Worst season ever in BB History

trector9409

I love Big Brother, it my favorite show for the summer months.  I have watched this show from its inception.  I always watch every episode at least twice(I have cable and ON DEMAND)  So it grieves me when the game is played with a house full of recruits who have no idea on how the game should be played.   I have to criticize the show so that the producers can try to make the show better.  How else would they know what the viewers think or how disappointed we are unless we tell them?  The show will never be cancelled because of bad reviews or the things people say on the internet.  It can only be cancelled based on ratings and viewership. If it continues its high ratings, it will continue to be renewed each year. But I think it is OUR right and OUR duty to give feedback and constructive criticism so that they can produce the most entertaining show possible.

I just hate the double HOH thing and BOB.  It doesn't make any sense and doesn't make the show any more interesting.

In my opinion, it hurts the game. It basically causes a target to be put on the smaller, weaker players in the early part of the game. Now and then, a strong player will be picked off, but for the most part, the weaker players without an alliance will be on the block. On top of that, the HOHs get people to throw competitions and sabotage the person they are targeting. I hope they do not bring the Double HOH and BOB back. 

In my opinion, it hurts the game. It basically causes a target to be put on the smaller, weaker players in the early part of the game. Now and then, a strong player will be picked off, but for the most part, the weaker players without an alliance will be on the block. On top of that, the HOHs get people to throw competitions and sabotage the person they are targeting. I hope they do not bring the Double HOH and BOB back. 

Agree

What many people fail to realize is that this entire game is set up where poor sportsmanship is encouraged and rewarded. But, apparently, that is what most people love about this game.   Whether it is the BotB where players throw competitions and sabotage other players, or players lie, deceive and backstab other players, or a large group of player gang up on one player or a smaller group of players, no one seems to be able to win this game based on his or her own merits.  I don't know when was the last time a winner claimed victory based solely on their own physical and/or mental prowess and integrity.   So, in my opinion, competitions like the Double HOH and BotB are just the nature of the beast.  

I know things at Morty's die down near the end of every BB season, but I don't think I have ever seen it this dead at this point in the season.

This is the first season I've watched where I was so disinterested in the outcome. I can handle unlikable characters but this final group is both unlikable AND boring.

This cast also seems to be the most incredibly stupid group of people ever! I mean, who on earth would leave an obvious 3-person alliance (Liz, Julia and Austin) in the game?! Liz should have been the first, not the last, of the trio to evict... that way you would be breaking up two 2-person alliances, plus, early on Julia hated Austin. ::shrug:: ::rolling eyes:: ::shaking my head::

This is the first season I've watched where I was so disinterested in the outcome. I can handle unlikable characters but this final group is both unlikable AND boring.

This cast also seems to be the most incredibly stupid group of people ever! I mean, who on earth would leave an obvious 3-person alliance (Liz, Julia and Austin) in the game?! Liz should have been the first, not the last, of the trio to evict... that way you would be breaking up two 2-person alliances, plus, early on Julia hated Austin. ::shrug:: ::rolling eyes:: ::shaking my head::

ITA. In fact, julia and liz should been evicted before they got to play together. The reason liz was not the first of the trio to be evicted is because liz was best for vanessa's game. 

ITA also.  I kept hoping that somebody had an intelligent plan and I just wasn't seeing it.  But no, they ALL were just incredibly stupid.  When Julia and Liz were on the block and the HGs left it up to them to decide which one would go to jury I lost all hope in this cast. 

Does anyone remember on survivor when that Erik kid gave up his immunity necklace to Natalie at the final five to gain trust? Even though he was not part of the alliance of the four left he did it. They had told him before the challenge he was the next to go. Dumbest move ever in Survivor. These HG's have been that kind of stupid.

As for me, I feel like like a horse with a broken leg, waiting for the vet to arrive with the needle to end my misery. C'mon finale needle!

Does anyone remember on survivor when that Erik kid gave up his immunity necklace to Natalie at the final five to gain trust? Even though he was not part of the alliance of the four left he did it. They had told him before the challenge he was the next to go. Dumbest move ever in Survivor. These HG's have been that kind of stupid.

As for me, I feel like like a horse with a broken leg, waiting for the vet to arrive with the needle to end my misery. C'mon finale needle!

I think the biggest problem with the HG's is that they all want to be liked. They want to be liked by the people inside and outside the house. Every time you turn around, Vanessa is crying about how she is not a bad person. Steve constantly thinks and talks out loud and narrates his games moves for his live feed fans. I believe most of them would like to parlay their BB experience into a show or something more like Jeff or Dan or Wil Heuser. Winning the game and collecting $500,000 is secondary. I think half of them would be more impressed with the $25,000 and AFP than actually winning.  

Sure the end of the season can be tough. With the unlikeable, boring , and stupid cast we have, tonights show may have been the worst single episode in 17 years. My apologies to the 4 people who like VanAssa

A clip show was like breaking up a final movie into two parts. You know Harry Potter Finale Part 1: Harry walks around for 3 hours. Big Brother finale. For most of the country who can't stand Van, here are some clips of her.

LOL, Somerandomguy!

I missed most of tonight's show.  I was going to flip over from football for the hour, but ended up watching very little BB because it was just sooooo boring.  I should be anxious for Wednesday's finale show, but I really don't care much.  The season premier of Empire is on and overlaps the first half hour of BB and I'm leaning toward watching it. 

I hope there's better casting next year. 

How do they recruit the players and how do we as viewers know if they are recruited or not?

Pretty simple, really.

When casting agents run into good-looking, interesting people while they are out and about, or looking for people for other shows, they give them a short little informal interview, then ask them if they'd be interested in being on a reality TV show called Big Brother.

If they are, then they are asked to come in when the more extensive interviews take place, as if they've been selected from the pool of candidates.

(There are some exceptions, who are hand-picked for novelty reasons, like Rachel's sister Elissa, or Russell Hanz's brother Willie, or Jeff and Jackie from The Amazing Race.)

How do we, the viewers, know if they were recruited?

It invariably comes out on the live feeds, when houseguests talk about production (which they know they are not allowed to do, but unable to resist, due mostly to boredom).

So someone will mention first-round interviews, and the recruited houseguest(s) will mention they skipped that step, etc.

I enjoyed the first part of the season then it got boooooooooring, so I stopped watching.

Been OBSESSED with the UK versions of BB though (regular and celebrity). They're all on youtube for your binging pleasure.

I knew Steve would win this year from his initial interview with Jeff and I said it! They need to get rid of him fast because he will win it and he did.

Anywhoo see y'all next summer.

Boy, I am so glad this season is over. In past seasons, the last six or seven weeks have generally been the most exciting part of the season. It is when players started making real deals and the backstabbing was interesting and added to the show. Not this year. The last six weeks may have been the most boring 6 weeks in BB history. In my opinion, if they would have stopped the game 3 weeks ago and allowed the folks in the jury to vote and pick a champion...I don't think many fans would have gotten upset. I really think the end of the season was like putting down an injured animal...we were ready to be put out of our misery. 

Boy, I am so glad this season is over. In past seasons, the last six or seven weeks have generally been the most exciting part of the season. It is when players started making real deals and the backstabbing was interesting and added to the show. Not this year. The last six weeks may have been the most boring 6 weeks in BB history. In my opinion, if they would have stopped the game 3 weeks ago and allowed the folks in the jury to vote and pick a champion...I don't think many fans would have gotten upset. I really think the end of the season was like putting down an injured animal...we were ready to be put out of our misery. 

I always come to the message boards after every season to see what people thought of the season and there are always threads describing this season as the WORST SEASON EVER. If that was true and every season was worse than the last, I don't know how BB would have survived this long. Every season the fans put on their rose-colored glasses and wish this season was as exciting as past seasons. I think it is very rare in BB history for the final weeks to be as exciting as the first weeks. Numbers are dwindling and alliances are pretty stable by the final weeks and it comes down mostly to competitions so the feeds become dreadfully dull. This happens almost every season. I don't remember a final week ever that the feeds weren't mind-numbingly dull. Derrick and Andy had the game so locked down the last couple seasons that those were much worse actually. At least this season, the outcome was in doubt and there was a pretty huge upset. And this season started strong. The feeds in June and July were quite entertaining and I thought the season didn't start to lose steam until after the Shelli eviction. I'd say this was definitely the best season since Season 14.

I always come to the message boards after every season to see what people thought of the season and there are always threads describing this season as the WORST SEASON EVER. If that was true and every season was worse than the last, I don't know how BB would have survived this long. Every season the fans put on their rose-colored glasses and wish this season was as exciting as past seasons. I think it is very rare in BB history for the final weeks to be as exciting as the first weeks. Numbers are dwindling and alliances are pretty stable by the final weeks and it comes down mostly to competitions so the feeds become dreadfully dull. This happens almost every season. I don't remember a final week ever that the feeds weren't mind-numbingly dull. Derrick and Andy had the game so locked down the last couple seasons that those were much worse actually. At least this season, the outcome was in doubt and there was a pretty huge upset. And this season started strong. The feeds in June and July were quite entertaining and I thought the season didn't start to lose steam until after the Shelli eviction. I'd say this was definitely the best season since Season 14.

I am glad that you saw it that way. This is the first season that I felt was boring from start to finish. Normally, I enjoy the whole season, even the parts when other people are calling it boring. However, this season just was not exciting to me. But, as boring as I thought it was, I will be waiting for next season. Also, just because someone thinks a season was the worst ever, doesn't mean that they will not watch the next season. 

I liked this season of Big Brother. Perhaps it was not the most lively season but still it was entertaining to me. As usual there were those that I liked and didn't like. There were some that I did not like at first but came to like later on. Of course there were certain one's that I loved to love (Meg) and those who I loved to hate (Vanessa). Although Steve was not my favorite to win I'm glad he did over stuck up Liz. My ahh-haa moment was watching Vanessa come so close and getting snuffed at the end by the socially awkward "boi". That was priceless. I was happy with the AF player choice although I would have preferred Johnny Mac.Overall it was not a "worst ever" season nor was it a "best ever" season. I enjoyed reading Will Kirby's assessment of the bitter jurors. Sorry but I'm glad they were pissed, especially Austin.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name