America's Favorite Player?

Tritledee

Who is YOUR choice for "America's Favorite Player"?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the Houseguest you think deserves to win $25,000!

• Audrey
    • Austin
    • Becky
    • Clay
    • Da'Vonne
    • Jace
    • Jackie
    • James
    • Jason
    • Jeff
    • John (Johnny Mac)
    • Julia
    • Liz
    • Meg
    • Shelli
    • Steve
    • Vanessa

So....there's speculation by the HGs about America's Favorite Player, and as usual nobody has a clue about how they're perceived by the outside world.  Steve thinks he's got it.  Liz and Julia think they'll somehow get it.  I think the top HGs in the running for it would be James and Johnny Mac. 

But the fact is, there may very well not be an America's Favorite Player vote this year.  It's not a sure thing, is it?

My favorite player is Johnny Mac....second favorite is James!

I'm not sure how the system determines when the "once per day" resets.

It could be a certain fixed time for everyone, or it could keep track of exactly when everyone voted and count 24 hours before letting them vote again.

I'm not sure how the system determines when the "once per day" resets.

It could be a certain fixed time for everyone, or it could keep track of exactly when everyone voted and count 24 hours before letting them vote again.

CBS replied to my complaint:

Dear Big Brother Fan,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you are experiencing problems being able to vote, we are aware of this issue and are currently working with our technical team to resolve this as quickly as possible. Please revisit the voting page periodically to submit your votes once this has been resolved.

The Big Brother voting rules and information are as follows as stated on the website.

"Vote for the Houseguest you think deserves to win $25,000!

Vote up to 20 times per day. (You would need to wait a 24 hour period before voting again once your 20 votes have been submitted) Voting closes Monday, Sept. 21st at 10am PT".

We appreciate your patience and trust that you enjoy the remainder of Big Brother 17!

Kind Regards,

CBS Support Team  

Same thing happened when I try to vote. First day it worked, but since then it keeps telling me I reached my limit. I e-mailed CBS about it, they said yesterday they know about it and are working on it, and to keep trying. But so far it still doesn't work. Which I think makes the America's Favorite contest bogus.

Also, has anyone else had trouble trying to vote for America's favorite? I voted one day and could vote twenty times. Since then each time I try to cast a vote I am told that I have used all my votes for that day...and I hadn't voted once yet! The first day I split my votes for JMac and James because I really can't decide between the two. But apparently that isn't who CBS wants to give the money to!

I am having the exact same issue on my laptop and on my iPad. I could vote when it first opened, but not since then. I've logged out and back in, restarted, cleared cache, everything. :(

Same thing happened when I try to vote. First day it worked, but since then it keeps telling me I reached my limit. I e-mailed CBS about it, they said yesterday they know about it and are working on it, and to keep trying. But so far it still doesn't work. Which I think makes the America's Favorite contest bogus.

I agree, the same thing happened to me.  I am still trying to vote but get the "reached my limit" response.  I hope that they fix it soon!

As of this evening the voting system seemed to have been fixed. But you now have unlimited votes - not just limited to 20 - so it's a half a** fix.

This year the voting system has been a joke. I have no clue how BB will be able to fairly come up with a single winner considering all the problems.

Sticking to my fav Meg.  I know that she will not get it, but she is my fav.

Jmac or Steve are also good for me because they represent the nerd votes.

James lost it for me because he was so stubbornly stupid.  He led his little band to avenge Jason instead of being smart and go after the better targets when presented.  I believe that he led them to the slaughter.   He could have teamed with Becky to get V out early, but no.  He stuck with his ill-conceived plan for vengeance.

James lost it for me because he was so stubbornly stupid.  He led his little band to avenge Jason instead of being smart and go after the better targets when presented.  I believe that he led them to the slaughter.   He could have teamed with Becky to get V out early, but no.  He stuck with his ill-conceived plan for vengeance.

snarkie, no disrespect intended, but  I have to stick up for James. Sure, he wanted to avenge Jason, but he also wanted to take out a big target. He said this many times. And since Clelli was one of the biggest targets in the house, he thought that he could kill two birds with one stone.  When Clay was evicted, Shelli was out for blood.  James had to choose to evict Shelli over Vanessa because Shelli had already let him know that she was coming for him.   His plan to get Shelli out was not so much for vengeance, but for self- preservation.

snarkie, no disrespect intended, but  I have to stick up for James. Sure, he wanted to avenge Jason, but he also wanted to take out a big target. He said this many times. And since Clelli was one of the biggest targets in the house, he thought that he could kill two birds with one stone.  When Clay was evicted, Shelli was out for blood.  James had to choose to evict Shelli over Vanessa because Shelli had already let him know that she was coming for him.   His plan to get Shelli out was not so much for vengeance, but for self- preservation.

I have to agree with linda60639. Overall I think James played a gutsy game, made some decisive moves (in a sea of wimps) and also managed to be entertaining and likable.

I'm fine with Johnny Mac winning it but my pick for AFP is James. My biggest fear is that Jmac and James will split the votes and allow one of the losers to get it. I've always suspected that the producers manipulate the AFP vote so it will be who they perceive is deserving; It's wrong but it may not be such a bad thing. I've been able to vote 20 times on two different days; but not at all today :( but ::shrug::

Completely agree with you also linda. i always wonder why James is called out for not siding with Becky, but Becky is given a pass for the week prior when James wanted Shelli out.

I totally agree. People tend to forget that Becky was floating in between the two sides of the house for quite some time. She was hanging out with James and his crew. However, she would run back to Shelli and Clay and tell them everything that was said by the other side of the house. James is smart. He didn't trust her. He knew something was up. And by the time Becky became truly genuine and Shelly and Clay were gone, it was too late. Vanessa and the Austitwins had already started to desimate that side of the house.

Bottom line, there is a fine balance of how hard to play right out of the gate and how soon to make alliances. But Vanessa was wise with hers and it got her to the end. I'll give her props on her manipulation skills and winning comps when she had to. I still can't stand her though.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name