CBS is Ruining Big Brother

I have watched Big Brother from Day 1 of the very first season.  The appeal of this show was THE HOUSE was in charge.   With the creation of Battle of the Block and all these other forms of medaling with the show, i.e., getting a phone call and letting 3 people not be able to vote, CBS is ruining the integrity and format of the show.  Leave it be.  Go back to one HOH (THEY EARNED IT).   Let the house have control.   Not outside sources. 

I think that casting the HGs for Big Brother is one of the problems the producers are having with the show. In the past seasons, the cast was generally diverse enough that most of the fans had a HG to root for or against. This season, not so much diversity, but at least most of the HGs are fans of the show and are familiar with how to play the game.

Longtime fans of the show keep coming year after year because they are entertained by the drama, fights, plots, plans, schemes,etc. of the HGs. For me, personally, I enjoy the concept of the game. Being cut off from the outside world and confined in a house with total strangers competing to win the $500K. I don't need all the extra whistles & bells to be entertained, I love the human interaction.

The "last Laugh" takeover by Kathy G. would have worked much better if it had occurred later in the season when the cancellation of 3 votes would have had an impact on the game. The way it was carried out was a big FAIL because the timing was off.

Fake drama is not entertaining - it just looks desperate. However, I'll continue watching and just hope it gets better.

Being from Canada I can tell you the ridiculous amount of twists are just that ... ridiculous!  

I absolutely believe it gives production more ways in which to manipulate the outcome and sadly in Canada this year it was a perfect example of twist after twist.  When it appeared one side of the house was going to be able to get rid of the eventual winner they introduce a twist which ended up resulting in her getting saved.  Consider yourselves lucky the American version is so much better then the terrible version we get year after year lol.  That being said if they have a new twist every week you're getting close but I'd still much rather have the American version over the Canadian.

I think that casting the HGs for Big Brother is one of the problems the producers are having with the show. In the past seasons, the cast was generally diverse enough that most of the fans had a HG to root for or against. This season, not so much diversity, but at least most of the HGs are fans of the show and are familiar with how to play the game.

Not much diversity??  .... let's see, there's a black woman, a red neck Asian, a gay woman, a gay man, a trans-gender, a wrestler and a socially awkward geek. What more would you add?

As far as CBS ruining Big Brother please check the ratings. If you Google Big Brother 17 ratings for last Sunday's show you will find:

"BIG BROTHER DELIVERS SEASON HIGH SUNDAY RATINGS

·         BIG BROTHER UP ACROSS-THE-BOARD WITH DOUBLE DIGIT PERCENTAGE GROWTH; TOP BROADCAST OF THE NIGHT IN A18-34

At 8PM, BIG BROTHER SUNDAY averaged 5.81m (up +17% from last week), 1.9 in A18-49 (+12%), 2.2 in A25-54 (+16%) and 1.4 in A18-34 (+17%), all season highs for a Sunday broadcast.  BIG BROTHER was the #1 broadcast in A18-34."

As long as CBS continues to give the viewing public what they want, they're not going to change it. And that's fine with me!

I should have stated more specifically that this is a young cast. The oldest HG is 33. I enjoy more age diversity in the game.

Omahaguy: you are absolutely correct about the diversity of the cast as far as the typical: black, Asian, Gay, nerd, athletic hunk, etc.

The Big Brother producers started manipulating the game in BB5.  When BB6 rolled around and Janelle won everything it was pretty obvious the BB folks were playing for the ratings and the money.  I'm over it.  The producers are going to do everything they can for product integration, promoting their upcoming shows, as if Frankie was not a segway into Ariana performing at some CBS sponsored music awards; Kathy Griffin this year, and "Gronk", and that's only so far.  I am sure we will have a Survivor immunity idol in play, or with this many twins in the house a Survivor loved-ones competing with their loved one in the house for some power or prize.

There is nothing "reality" about Big Brother so just sit back and enjoy the ride!

My biggest issues isn't with the format, but it could be a side effect of the BoB.

I am tired of all the back dooring. It's nuts. Be up front. You want someone out? put them up, give them a chance. I get the strategy, but it's weak

My biggest issues isn't with the format, but it could be a side effect of the BoB.

I am tired of all the back dooring. It's nuts. Be up front. You want someone out? put them up, give them a chance. I get the strategy, but it's weak

The last BOB was an actual battle where both teams were trying to win. finally!

I can understand the backdoor strategy when the HOH is dealing with a HG who is an actual threat in the game. Or if a specific HG is winning all the comps. I feel that all the HGs should be given a chance to save themselves from eviction by either winning BOB, Veto or votes.

No worries she is going home on Thursday. 

I'll believe it Thursday night and then again at the end of the season when BB does not do a "BB Take Over Bring Back Audrey"!

Let them get develop a show for her on CBS if they need to save face for their stupid decision to cast and exploit her.  Maybe Kathy Griffin will put up co-exec-producer $$!  Frankie can co-host it!

Audrey is on the block and Jason came down. 3 more days and Audrey will be visiting Julie. 

I expect feeds down earlier than usual and a "live" (pre-taped massively cheering audience of CBS employees who gave up their lunch hour for double-time pay and maybe even Frankie in the mix since he is a CBS paid flunkie) for Audrey's exit!

Who cares?   Get on with the game!

I expect feeds down earlier than usual and a "live" (pre-taped massively cheering audience of CBS employees who gave up their lunch hour for double-time pay and maybe even Frankie in the mix since he is a CBS paid flunkie) for Audrey's exit!

Who cares?   Get on with the game!

Well I have been in the audience during a taped "live" eviction. (Jesse eviction) That is not how it works. You buy tickets and the audience is not hand picked. They now do throw in a few celebrities in the audience but Audrey is not going to get special treatment. 

After watching a couple of episodes of of the tv show "Unreal", I can only imagine the scrambling that's going on in the BB production office after Audrey's behavior today.

If Audrey cannot handle being nominated for eviction because of her mental issues (whatever they are??) then she clearly does not belong on BB.

All the other HGs were able to handle their nominations and continue to play the game. Special treatment for Audrey is not fair to the other HGs. This pity party has gone on long enough.

Can't wait to see how production handles Audrey not being at the Veto meeting on Wednesday's show.

Probably the same way they handled it when Jocasta was sick last season and Donny played for her. 

Well I have been in the audience during a taped "live" eviction. (Jesse eviction) That is not how it works. You buy tickets and the audience is not hand picked. They now do throw in a few celebrities in the audience but Audrey is not going to get special treatment. 

Bully for you!  Were you there when Howard was evicted???

Can't wait to see how production handles Audrey not being at the Veto meeting on Wednesday's show.

Good question. I just want it to be credible considering all the wild speculation within the BB fan community.

Last year they handled Jacosta's dehydration situation and Victoria's dental emergency OK and the game continued on. The HGs and the fans were sympathetic. This situation with Audrey is entirely different and I'm curious to see how BB producers portray Audrey being named as the replacement nominee, while she self sequesters in the HN room.

Jesse was a long time ago.  How it works now is how CBS wants it to work!  People who had tickets to the Howard evict were told in the parking lot it was a "no go" (same as it says on the tickets that CBS has the right to  do anything they want".

I wonder JUST how uncomfortable the HGS felt having to practice and go thru the

motions of the television taping of the Veto ritual ?

CBS... you should hide your head in the sand.

You're screwing up a basically great summertime reality show.

I wonder JUST how uncomfortable the HGS felt having to practice and go thru the

motions of the television taping of the Veto ritual ?

CBS... you should hide your head in the sand.

You're screwing up a basically great summertime reality show.

If they put in a "save Audrey" twist then they will have completely ruined the show this season.  I have seen many wonderful and creative ideas from the live feed fan base and the producers ignore them all.

• 2 weeks later...

Reverting back to a "pure" BB game for a season would be nice.

Thank our lucky stars that we do NOT have the BB UK format.   Their BB is purely based on conflict.  It is virtually a gladiator academy.  The most vile and disgusting seem to survive the show while people that are somewhat pleasant and sociable get the axe.  They have psychiatric evaluations of the HGs at least once a week (in the after show) and people are removed from show for committing illegal acts and/or PC misconduct.   The government monitors the show for violations.

For that matter, BB Australia is not even present this year.  This was blamed on over-production (too much interference) and PC related issues.

BB is in a boring rut with runs of the same events every season, only the sets and costumes are altered for theme.  Even the HGs know what the game will be days/weeks in advance.   They seem to know when things like double evictions are going to be scheduled and when the jury will start to form.   These things and more should be variable each season so the HGs are not able to rely/plan on them.

Some examples. Ok, this week it is time for the A-B questions...or , this will be the event with the 6 prizes.  We know that there will be a veto, some cash, a trip, a tarded tard suit, punishments, etc..   There should be no way that the HGs will have an idea.  Kill Zing-bot and give us something different (not Marsha the lame Moose).

Not to worry, Survivor is in the same rut.

However, my bigest pet peeve of all the shows (BB, S and TAR) are the retreads.   Enough is enough of the same dopey people either repeating the same show or migrating to a sister show.  The next Survivor will be "Survivor - Geriatric Island" featuring contestants that are now 2 decades older.  OMG, if I have to see that horse face braying Rachel and that simp hubby one more freakin time on anything.   She even popped up on BB Canada.  WTH???

BTW, what is the deal with the twist of the week?   Yet another dopey concept that seems to be blown now.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name