John "Johnny Mac" McGuire (Week 11)

carmen

John is a complete empty shell.  It has never once occurred to him to play his own game.  I don't even really know why he's on the show.  He has to be the definition

of a puppet.  And to think that Steve is also a puppet.  What are the odds that the house would be blessed with TWO puppets?

I wonder if Vanessa bribed someone in production to get these two puppets on the show so they could play HER game.

I don't know what he's thinking most of the time. He did seem to just give up, but he fought hard to get back in. He is an odd character.

Its hard to get a read on his internal dialogue. The DR is overly influenced by production team IMHO.

I don't know what he's thinking most of the time. He did seem to just give up, but he fought hard to get back in. He is an odd character.

Its hard to get a read on his internal dialogue. The DR is overly influenced by production team IMHO.

Internal dialog

" hurhurhurhurhurhurhurhur "

As odd of a ride as it has been with Jmac, he may have the best position. The Austwins were going to be everyone's target this week and most likely the next. Leaving him and Steve with the left over and the Vanipulator.

IMO he has the jury at that point and needs only to win a final comp to win the game. Of the final 5 ( assuming Liz eliminated Thurs) Best chance of winning:

1 Jmac

2 Steve

3 Van

4 Austin

5 Julia

The only other road bump could be Austin winning HoH next week. His "devil you know" strategy with Van and Genuine relationship with Steve look pretty good in hindsight

As odd of a ride as it has been with Jmac, he may have the best position. The Austwins were going to be everyone's target this week and most likely the next. Leaving him and Steve with the left over and the Vanipulator.

IMO he has the jury at that point and needs only to win a final comp to win the game. Of the final 5 ( assuming Liz eliminated Thurs) Best chance of winning:

1 Jmac

2 Steve

3 Van

4 Austin

5 Julia

The only other road bump could be Austin winning HoH next week. His "devil you know" strategy with Van and Genuine relationship with Steve look pretty good in hindsight

I think you're spot on.  And I hope so, though I wouldn't really mind if Steve won.  Johnny Mac or Steve, makes no difference to me. 

1 Jmac

2 Steve

3 Van

4 Austin

5 Julia

I totally agree!  It would be very close between Jmac & Steve though. Everyone of them needs to be making F2 deals with each of the others and then burning those bridges and make sure they take Julia to the end. Not one of those left would fault them for it because thye know it's the best move for every one of them, and have to proceed hoping the other just might believe them. They would all vote for whichever makes it over Julia. Well except for Austin, he'd vote Julia if he's still trying to keep Liz by then...

I think it would be a total crapshoot on who would win in final 2. Normally it's somewhat predictable who will vote for who, but I'm not sure what guides the decision making process for these houseguests lol

I think John or Steve will fare better with the jury than the others.  Austin may be a weak third after John and Steve.  I think the house is going to

generally direct anger and dislike towards Vanessa the most, followed closely by the twins.

During deliberations they always stick the jury with a guide though, who steers people toward voting based on game-play rather than emotions. I imagine it's easier for jury people to disconnect themselves from their emotions after they've been out of the house for a bit, too.

I don't see JMac getting game-play votes. He would have to build a case for himself. But judging by JMac's block speeches he would just say something like "Give me the money if you want.... I guess". Lol

JMac could only win against Julia. (Van gets to final 2 she wins no matter who she's sitting next to.)

Did anyone else notice in the last HOH comp when they had to put the picture puzzles together he had all but 1 piece in the last one and just stood there so Steve would win?  I did not have it recorded so I couldn't go back and watch so please tell me if I was wrong but it sure looked like he deliberately lost it.

Maybe he has felt safe enough to throw things?  

Did anyone else notice in the last HOH comp when they had to put the picture puzzles together he had all but 1 piece in the last one and just stood there so Steve would win?  I did not have it recorded so I couldn't go back and watch so please tell me if I was wrong but it sure looked like he deliberately lost it.

Maybe he has felt safe enough to throw things?

Indeed.

On the show, they showed him saying he was throwing the comptetion to Steve, in a subsequent Diary Room session.

Verbatim: "So it's down to me and Steve. Best case scenario, we're going to send a big target home this week. Now it's really down to 'Who should win this HoH? What's better for our long-term game?'. I need to be playing HoH next week; Steve, you need to take down this win. Congratulations, buddy! I'll play next week."

Could be.

On the AfterDark episode following the HoH competition, John made it clear to Steve that it's probably better this way, since this HoH was a puzzle comp, while the next one has a good chance of having more of a physical element to it, in which case he has the edge over Steve. (Of course, it could always just be one of those "A or B" / "Before or After" challenges, too.)

In any case, that was the reasoning behind his decision, which he shared with Stever.

Could be.

On the AfterDark episode following the HoH competition, John made it clear to Steve that it's probably better this way, since this HoH was a puzzle comp, while the next one has a good chance of having more of a physical element to it, in which case he has the edge over Steve. (Of course, it could always just be one of those "A or B" / "Before or After" challenges, too.)

In any case, that was the reasoning behind his decision, which he shared with Stever.

Based on Jmac's past performance, regardless of the comp for next week, when push comes to shove, Jmac will look for some justification to throw the comp and let someone else make the decisions next week. 

Well, on last night's AfterDark, he and Vanessa discussed possibilities.

So they both know that whoever wins the Final Five HoH will then not be able to play in the Final Four HoH, which is a big deal, because in Final Four only the HoH is safe from eviction, and who gets eliminated depends on a single vote, which is determined by who wins PoV.

So, effectively, winning the next HoH (Final Five) means you're in the Final Four, but with a 1 in 4 chance of winning PoV and making it to Final Three instead of a chance to play in both HoH and Pov.

But hopefully he realized that at this point, it's better to win than to throw.