BB17 General Discussion (non-houseguest-specific) - Part 2

linda60639

Hold on folks...

With the way it's going... and one side of the house being in control most of the season... (predictable and boring)

It should get a lot juicier when it gets down to having to nominate one of their own.

Hope I can hang in there til that finally happens :-)

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am waiting to see the Austwins on the block. The whining and crying will be non-stop. It will all be so unfair for poor Liz and Julia because they should never be put on the block.

If by some chance Austin should win BB, Liz will definitely be his girl outside the house...for awhile, anyway. But if one of the twins win, it will be adios Austin! 

I'm hoping to see some awesome fallout if Vanessa does indeed "pawn" Julia and she gets evicted .  Good times.

She kinda needs Julia in F2 with her for a guaranteed win, but she's also short on jury votes.  If she can come off as sincerely shocked and angry and upset, she might secure the Austwins votes.

Next challenge for Vanessa, do the same thing w/ Lizten.  There are people left to do that for her, but she's gonna have to act like she's still with them until it gets done.

Can't wait!!

Sorry for the accidental repost. I don't like Vanessa because I think she is a terrible person both in and out of this house. She is playing the game, but this season has no players. At least not any that would compete in the past seasons.

How is she a terrible person in and out of the house? Other than  Youtube clip of her house I fail to see what makes her a terrible person in either of those places.

I understand people have their likes and dislikes in the game just curious why you feel she's a terrible person?

How is she a terrible person in and out of the house? Other than Youtube clip of her house I fail to see what makes her a terrible person in either of those places.

I understand people have their likes and dislikes in the game just curious why you feel she's a terrible person?

I have seen no other clips, aside from BB, of Vanessa. I consider myself a lifelong student of the human psyche, a reason I enjoy watching this game.

Van has played this game with manipulation and being a victim. In her private moments she doesn't have to sell herself on these things, but genuinely believes she has been wronged. If people do not fall into her way of thinking, they are stupid or disloyal. Nothing is ever her fault. There is always someone to blame for her. IMO these are learned behaviors, not gameplay reactions.

I feel she is self absorbed, overly dramatic, manipulative, crybaby, bully, with a false sense of how smart she is. All of these things have proven themselves when she is alone in a room, during the course of the season. Therefore my personal assumption is she is this horrid wretch of a person outside of the game as well.

I have seen no other clips, aside from BB, of Vanessa. I consider myself a lifelong student of the human psyche, a reason I enjoy watching this game.

Van has played this game with manipulation and being a victim. In her private moments she doesn't have to sell herself on these things, but genuinely believes she has been wronged. If people do not fall into her way of thinking, they are stupid or disloyal. Nothing is ever her fault. There is always someone to blame for her. IMO these are learned behaviors, not gameplay reactions.

I feel she is self absorbed, overly dramatic, manipulative, crybaby, bully, with a false sense of how smart she is. All of these things have proven themselves when she is alone in a room, during the course of the season. Therefore my personal assumption is she is this horrid wretch of a person outside of the game as well.

Completely agree with everything you said.

My daughter, who is not watching BB, stopped by last night when it was on.  She saw Vanessa and said she looks like a drug addict.  That would be my guess too.  Her deteriorating looks and her mannerisms all point to that conclusion.  My daughter thought Vanessa must be in her mid-40s.  She couldn't believe she is only 32. JMO.

If they don't vote out Julia then there is no hope for these idiots this year and that's being nice only calling them idiots.  I am so tired of the stupid way Vanessa decides who to put up and her stupid reasons why.  This is big brother the object is to get to the end and only one person is going to win so if you are HOH you nominate who you want out and you do not need a 10 page reason Vanessa!!!! You don't need to use something from week 2.  The twins should have never been brought into the game but they did so now one of them should go.  I do not think Steve or Johnny Mac will cross Vanessa on this though she wants Meg gone.

I agree I agree

If they don't vote out Julia then there is no hope for these idiots this year and that's being nice only calling them idiots.  I am so tired of the stupid way Vanessa decides who to put up and her stupid reasons why.  This is big brother the object is to get to the end and only one person is going to win so if you are HOH you nominate who you want out and you do not need a 10 page reason Vanessa!!!! You don't need to use something from week 2.  The twins should have never been brought into the game but they did so now one of them should go.  I do not think Steve or Johnny Mac will cross Vanessa on this though she wants Meg gone.

Yup, they're idiots if they can't realize that this is their golden opportunity to break up the strongest alliance in the house.  But the only person in the house that I have any confidence in as far as seeing this is James.  Hopefully he can convince Steve and Johnny Mac.  And if Vanessa fights that idea it's absolute proof that she really isn't a smart player at all.

i liked the twins. Scratch that I liked the "idea" of sibling loyalty. That's the only reason I liked them, Vanessa is playing a backwards Dr Will game. At least he admitted when he was lying and was risking the HGs winning by keeping him in. Evil Dick beat pots and pans around to keep them hating him when his daughter was on the block. I hated them during it but always respected their gameplay. Vanessa is playing the game but sometimes I think she is believing her own lies because she does seem genuine (maybe it's the on-call tears?). She keeps saying she is alone but she has worked herself into alliances with them all using that same sob story!!!

JMac and Steve would be stupid to keep Julia this week that's 3 against 2 and Meg won't win. But I do adore Meg. I'm afraid JMac will be Americas favorite this year and I'm hoping I'm wrong. He's nice and sweet and funny as hell when he gets excited and squeals like a squirrel finding a hidden pile of acorns, but I think Meg would be an awesome co-host for Jeff.

Vanessa has no chance at f2 if the austwins stay in. she needs another bottle of wine to get the courage to tell Steve and JMac to vote out Julia.

How is she a terrible person in and out of the house? Other than  Youtube clip of her house I fail to see what makes her a terrible person in either of those places.

Maybe they think they dislike her gameplay. If she wins, she wins...no skin off our backs.

I want to say first that Vanessa is a jerk and I hope she loses. I thought I was going to like her in the beginning and that lasted for about a minute. I also truly believe my IQ has dropped listening to the twins talk this summer. I am not a violent person but I would love to use one twin like a club to beat the other with. I'm not a fan of them, Vanessa or Austin.

Having said that, I understand why some should want Julia gone and break up those 3 this week but I don't think Vanessa is stupid for not pushing for it. Even if she isn't voting, she would be blamed for putting Julia in this position and risking her. She was hoh after all. Vanessa is smart to have someone else do it. (JMAC Steve James) she is gambling Austwins don't win hoh but she is after all a gambler and playing percentages. Julia sucks and probably won't win so that gives her a 50% chance with Jmac/Steve against Austin/Liz. It's more than 50 if you factor James in the mix. I kind of like James but he can be played fairly easily. She probably thinks she can turn James with "I know you hate me right now but there are 3 of them so be smart about your game, blah blah blah." If Austwins do win next, she doesn't feel she is the target and that would buy the guys (whoever is left) another week to target Austwins. I think it's less of a gamble for her this week than 3 ticked off jury votes that she has given "HER WORD" to. If Liz were on the block then that would be a different situation but Vanessa was never going to be able to rationalize that move as a pawn to them.

Wish Liz would leave this week. She's the head of the snake of the gruesome threesome...

Vanessa does use important meds to control her moodswings...she purposely postpones them to create drama in house to her advantage...I have relations that need meds like that, or else. Vanessa is being flippant to risk her mental health just to win a stupid TV game show. Still remember Waaaaamber the meth head in BB8...she was going cold turkey off meth on live TV. Amber had no game but cried incessantly, reading bible, etc. Both are two wackos from Vegas...

Wasn't she the one who cried that "Jameka could have won"???

That's her. She'd cry at the drop of a hat. Nothing to do with the game. I was concerned how that show affected her son. Like all the weird ones she vanished into nothingness after the show. Maybe Scotty beamed her aboard.

I had forgotten about Jameka. I rather liked her but her association with Wamber was bad influence. Jameka was a true Christian. Unlike Wamber.

Maybe they think they dislike her gameplay. If she wins, she wins...no skin off our backs.

So she's not a terrible person just someone people dislike in the game ... That doesn't make someone a terrible person

We don't know what any of these people are truly like outside this house and chances are they are quite different than the person they appear to be in the house.  Vanessa not playing the game is probably a very kind person that cares about people and is not this lying cut throat that people see on the feeds/TV

They dislike her behavior, not her.

I dislike her based on her behavior.  ;)

Seriously, I also don't like her gameplay.  The fact that some of the other HGs seem to be falling for it does not necessarily make her a good player.  It just makes them worse at playing the game than she is.  Of course we don't really know what's going on in their minds, so it's not completely fair to judge what their thought processes are.  Subtlety is a strategy just as much as in-your-face gameplay is a strategy.

What I don't like most about Vanessa is her complete lack of control when it comes to her emotions.  When she first got put on the block she plunged into a 24+ hour crying/self-pitying marathon.  It's just a game.  She's 32 years old and needs to grow the h-e-l-l up.  She proclaims to not need the money, but acts like her life depends on it.  She seems to be under the impression that she's the smartest player ever and everyone should feel privileged to be in the BB house with her.  She's not, and they don't. 

For the record, IMO, every one of them who are crybabies needs to grow the h-e-l-l up. (Meg, I'm talking to you.) 

I like James' attitude about it most.  He's making his stipend and having the experience of a lifetime.  Win or lose, his attitude is that he'll leave the house farther ahead than if he didn't go on BB.  He seems to be genuinely enjoying himself.  For this reason, he's still the player I'd like to see win.

They dislike her behavior, not her.

So true!

An observation I have noticed: when people are members of a group fighting for equality, they become blind to other possibilities. You should not make broad generalizations about groups of people. They fight against groups with perceptions that the world is against them even though we know that is never the case. Call it collateral damage.

Is it possible that Van has experienced so many prejudices as a lesbian, she has learned to react in this manner even if is not justified. My example of this would be how she reacted to Audrey when she showed herself as a lose cannon. Vanessa wanted to give her a pass because her life has been so hard. It is a neccesary reaction, but not all the time. And definitely not in game play.

I am not a gambler like Vanessa, but I would gamble every penny that I own on Vanessa "crying" as a strategy.  She knows from previous seasons that most men and women are sympathetic to women crying.  She knows that her crying can soften the HG's and make them rethink their decisions. It makes her appear vulnerable and genuine and not the cut throat player that she is.  I have seen her crying to HG's with her voice trembling and then seconds later talking revenge against others in a clear crisp voice. I totally believe that she is trying to act the part of a misunderstood and wrongly accused person who is all alone in the house, just trying to compete with the duos and trios all around her.  Oh woe is her!

I am not a gambler like Vanessa, but I would gamble every penny that I own on Vanessa "crying" as a strategy.  She knows from previous seasons that most men and women are sympathetic to women crying.  She knows that her crying can soften the HG's and make them rethink their decisions. It makes her appear vulnerable and genuine and not the cut throat player that she is.  I have seen her crying to HG's with her voice trembling and then seconds later talking revenge against others in a clear crisp voice. I totally believe that she is trying to act the part of a misunderstood and wrongly accused person who is all alone in the house, just trying to compete with the duos and trios all around her.  Oh woe is her!

I think that some of her crying in front of the other HGs was fake, but what would be the point of fake-crying when nobody is watching?  I think she really is a self-pitying wretch and just can't comprehend that the other HGs don't just concede that the $500K is hers. 

Hmm.. even when she cries when she's alone... I bet she's aware of the cameras on her.

She's backing all her bets for sympathy when it's all over.

I have to agree, Slowpoke.  I just think it is hard to believe that someone who makes a living being strong willed, strong minded and stone faced can cry so easily.  I am not saying that all of her tears are fake, I am sure some were stress related and others were spilled over a feeling of betrayal, but the vast majority of her crying episodes were fabricated, in my estimation.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name