Shelli Poole (Week 6) - Nominated

mayzee

I'll be honest, I've never understood the whole hatred towards Shelli and Clay except in the concept that people loved Da'Vonne and Jason's snarky quips and so were honor bound to hate Shelli and Clay because they were responsible for those evictions.  Generally speaking, while Da and Jason and the whole Summer Camp crew were bashing others, Shelli and Clay were kind to almost everyone in the house.  They became friends with Steve and Becky who others weren't even trying to reach out to.  When others were being outcasted, they did what they could to still talk to them.  They have fought to win while others were throwing comps and were fairly strategic in their plans.  People have bashed them for crying after being nominated and "acting entitled" but I seem to recall Da' and Jason crying as well... acting entitled.  They aren't bad people.  I've known several couples where the woman is 10+ years older and yet, love is love.  We hated how Amanda and McCrae were constantly f**king in the house and now we have Clay and Shelli being very respectfully aware that there are cameras everywhere.  So even though they have chemistry, they are responsible enough to wait until they have actual privacy before kissing for the first time.  I'm not saying that people have to root for them but I at least respect their gameplay and would like to see it continue rather than some of these other people in the house who float along, never having to get blood on their hands, and acting like its just a stepping stone to fame.

Wasn't Clelli telling folks to throw comps tho? Shelli won her HOH's fair and square so no one can deny her that, but her crying came off like how dare James nominate us and after he said he wouldn't? and she kept saying why this week? like people have to do things on HER schedule! Da'Vonne and Jason also wanted to survive until jury to get their full stipend did she care or anyone else care, nope? This isn't Shelli's Summer Entitlement Camp like it wasn't Jason's Summer Solstice Bitch retreat and Da'vonne's Inglewood Ghetto Getaway. If Shelli wanted to remain in control of the evictions like she has been for last couple of weeks, she should have stayed up there and fought for this HOH so her summer wouldn't be ruined, I was SHOCKED she jumped off, SHOCKED!

Basically what it boils down to is people like who they like, what is the misunderstanding in that? I don't particularly care for Shelli and you do and that is absolutely fine.  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe she won't be sitting in jury alone - maybe Clay will go to jury. Maybe she will go home. I'm getting tired of listening to her say over and over again "why this week, why not another week".  It's because you aren't in charge, Shelli!

So true, Iris. I think that Shelli is bemoaning the fact that since the evictee will be going home this week and not to the jury house, it is the worst week possible to be on the block together.  Because unless the other self evict, Shelli and Clay will be separated for the rest of the summer, so how will their love survive?  

I don't hate Clay and Shelli.  I just simply want to see them evicted. The annoying part of the both of them is how they react to when they are in power versus when they are not in power.  They've gotten so used to the HOH room and calling the shots that they never prepared to be in the position they are in now, and I believe a nice huge size of humble pie is serving them well.  We all have our favorites that we root for, and underdogs tend to garner more fans than the top dogs in most cases.

I don't hate Clay and Shelli.  I just simply want to see them evicted. The annoying part of the both of them is how they react to when they are in power versus when they are not in power.  They've gotten so used to the HOH room and calling the shots that they never prepared to be in the position they are in now, and I believe a nice huge size of humble pie is serving them well.  We all have our favorites that we root for, and underdogs tend to garner more fans than the top dogs in most cases.

I really for the first time have no clear favorites or sides. I really do not like the entitlement that Clay and Shelli have showed throughout the game. 

I think Shelli developed an entitlement air about her after she easily landed the guy that was considered the catch and she fell into a very long successful run through her selection of alignment...this isolationist narcissism has nowhere to go unless she adjusts to current regimes. The Austin eviction was the natural adjustment and Vanessa's personal needs took precedent and placed them where they are today. This new idea of Clay's sacrificial effort is intended to have Clay removed and replaced by a nom that may make it possible for them both to stay..but I think James sees right through that idea.

Since Shelli is clearly the brains in her pairing with Clay, I really don't like the fact that Clay is willing to sacrifice his game for her. But she does not seem to be willing to do the same for him. clay has stated several times that he would win the veto and save Shelli, but I never heard her say that she would win the veto to save him. That seems kinda selfish IMO.

I think that Shelli was playing a pretty decent game until she aligned with Vanessa. Shelli is being outplayed by Vanessa and i don't think that she realized it until recently. When Vanessa saved Jason with the veto she thought that she could easily scoop up Meg, Jason & James. Clay & Shelli formed another fake F4 deal with Jason & Meg. And then Clay kinda sorta made a F4 deal with Johnny Mac & Becky.

Shelli & Clay formed too many fake alliances and could not successfully manage them. Vanessa has her core group of Austin, Steve & the twins and they seem to be pretty solid. Shelli & Vanessa deep down don't really trust each other 100%. Vanessa has spun Jeff & Jason's evictions as 'house' decisions and some of the other HGs are buying it hook, line & sinker.

Ok, I'll admit it. It isn't that they get bashed for gameplay. It isn't that they get bashed for entitlement. What disturbs me is the bashing of the age difference. It takes the game out of the bashing and makes it personal. If I could count the number of times people say things like Clay and Mommy or Shelli and son or something to that effect, it ticks me off. So I get into defensive posture and can't seem to get out of it. One couple that we have known for a long time had an even larger age difference. Then she got sick and thought it was the flu. By the time they realized it was something else it was too late. She was 15 years older than he was but they were so well suited and so in love. It broke our hearts watching him mourn her for years. I get that people don't understand the age difference between Clay and Shelli but it drives me crazy reading ignorant posts by people who can't understand a love wherethe age difference doesn't matter since they are both adults and can choose for themselves. That is why I get defensive.

It is a good game move for James (though the great move would be getting rid of Vanessa).

It's not so much the age difference, it's her holier-than-thou way of speaking and her kindergarten teacher tone of voice that makes her seem as if she's actually Clay's grandmother. 

Her self-righteousness also doesn't help.  And her little tirade at the HOH nomination ceremony shown on tonight's episode just reinforces her moral superiority.  A superiority that

is all the more offensive given that she didn't bat an eye last week about going back on their word (and master plan) to backdoor Austin.  Last week was actually worse than

anything James did because there were people who agreed to do things (like throw the Battle of the Block) on the assumption that it was all geared towards getting Austin

out of the house.

It's not the age difference that causes me to refer to them as Shelli and her son. It is more of the way they act with each other most of the time. And I thought from day one that he seemed like a mamma's boy. I see nothing wrong with a woman being with a younger guy. Men have been going with younger women since the dawn of time.

Of course, I really don't like either of them within the game so that colors my view of them a bit. But outside the game, if they continued to be with each other, I'd think that was pretty nice that through BB they met someone they really cared about.

Misha, I'll agree with you on that.  I have seen some comments on some boards that mention the age difference and take it a little too far.  Unfortunately, these houseguests put themselves in the position of being in the line of fire with agreeing to be watched 24/7 (or is it more like 20/7 with fish and the occasional blackout day during the final 3 hoh?).  I remember back in big brother 10 seeing comments about Libra leaving her five month old (or somewhere close to that) behind for the summer and how she wasn't a good mother.  I didn't agree with those attacks at all.

Sometimes, I just tell myself to walk away from a comment on the boards because it's so easy to get sucked into a debate or argument.

And Marty, I feel like my favorites have been changing every week.  There hasn't been one person I've consistently rooted for either.  Right now I'm drinking the Meg/Jackie/James Kool-aid.

Shelli's outburst at the nomination ceremony about the Jason was a veiled threat to Vanessa & her crew.

When Shelli mentioned the deal that she made with James in front of the whole house that was kinda silly IMO. Playing Big Brother involves lying, deceit & deception with a good sized helping of manipulation thrown in. Trust is elusive and whenever you make deals, you take your chances.

Kaysar & Ollie made deals in the waning moments of an endurance comp that did not work out to their benefit.

In Shelli's BB game only she & Clay are allowed lie & manipulate because she has been in power for 2 weeks she expects things to go her way all the time.

Right after the Jason Blindside last week, Shelli snapped at James because of the way he was looking at her. Apparently Shelli was offended by the look that James gave her and she was feeling guilty about it.

If Shelli manages to stay in the house over Clay, I see nothing but catfights in the coming weeks, because Clay was able to keep Shelli relatively calm and with nobody to restrain Shelli she is gonna be hell to live with.

Yes I will admit, I'm age bashing these two.  I'm here to Judge these people and their decisions in this game only. I have called them mother and son, her great grandson, his babysitter, his nanny and if she stays there will be more of that from me.  Outside of the house, I would not care because I wouldn't know and it would be none of my business and it would be wrong of me to comment on someone's personal life decisions, but they're on national TV behaving like this.  Shelli looks really ridiculous, IMO.

Shelli smooching on and cuddling on a guy 10 years younger than she is looks extremely desperate on her part and not to mention he is a mirror image of her TWIN brother. Come on now, no one else is disturbed about that?  I'm more bothered by the latter of the two.  

.. and I've already ranted about her holier-than-thou condescending attitude, she thought as long as I smile and be fake nice to these people they will allow me and my boytoy to go to the end. 

Yes I will admit, I'm age bashing these two.  I'm here to Judge these people and their decisions in this game only. I have called them mother and son, her great grandson, his babysitter, his nanny and if she stays there will be more of that from me.  Outside of the house, I would not care because I wouldn't know and it would be none of my business and it would be wrong of me to comment on someone's personal life decisions, but they're on national TV behaving like this.  Shelli looks really ridiculous, IMO.

.. and I've already ranted about her holier-than-thou condescending attitude, she thought as long as I smile and be fake nice to these people they will allow me and my boytoy to go to the end.

ITA 100%.

The feeds are nothing less than amazing tonight, well to me they were. The many meetings, Shelli's multiply breakdowns, Shelli accusing people of first lying on her and Clay then not standing up for her, her throwing Steve under the bus as a replace nom. Shelli calling sixth sense meetings, Shelli and Clay giving people marching orders for the Steve BD to happen, James informing Steve that people want him out.. and many more... soo good!! Absolutely delicious!!

However, Shelli may have the votes to stay over Clay. ugh :frusty:

Catching up on the overnight updates was exhausting.

Shelli & Clay thought that they could play the 'loyalty card" and that James would fall for it, but he didn't. James wanted information that is useful to his game, but they weren't giving him any. It's clear that Clay & Shelli are in some kind of alliance, but they keep denying it.

When Clay said that they trust Vanessa 100%, but they are not in an alliance - that was just stupid. Clay made it obvious that they are protecting somebody else.

Throwing Austin under the bus now and saying he can't be trusted only makes Clay & Shelli look weak. The group that changed the target from Austin to Jason was in power, and if Austin was so bad, they could have backdoored him as planned.

Clay & Shelli deny any lines being drawn, but James is not that dense. They cannot smooth over last week's blindside of Jason with fake apologies.

I kinda wanna see Shelli stay in the game because Clay was such a dummy and was really pulling Shelli down.

Shelli is furious and has a lot of targets. James is the obvious #1 target. However I think that Vanessa is a strong #2 because Shelli has absolved herself of any responsibility in Jason's eviction. No matter how much Shelli says that she loved Jason and didn't want to see him go, she did vote him out, and she can't change that fact.

Shelli is also pissed at Liz for persuading Vanessa to keep Austin, although she agreed with it at the time. She's pissed that Austin is gonna be in jury with Liz. She is also upset that she saved Becky last week, and this week Becky won $5K.

I just don't see how Shelli is gonna be able to hold it together and play the game effectively with all that anger inside.

So Shelli and Vanessa are scheming on how to keep Shelli and get Clay out

Shelli said I am the better one to keep because I am a better player

Shelli said to Vanessa that she doesn't think Clay wants leave anymore because he is not telling her that anymore.

Shelli is campaigning against Clay. 

Looks like she is definitely staying unless she hopefully shoots herself in the foot later on this week with some condescending tyrant about something.  If she survives thursday she deserves to win this season and its because these people are all idiots.  

She is sitting there telling the ditzy twins how she threw Steve under the bus, mind you this is after hours of crying about the lack of loyalty in the house.  why would you leave your family and friends to come live a house to hand someone else half a million dollars and who doesn't give two craps about you.  You are saving the one who WINS everything? unreal.