Becky Burgess (Week 7) - HoH

mayzee

It's time for Becky to win an HOH and pick a side, she cannot float in the middle anymore. The big alliances are not working and she needs to pair up with somebody or align with a pair.

Being uncommitted at this point with this group makes you an easy target.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!!!!!!!!! Becky won the HOH comp.. Congratulations to Becky!!!!!

I wanna see some serious game talk with Johnny Mac in the HOH room tonight. And I hope that she keeps Vanessa & Shelli at a distance, and sticks close to Jackie & Johnny Mac for support.

I hope she nominates Vanessa & Shelli straight up, and if the veto is used, put up Austin or one of the twins as the replacement nominee.

Vanessa on the block should be quite entertaining and way better than any of her "staged" fights.

Yay!!!!!!!!! Becky won the HOH comp.. Congratulations to Becky!!!!!

I wanna see some serious game talk with Johnny Mac in the HOH room tonight. And I hope that she keeps Vanessa & Shelli at a distance, and sticks close to Jackie & Johnny Mac for support.

I hope she nominates Vanessa & Shelli straight up, and if the veto is used, put up Austin or one of the twins as the replacement nominee.

Vanessa on the block should be quite entertaining and way better than any of her "staged" fights.

Oh we are sooooooooooooooooo on the same team. I want Austin to go next week in the double eviction 

I was losing faith in Becky as a player when she faux-aligned with Shelli, Vanessa & Clay and turned into a rat. But I get it now. She was caught up in the Blue Moon alliance and thought it was real. When the original plan fell apart Becky went into survival mode and did what she had to do to make it through the week.

But now that Becky's fully aware that Vanessa cannot be trusted, I don't think that she will make any deals with her.

Becky's in a good position game wise as long as she nominates 2 people from Vanessa's crew and if the veto is used she has to name the replacement nominee from the same group. Johnny Mac, Meg, Jackie & James are a solid 4 person block. If Vanessa & Shelli are on the block together, that leaves Steve, Austin, Liz & Julia as a solid 4 person block.

In a 4-4 tie the HOH Becky breaks the tie. The underdogs have a good chance to recover. Vanessa's argument of "we have the numbers" becomes a non-factor.

Becky is aligned solidly with James, Meg and and James and she has Jmac on the side. 

Unless is changes the plan is to put up Shelli and Steve with Vanessa as a back door plan.

The smart play is to put up Austin and Julia with the idea of backdooring Liz. This separates the trio by making sure one of them leaves and could cause some issues with them being on the block.

she wants Vanessa so she should just put up Vanessa and Shelli and let the POV play out if one of them wins the other goes.  It would be a win win because someone fron the other side would go home.  If she puts up Shelli and Steve and Vanessa plays in the POV and wins she will take Shelli off the block and then they would both be safe.

She really needs to put up Vanessa with Shelly. If she puts up Shelli and Steve it is a big risk. Vanessa wins she takes down Shelli and they are both safe.

If Austin or the twins win POV they will not use it fearing one of them will go up.

She really needs to put up Vanessa with Shelly. If she puts up Shelli and Steve it is a big risk. Vanessa wins she takes down Shelli and they are both safe.

If Austin or the twins win POV they will not use it fearing one of them will go up.

Exactly I hope she figures this out before nominations.

Many players realize exactly that.

When you have 2 targets, and don't put both of them up, if the other one gets picked to play Veto, then WINS veto, both your targets will be safe.

The problem is, that with this many people still in the house, the chances that your second target will both firstly get picked to play in Veto, and secondly come through with the win, are extremely low, so most decide that playing it safe by not showing their cards and nominating their true target, is worth the risk, since it has such a low probability.

It's not the most logical thing to do, but the risk/cost ratio is determined by them to be worth the effort at subterfuge.

Being bold like James was this past week, and just straightforwardly throwing up your two main targets is the best strategy to accomplish your goal of getting at LEAST one of them out.

This is gonna be a rough week for Becky because she is not prepared to make a bold move because she does not like confrontation and she is intimidated by Vanessa, so she wants to backdoor her. IMO it's too risky and too many things can go wrong. Plus, her other allies , Jackie, Meg & James volunteered to be Havenots this week, so I just hope that Johnny Mac stays close to Becky this week.

I think that she should nominate Vanessa & Austin, not because they are her targets, but because they have never been nominated and put on the block. Becky could use "fairness" as her reason. Since the other HGs have been nominated several times. If the. POV is used name Shelli as the replacement nominee. I really hope that Becky leaves Steve out of her plan altogether.

I would love to see Shelli, Vanessa, or Austin go campaigning outside their alliance for votes to stay in the game. Shelli & Austin have both played Vanessa's game to the detriment of their own game.

Steve and Shellie on block with plan to backdoor Vanessa. So Becky tells Shellie. Maybe Becky should have put up Vanessa and Shellie. At least Becky is playing her own game and not that of Jackie/ewok James.

Steve and Shellie on block with plan to backdoor Vanessa. So Becky tells Shellie. Maybe Becky should have put up Vanessa and Shellie. At least Becky is playing her own game and not that of Jackie/ewok James.

Still seems like an unnecessary risk for neither Vanessa or Shelli to go...

Becky's playing a bit cautious for my taste, but I have to respect that she's playing her own game. If she gets evicted next week, she got $10K and she can relax in the jury house knowing she's not walking away empty handed. Go Becky!

I would have preferred she put up Shelli and Vanessa. If Vanessa wins pov & takes Shelli down, Becky's only option is Austin if she wants to get rid of a 6S (5S?) member. 

Doesn't she only have 3 sure votes for her side?  The other side will have 4.  JMac would probably vote out Austin over Steve, but probably not one of the twins. Also with Austin there's always a chance one or both of the twins might vote him out. Probably not but maybe!

Oh Becky, what have you done???

Although....does anyone think Vanessa would use pov on Steve rather than Shelli?

Who would go if it was between Shelli and Austin??

Or would she put up a twin if Steve got off the block?