BB Australia getting tough on the House Guests

Big Brother Australia follows the standard international rules that BB USA dropped in series 2 with the introduction of Head of House - and these specifically include no discussing nominations or past contestants.

Each week each HM nominates two HMs for eviction, with the top three facing a public phone vote to determine the evictee.

It's unclear what last week's task winner influence over nominations will be - but as there has been absolutely no reference to the term "Head of House" I don't think they are going completly down that route.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that is different about the Australian Big Brother, the set is on a major amusement park called Dreamland which is also apparently a film studio like MGM or Universal here in the states. The Sunday night show when they have evictions has a huge audience that pays to get in.

$15 to sit on the grass in the stadium, $20 in the Silver seats (row 13 - 26) and $87 to sit in the first 12 rows or Gold seats. This includes entry into Dreamland Amusement park. Here is a look at the stage area.

888_evict_stage.jpg

So Big Brother in Australia is a money-making project with a special store which sells Big Brother Merchandise. For more infor here is the link.

http://www.bigbrother.3mobile.com.au/news/.../article_12.asp

Thanks again hanklee. Great shot of the fanefair... sure looks like it's a bigger deal over there than here... of course not for our loyal BB fans... lol

It's day 8 in the Aussie house and lies are catching up with the houseguests.

20:36 BB evicts Constance, Nelson and Dean.

As per BB's instructions, the HMs are gathered in the lounge room. Suddenly the all sit up. They think they can see Gretel, or possibly BB standing outside the door.

BB addresses the HMs, telling them: "Some HMs broke the BB rules and used deception to become a HM. This is unfair to the other HMs. On several occasions during the audition process you were advised you must tell us if your personal circumstances change." He goes on to say that Constance, Nelson and Dean must leave tonight and there's no time to say goodbye. Despite this, they hug and kiss and BB insists: "HMs, leave the house immediately." All three walk up the stairs and are led to the rewards room, which is now furnished only with three stretcher beds.

BB tells them: "You agreed to be honest and truthful in all your dealings with BB." He tells Nelson and Constance that they were not honest, and they bragged about their deception and adds: "Dean, you confessed to your deception only when confronted by BB at the 11th hour. BB has decided your fate and will inform you in due course." 

Later, Dean reveals: "Man, I was f**king stunned when I heard that." He goes on to tell them that he's comfortable with all his actions.

Constance and Nelson lied to BB durirng the selection process by not admitting that they had significant others. One criteria was that they be single and not "attached". Apparently Dean is also attached outside the house.

Oh, by the way, the Prize is now down to $930,000.

This group is totally stupid!!! The tote board is now down to

$905,000.

with Tim and Angela each getting $5,000 fines for talking in code and then David, Michelle and Christie getting $5,000 each for forgetting their mic. That now makes a total of 13lost for this one offense!!

Here is the link for fines sad as it is!!

http://www.bigbrother.3mobile.com.au/news/.../article_61.asp

Oh, and by the way, it is only day 10 in the Aussie house!!

Wow.. thanks for update hanklee... I absolutely love the idea of fines for not following the rules... especially the mic one... LOL

I know as a subscriber to the live feeds... I want to know everything they say!!! :P

I would hate to see what the winner of US would get if they had fines... might be ugly... tee hee

2 Whole Days ! ! !

and 0 Fines ! !

the houseguests must have finally wised up!! Or they are watching out for each other!!

Somebody's fine got restored because the site says that the total is back up to $900,00. It had to have been an old one because all is those from day 12 are still listed on the fine listing.

http://www.bigbrother.3mobile.com.au/news/.../article_61.asp

They had fun earlier today (tonight their time). Gianna who won last nights games competition along with Christie have been in the rewards room with all the booze and food they can consume for 2 days. So they came out barely dressed and played with/on the stripper pole in the living room to entertain the other houseguests and were they entertained. Gianna barely had on a sexy light blue nurse outfit (didn't cover her black panties) and Christie had on a black bra and black "barely there" panties and black high heel boots! Needless to say the guys enjoyed the show.

I don't know for sure (yet, but will find out) but the calander on the diary page only goes thru the month of July so that may be how long it is. When I find out definately, I will post it here on the forum!!

Update: I have looked everywhere and the only thing I can find is that the show is planned to last 3 months so the calander ending in July would be correct. Since evictions in the Aussis BB House are on Sunday Nights, that places the Finale on either the 24th or the 31st. That is a total of 12 weeks in the house for someone. If they don't loose anymore prize money that puts it at $10,714 per day for the winner!!!

I live in Central Time Zone which is GMT -6 and they are in Brisbane Australia which is GMT +10 so they are 16 hours ahead of me. It is now 9:42 PM here on 20 May and it is 1:42 PM on 21st May there.

Hanklee - I searched high and low for the enddate and I couldn't find it either.

I've been watching this just about every day for an hour or so. I've seen a couple of arguments and lots of nakedness...man, those people like to be naked. Anyway, I don't like the rule about not being able to talk about nominations. Half the fun is watching the plotting and scheming going on.

I have been watching Logan 1&2 doing the baking this morning. Rules say that the baker has to bake one loaf of bread each day for every 5 people in the house. This week they are baking 2 loaves with yeast for the hg and 1 loaf without yeast for Michelle. They guys are the hoot trying to do this just right. The bread is made from scratch with each ingredient having to be measured or weighed on the kitchen scales. pouring the flour into the scales from a 20 lb bag was funny. I use a scoop and then put it on the scales!! Also today Logan ran out of sugar on the first loaf. So loaf #2 and Michelles will be without any sugar to help the loaf rise!!!

Talking of time zones, is the new US house still in LA?

It caused problems when E4 screened it in the UK last time as they delayed the live feed 16-hrs so when it was 6pm here, it was 6pm in the house.

They also screened the eviction the next night at 9pm UK time, around the same time CBS screen it - but due to the East-West time difference those watching the live feed saw the evictee leave three hours earlier!

Well the lull has passed, the fines total is now up to $120,000 And it is only day 16 in the house. 16 mic fines in 16 days and they still have 70 days to go!! By this means of calculation they will match the prize for our house by the end of the show, $500,000. Seems a shame that they are throwing half of their prize away because they are too dumb to keep track of something that they wear around their neck all day long???!!!

Yes, they can take it off when they go to bed, but must take it off when they shower and also must take it off if they get in the pool, sauna or the hot tub. And with that little note we have another update for day 16...

Fines are up by 2 more!!! Day 16 had a total of 4 $5,000 fines...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 16 - 01:25 - Michelle - Mic tied around wrist - $5,000

Day 16 - 11:45 - Tim & Gianna - Not following BB's instructions - $5,000

Day 16 - 12:30 - Christie - Microphone - $5,000

Day 16 - 15:48 - David - Microphone - $5,000

So the total remaining prize money now stands at $870,000 in only 16 days!!!!

True you would think so, but they are complaining about everything but the fines. These HG are like a flock of roosters in a small henhouse. Pecking on each other about everything. One guy complains about how sloppy the other is and how he dosen't do his chores right. The girls are about to pull each others hair out. I have seen at least 5 different clicks between various girls in the last 16 days!! And the guys are always "she did and she didn't/won't" or "he did and he dosen't" I expect to see a knockdown bareknuckle fight between the guys soon, and the catfight that is coming you could sell tickets to!!

But when it comes to the money, they are always "sorry guys" when BB calls out a fine and "maybe the fine money is going to charity so it's not so bad"!!

$5,000 for everytime Holly opened her mouth and assulted my ears with that voice that sounded like fingernails on a blackboard!!!!

And at No. 1... $25,000 for every time Cowboy bragged about how great a rodeo performer her was.

Remember how bad he was trying to rope something in the backyard just after saying how great he was!!!!!