforting to know Morts is here.

I am just going to throw this out here and leave it at that.  I do not like the way Vanessa is playing the game.  I do not think she has the Dan mist or any of that crap.  I think she is in a houseful of total idiots that have left her in the game when she should have been gone long ago.  They all seem to know that she is calling all the shots and they are ok with that.  Does she deserve to win this season of big brother??? Sure I think she does but I don't have to like her and I don't. 

I am just going to throw this out here and leave it at that.  I do not like the way Vanessa is playing the game.  I do not think she has the Dan mist or any of that crap.  I think she is in a houseful of total idiots that have left her in the game when she should have been gone long ago.  They all seem to know that she is calling all the shots and they are ok with that.  Does she deserve to win this season of big brother??? Sure I think she does but I don't have to like her and I don't. 

I agree with all you've said.  Vanessa told everyone too many times to count that she is "really really smart" and they believed her.  She really isn't.  Maybe she used to be above average intellectually, but drugs and alcohol can change that.  She also claims to have an eidetic memory.  She does not.  On more than one occasion she has looked thoroughly confused when confronted with something that was said or done because she simply doesn't recall it. 

In another season, with better competitors, she would have been toast early in the game. 

I am going to reiterate.  I am not a fan of Vanessa, but I am a fan of BB and I hate what some HG's have to do in order to win this game.  But since the goal of each HG is to get to F2, how one got there should be of utmost importance to the jury.  Generally, BB juries seem to vote for HG's who have had really good control over their game, as well as having been a decent competitor.  As it is difficult, if not impossible, to get there without both.

Like it or not, Vanessa is ruling that house with an iron fist, LOL.  I have never seen anyone on BB with so much control over the other HG's.  She has forced the other HG's to tell her their secret deals with one another, that is unheard of!   She is a phenomenal strategist or recognized as such by the other HG's.  Even when things don't go as planned, she is still able to turn things around to her advantage. 

She has set herself up to go to F3 with everyone left in the house.  She has heavily influenced at least 90% of HOH's and Veto holders this season.  She is also a kick ass competitor, racking up 4 HOH's and 2 Veto's so far.  And whether she wins this game or not,  I believe that she will go down in history as one of BB greatest players.  I believe that she has earned a spot on the BB All Stars roster.     

I really don't expect many people to agree with me, as all of this is just my humble opinion, but I have to give credit where credit is due!

No credit due as far as I'm concerned.  Odds of Vanessa winning at this point are not good.  I agree that the makeup of the other players is what has allowed her to get as far as she has this season.  James was the only one left who seemed to have the ability to recognize she needed to go.  Ironically, I think James would have actually been Vanessa's best ally going forward once Meg was gone (he basically had no other option -- if Vanessa was that good of a strategist she would have recognized that and grabbed it while she could).

John feels no allegiance to her.  Steve distrusts her as well.  Austwins will take only each other to the final.  Where does that leave Vanessa?

If she gets rid of Austin this week, Liz will be exactly in the same position that James would have been in, so that might be a guarantee for Vanessa

to make it to final two -- however, going to the finals with Liz disadvantages Vanessa big time as Liz will automatically have two jury votes waiting for her. 

I don't see how this makes Vanessa a good strategist, let alone a "great" player.

I am going to reiterate.  I am not a fan of Vanessa, but I am a fan of BB and I hate what some HG's have to do in order to win this game.  But since the goal of each HG is to get to F2, how one got there should be of utmost importance to the jury.  Generally, BB juries seem to vote for HG's who have had really good control over their game, as well as having been a decent competitor.  As it is difficult, if not impossible, to get there without both.

Like it or not, Vanessa is ruling that house with an iron fist, LOL.  I have never seen anyone on BB with so much control over the other HG's.  She has forced the other HG's to tell her their secret deals with one another, that is unheard of!   She is a phenomenal strategist or recognized as such by the other HG's.  Even when things don't go as planned, she is still able to turn things around to her advantage. 

She has set herself up to go to F3 with everyone left in the house.  She has heavily influenced at least 90% of HOH's and Veto holders this season.  She is also a kick ass competitor, racking up 4 HOH's and 2 Veto's so far.  And whether she wins this game or not,  I believe that she will go down in history as one of BB greatest players.  I believe that she has earned a spot on the BB All Stars roster.     

I really don't expect many people to agree with me, as all of this is just my humble opinion, but I have to give credit where credit is due!

I think Vanessa may have run out of Skittles before she was able to strategize how she could actually win the game.  (Perhaps she ate them judging by the fact that her ass got more than a wee bit wider since entering the house.)  She could possibly get to F3, and maybe even to F2, but I think her chances of actually winning are very slim.  Gravitating toward the showmance in the house will likely be her fatal mistake.  She should have been smart enough to break that up early on, and that is why I do NOT think she will go down in history as one of BB's greatest players.  JMO

No credit due as far as I'm concerned.  Odds of Vanessa winning at this point are not good.  I agree that the makeup of the other players is what has allowed her to get as far as she has this season.  James was the only one left who seemed to have the ability to recognize she needed to go.  Ironically, I think James would have actually been Vanessa's best ally going forward once Meg was gone (he basically had no other option -- if Vanessa was that good of a strategist she would have recognized that and grabbed it while she could).

John feels no allegiance to her.  Steve distrusts her as well.  Austwins will take only each other to the final.  Where does that leave Vanessa?

If she gets rid of Austin this week, Liz will be exactly in the same position that James would have been in, so that might be a guarantee for Vanessa

to make it to final two -- however, going to the finals with Liz disadvantages Vanessa big time as Liz will automatically have two jury votes waiting for her. 

I don't see how this makes Vanessa a good strategist, let alone a "great" player.

Agree, and Julia will have been in the Jury house long enough to chum up to the other jurors, so that might help Liz when it comes to votes. 

I have to agree with pretty much everything you said. Unlike most of the viewers, I do believe Vanessa is a very good player. Sure it helps to have some idiots in the house, but, lots of the idiot play in the house has been influenced by Vanessa. Although I don't like the overwhelming bullying and intimidation she has used, I can't blame her for taking advantage of people that were to dumb to stand up for themselves. But, I still don't like her paranoid personality and I do not want her to win.