Ranking the Houseguests

bbjag

Every season I have ranked the Houseguest in my head on who is playing a good game and who is not.  I have never truly shared my ranking with others as I just never really wanted to but this year I have decided to do just that.  I think it will be fun conversation as the weeks go on and I then can look back at the season and see where people are trending.  I will post my preliminary rankings below for week one.  I will share my thoughts on some of the Houseguests but not on all of them.  Be aware that I am posting spoilers from the live feeds so if you don't have the live feeds and don't want to know what happens stop reading now.

Best Game Play:

Jackie- I have heard her get criticized by people for not acting like she is on the block but I think it is good game play on her part.  One of the things one can do early on in this game and lay low and stay under the radar.  When she entered the house as part of the twist this season she had a target on her back.  When she came in second in the second HOH competition she had an even bigger target as know she has made it clear she is strong as well.  But I like what she has done since then.  She was nominated and instead of freaking out and getting all emotional and letting that hurt her game she stayed strong, trusted what was said and fought hard for the BotB which is smart.  When she didn't win it she kept fighting but staying out of the limelight.  She knew the plan to backdoor Jace but still doesn't overreact and kind of let things swing how they might.  I have heard her ask a few times if the plan is still in place but has not campaigned and not caused any trouble.  That to me is GREAT game play early on in the game.

Shelli-  One of the reasons I am putting her here is because she has remained under the radar and and not been caught in the middle of things.  This is good game play on her part but I think she will have to start doing more.  Her social game is good right now.

Jeff-  He has a target on his back because of the twist and made a good move in telling Jackie to stay away from him so it doesn't look like they are connected in any way in this game.  He is playing good int he sens eof stay out of peoples way but I fear he is not going to be able to keep it up.  The good thing for him is Audrey and becoming a bigger target right now.

Middle of the Pack:

Meg-  I have her middle of the pack because I feel she has remained out of things and stayed low but also I have not seen much of her at all yet and it makes me feel as though is trying to float her way through which I feel won't work.  To me this early on I think her floating is neither a bad thing or a good thing.

Austin-  Austin being around Jace and making him a target but I feel he is giving good advice to Jace.  Keep your head low and just don't get caught up in the middle of the drama.  Basically don't give people more of a reason to evict you.  He is also knowing that he needs to stay away from Jace right now because of him being a target.

Worst Game:

Audrey gets my vote for worst game play and it will come back to bite her.  She started an alliance with girls early on in the game which is smart in many ways get some friends and build relationships but now it seems those people are questioning things.  Da'Vonne has basically steared clear at this point and so has Sheli and.  But the reason I think she is playing the worst game is her making deals with everyone and doing the whole playing the game too hard too fast.  She came in aggressive and I said so in the interviews that is how she will do it but that to me kills her game.  Now the people are starting to peice together her that she is the one trying to control the house and in the middle of the all the drama.  Her game play right now will get her evicted pretty early on.

James-  One of the things I have noticed is he has not allowed himself to fall into the first HOH syndrome that many have done before him.  He has slept downstairs and even has allowed someone else sleep upstairs and has stayed downstairs for the most part and around his houseguests.  The reason i think he is playing the game bad right now is is his decisons and the fact he is making unneccessary risks.  The plan from the beginning to backdoor Jace is extremely risky and not needed at this time in the game.  He is playing the game like they are three or four weeks in instead of only one.  The reason this move is so risky is Jace has two people on his side right now and that means James has put a big target on his back for just having the plan.  Now that Jace is on the block James becomes the scapegoat.  He says he is following the house and just doing what they want but in reality will be the one with the full blame.  If Jace finds a way to save himself this week James will have Jace, Austin, and Liz going after him and I think possibly have Vanessa as well which means he is going to turn into an early evictee if they win HOH and he can't find a way to save himself.  If Jace leaves this week James target gets slightly smaller as only two or three are going after him instead of 3-4.  The other reason I am questioning his game is it seems he is in every alliance and that never is good especially when people start talking.  If people feel his word is nothing they will not trust him and get him out because of it.  Right now I think his social game is great but the moves he is making is too risky to make this early in the game.  His saving grace is it seems Audrey has a bigger target on her back.

My Ranking:  (1-worst, 16-best)

Audrey

Da'Vonne

James

Jason

Jace

John

Liz

Meg

Austin

Steve

Becky

Clay

Vanessa

Jeff

Sheli

Jackie

• 4 weeks later...

I have decided to change the way I do my rankings this week as I can't seem to figure out a number value this week.  The reason I haven't posted my ranking past few weeks is I felt that most of the rankings haven't changes much in the past few weeks, this week it changes a lot.  My new rankings will list the top three or four players, middle two or three and the bottom two or three players.  This is my Mid week ranking as I make a final ranking after Thursdays show.  So here is where I stand with my rankings.  Keep in mind these rankings are not for popularity as I like some of these people that are ranked lower and I hate some of them that are ranked higher.

Vanessa

Shelli

Clay

Vanessa has played a very smart game up to this point and has done so while making deals and alliances with practically everyone in the game which is normally not a good move but this season it is working for her.  She is very good at strategizing and normally comes up with a good plan.  I liked Vanessa for the longest time but feel she is way too willing to throw her allies under the bus and get rid of them and I don't like that very much.  With all that said right now she is my favorite to win the game but that is going to depend a lot of what happens this week.

Shelli and Clay have been doing the same thing as Vanessa and it is worked for them as well.  Shelli has found a way to keep herself safe even though she has a showmance going on right now and normally those are dangerous to have.  She will have to watch her back eventually but right now she has put herself in a very good position.

Middle

Jason

Meg

Jackie

Jason has been playing fine and has done so without being HOH (more than once).  He is talked about as a target but no one seems to want to actually make the move to get him out of the house and that has worked for him so far.  I think things might change soon though as Liz has openly wanted him out and I think might actually try do it as she has been playing extremely hard in HOH the past few weeks.

Meg is alligned with Jason and has his back in the game which is great for him and her as they both have been talked about as targets but everyone seems to like them and keep them in the house.  Meg has basically used the floating card so far and it has worked for her.

Jackie was a floater until this week when she won HOH.  Her plan to go after Austin I think was a decoy as I seriously think she was aiming for Liz as the target.  I like Jackie and like what she has dne so far I just think she is way too trusting right now and that can be the end of her game.  If she is the replacement nominee she will most likely go out this week.

Bottom

Austin

James

Steve

Austin is infatuated with Liz and it has clouded his game play.  Him going to Jason before the eviction was stupid on so many levels and put a huge target on himself in the process.  Then to actually throw Julia under the bus was the dumbest move he could have made.  Julia and Liz will play together and Austin will have to be OK with that.  he is on damage control right now but very well could be going home this week,

James has been talked about as a target for weeks and every time he is on the block he seems perfectly OK with it like its no big deal.  He was asked to throw the BOB this week and in doing so made it way too obvious that was his plan and made people suspicious.  He will be a target soon if he isn't careful.

Steve is way too much by himself in the game which makes it easier for people to get rid of him.  Becky tried to help him out this week and he remains pretty safe but he will have to get to a side quick or will find himself walking out the door himself.

How come you left off so many people? I agree with your rankings except I would switch Jackie and James. I would also add John to the top (he's playing an excellent floater game), Beckie in the middle and Lizia in the bottom.

Shlay is possibly the best showmance to ever play. They both have an excellent social game, work extremely well together and are doing an amazing job of keeping bigger targets in front of them, which is an almost impossible task for an obvious showmance.

I think Vanessa's over analyzing, grasping at rumor straws, and talking in circles are all going to be her downfall.

I don't know if I personally like Shelli but I think she is playing the best game. She is in every alliance and has a better poker face than Vanessa. She is able to act shocked and sad when she needs to, even if she isn't.